Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I agree the spreadsheet is going crazy...either that or it is just the 3 of us :smile:

I emailed our HoH for some intra house assistance. Every time I have tried to "fix" the spreadsheet in the past I have screwed it up worse. My knowledge is limited to data entry and looking for house totals. I'll see what kind of response I get by later today. Hopefully it can be fixed. Please in the meantime post your week one house points, and weight lost this week. I need to send weekly totals (for housepoints and weight loss) to the new HoH by Tuesday. For now, just hold on to your weekly OWL's and NEWT's as I will not not need the totals until the end of next week.
    If the spreadsheet can be salvaged, I will get your data typed in for week one. If it can not be fixed, I will be able to calculate our weekly totals for the numbers you supply me.
    Stay tuned for more information...and Happy Sunday to all...my my my where did Sat go to????
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Yes the spreadsheet is confusing. i hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have a busy Sunday with two birthday parties! One of them being my daughter's. She is turning five. It's so hard to believe.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Yes, the spreadsheet is "going crazy", I did log in my weekly weight, but did not update newts or owls as I don't want to put them in the wrong column---hopefully Karen will be able to correct this.

I put my June 4th weight on the spreadsheet, but the rest of the cells in my row are skewed, so I am putting my June 10th here.

June 4th - 163.8
    June 10th - 162.3 (down 1.5 lbs)

minutes: 450 mins
  • vasogoma
    vasogoma Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    June 4th - 163.8
    June 10th - 162.3 (down 1.5 lbs)

minutes: 450 mins

Yay congrats on the loss :)
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Another Monday, I do not know how the weekend always flies by so fast..Have a great Monday everyone!
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd check in here too, like Beej.

Last week: 146.4
    This week: 144.6
    Minutes: 222

This gets me down to a healthy BMI, yay! Finally.

Also since I've got to this bmi place I've told myself from the get go this is when I stop weighing myself so much. I will weigh myself next week (end of the phase of the work out I'm doing so I'll be doing a progress report on that) and at the end of the month but really after this the goal is only to weight myself once a month, at the end of the month.

So my activity on the weight front will be less but of course I'll stick around for the fun OWLs and NEWTs, the support, and minutes stuff! I love this challenge :3
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Thought I'd check in here too, like Beej.

Last week: 146.4
    This week: 144.6
    Minutes: 222

This gets me down to a healthy BMI, yay! Finally.

So my activity on the weight front will be less but of course I'll stick around for the fun OWLs and NEWTs, the support, and minutes stuff! I love this challenge :3

Now that you are in the "healthy BMI range", the rest is fine-tuning to your final decision on "what's a good maintenance point for me" (will vary with bone structure) and then working on maintenance.

Maintenance can need just as much support as getting there in the first place, so hope we keep seeing you lots!
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Now that you are in the "healthy BMI range", the rest is fine-tuning to your final decision on "what's a good maintenance point for me" (will vary with bone structure) and then working on maintenance.

Maintenance can need just as much support as getting there in the first place, so hope we keep seeing you lots!

Exactly what I was thinking. It's all about finding the maintenance point for me, finding the place where I really love and am comfortable with my body and staying there. I'm getting to that point soon, I know that as I'm very happy with my body where it is but still got a bit left to work on.

Bah, maintenance, that idea just scares me. For so long it's been about losing, I'm going to have to switch my whole mindset when I get there and it's going to be a whole new ball game. You will be seeing me lots, that's a promise. Haha I love this Hufflepuff group, you're all amazing! How could I stay away? XD
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has posted stats this week. If you have not posted, please post your weight loss for the past week along with house points on the thread. Thanks to all! I am not able to correct, and have not heard back yet for HoH as to whether the sheet is salvagable or not.
  • Molly_Louise
    Molly_Louise Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Very quick post from me. Missing you all lots and I hope you´re all well. I´ve seen theres a problem with the spreadsheet (I haven´t physically seen it, just references to it on here) and I can fix it when I am home on Sunday if you can all record your stats for me in the mean time, either on the thread or elsewhere.

Hope you´re well!

Molly xo
  • vasogoma
    vasogoma Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Last week: 143
    This week: 142
    580 minutes
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Weight: 181.4
    Exercise Points: 1,218
    No Owls or Newts.
  • skinnysuzie
    Options
    Molly, sounds heavenly, glad you are having a great time (and that you can log in and keep your streak going--I think you have the longest streak) . My streak of 52 is the longest for me I believe.

I have posted my weight and house points on the spreadsheet already, here are my owls and newts

Owls: 29
    Newts: 11

I made a recipe I found in Runners World Magazine--Minestrone with Spring Vegetables, very good. I logged it as Olives Garden because the calories were the same per serving. The sodium was crazy high though. I wish I had paid attention when I was making this soup how much sodium was in it. One low cal bowl puts me over my sodium for the day 8 (

Directly because of being a Hufflepuff and participating in the different challenges in our house, I have added sodium and sugar to my food diary--before I just drank extra water if I was eating a high sodium meal--didn't really pay too much attention to the content, and almost the same for sugar--if it is a healthy food I pretty much am ok with it, it's the unhealthy sugars I am trying to abstain from (at least too much). Love being a hufflepuff and love all my fellow huffles.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Hola from sunny Spain! Thanks all for posting your stats here. I will ask you to post a grand total of your own OWLs, NEWTs and House Points on Sunday too, just to make things a little easier for me. I have a copy of a blank spreadsheet on my computer and so what I will do is simply give out the link to that one and we can re-fill in our information. I hope this makes sense. I will be able to add to the spreadsheet whatever information I can retrieve from the current spreadsheet and whatever information is posted in the common room, but if we can all work together we can have it all filled in correctly as it should be :)

We are all having a great time here in Majorca and thoroughly enjoying the gorgeous sunshine. It is raining so heavily in the UK and there have been awful floods, so it is great to be away from that and we definitely aren´t looking forward to having to go home! Thankfully we still have several days left to enjoy the sun and fun here. I don´t know when I´ll be back online so I´ll say goodbye now, though I am sure I´ll be back tomorrow! Haha. Thank goodness for internet access ,)

A big thanks to you all for being so helpful with the spreadsheet and for posting your stats here, and for Karen for taking over as HoH in my absence. Enjoy your trip to Vegas, Karen! xo
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Thanks to all for posting stats. I have calculated the old fashioned way, and sent off to our new HoH. So much to do before I leave tomorrow...I am already looking forward to a nap on the plane out to Las Vegas...a 4 hour flight. I have heard more positive compliments on my short hair this week on how it makes me look younger...considering the fact I turn 40 in less than a month, it is great to hear :)

Strong work by all Hufflepuffs, we all all working hard towards our goal whether it be maintaining weight or weight loss. You continue to inspire me towards my goals. Thanks to all, and have a great day!
  • skinnysuzie
    Options
    Wow, it really cooled off last night. Our furnace came on. Hope it stays cool for my run after work. Have a great Wednesday all.

Have great fun Karen ,and lot's of well earned R&R.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    If you can add your stats to the spreadsheet then please do, but if you can´t don´t worry just continue to either post them here in the common room or keep a record of them elsewhere, just please ensure you have a grand total of OWLs, NEWTs and House Points to add to what will be the ´new´ spreadsheet on Sunday. I hope this makes sense. If not I will explain it when I am back in England and not on a time limit for my internet use as I am here in Spain!! :)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    One of my MFP Friends just started using a weighted hoop at her gym, and that has inspired me!

I will be dusting off my hoop, and hitting the back deck for hoop-sercising. This is kinda-like practicing patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time. You get the hoop going around your waist (remembering to change rotation direction regularly :wink: ) and then build on by adding slow-and-steady calesthenics like static lunges; torso twists; toe tapping forward-side-back-together with right foot, then forward-side-back-together with left foot; walking forwards, back and sideways etc.

I also joined the MFP Hooping Group - and saw a post that one should ball-park this kind of thing at approx 300 cals per hour if you don't have a HRM for a more exact reading.
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    The challenges to start on Sunday 6/17/12

OWL
    Main Challenge:
    1 OWL: Once a day, hold a plank for as long as you can. If there is no medical reason why you can't, do it anyway, even if only for a few seconds! Keep trying to increase your time by the end of the week
    1 Bonus OWL: If you plank more than once between getting up and going to bed (only 1 Bonus per day)
    1 Bonus OWL: If You beat your record (even if only by a second or two) Try to increase your time by the end of the week

Alternate for those who can't do a plank ( due to shoulder or wrist problems etc):
    Option 1 : 1 OWL: 15 hip bridges
    1 Bonus OWL: if you do extra
    1 Bonus OWL: If you do both options (only 1 bonus per day)

Option 2: 1 OWL: 10 reverse crunches
    1 Bonus OWL: if you do extra
    1 Bonus OWL: If you do both options (only 1 bonus per day)

NEWT

2 NEWTS if you can stay away from late night snacking. No specific times...you know when you are late night snacking :)
    2 NEWTS for drinking 8 glasses of water a day.

BeeJ don't forget to start off next week with 10 OWLS
    Shreddin mama start yourself off with 10 NEWTS
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    My flight is 7 hours total not 4...forgot about the time change. So worth it. 2 hours to flight time...Promise to have lots of fun while I am away and take a few pictures along the way. Have a great rest of the week everyone!