Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my inactivity in the last little bit. When the spreadsheet got messed up I was just too lazy to make an effort, especially with how busy I am with school and work and life. I'm horrible, I know. But I'm back! I won't be tracking weight for a while (July 22nd is my next weigh in) but I'll have those house points up, Hufflepuffs gotta take the cup!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Hey, tofit! You changed your picture! and did your ticker always have an archer, or did it just not register before?

You are looking GREAT!
  • keyboardwench
    Options
    Hey, tofit! You changed your picture! and did your ticker always have an archer, or did it just not register before?

You are looking GREAT!

Ahaha yeah I just changed the display picture today after doing some progress pictures. I'm really digging my back lately. And no, the ticker used to have me playing soccer rather than archery - but since I stopped playing soccer this summer I felt awkward having it in my ticker. Might have to change it again because I'm not doing archery much either...

Thanks very much :) you're so observant, can't believe you noticed the picture change!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Might have to change it again because I'm not doing archery much either...

Leave it! Your "fitness aims are right on target" :laugh: (metaphors don't HAVE to realistically reflect current action :wink: )
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have been unable to find the Owl and Newt challenges for the week, so haven't been able to do them 8 ( --I haven't looked in the last couple of days, so it's a wash for this week I think. Next week I am on vacation, so will get back to O's and N's when I get back.

They were posted on the great hall. Weeks 2 and 3 are posted as well. I thought you were already on vacation! Have a great time!

I looked in the Great Hall , haven't seen anything posted real recently....am I looking in the wrong spot???
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    We are leaving in about 1/2 hour for our vacation and I realized I had not logged on yet this morning. Hope everyone has a great week. I will not be able to post anything, but will be able to log on with my phone daily. I will be back on Thursday. Till then, stay cool and well hydrated. Ciao!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    5.5 miles walked / 531 calories burned - a rainbow and the last of the constellations made. I totaled it up, and I have walked almost 35 MILES (in front of the tv) this week. I will be going back to a more varied / more balanced range of activities next week, but keep with the making a rainbow a day.

(my feet can't take this much walking everyday without a break forever .... and the mileage doesn't take into account everyday walking around to the bus stop and back, while shopping etc)

Enjoy your vacation, suzie!
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5.5 miles walked / 531 calories burned - a rainbow and the last of the constellations made. I totaled it up, and I have walked almost 35 MILES (in front of the tv) this week.

WHAT WHAT!? That's so super. Keep it up! :D

Suzie, enjoy your vaca. :D

In Lisa news, I'm so excited to be leaving for MY vacation in 10 days. We're going to North Carolina. I can not even tell you how excited I am. I LOVE the mountains. I plan on doing AT least a trail a day. Hopefully I can handle having a toddler strapped to me for hours at a time or find some stroller friendly trails. She has extreme separation anxiety with me, so leaving her at the cabin isn't really an option.
    Oh, and guys... guys.... I jogged 2/3 of my route yesterday. Totaling an entire mile. :D I think that brings my total mileage this week up to 10. :)

Have a relaxing Sunday!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I looked in the Great Hall , haven't seen anything posted real recently....am I looking in the wrong spot???

page 4 second to last post on the page in the great hall. Have a great vacation...they will still be here when you get back!
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    BeeJ some amazing walking! keep it up!

Lisa--Where are you headed, as there are lots of mountains in NC? Anywhere you end up at will a great vacation (and hopefully they will have cooled off by the time you get there). One of the many things I like about living where I live...great beaches 3 hours away and great mountains 3 hours away. Congrats on the run! You are doing great with that!

Off from today sticking to the indoors (except for pool time) as we are having another "feels like 110" day. looks like relief to the heat is in sight later this week. On a bright note, I picked some peppers and dug up some onions from the garden this weekend...now tomatoes ripen

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! *wave*
    I'm Christine and I'd like to be sorted into Hufflepuff.
    How do I join the Inter-House Challenge / is there any rules I should know of? :p
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I wound up with a total of 45.8 miles walked. I have pledged to give my feet a break - and to not cover NEARLY so many miles, unless some of it is on my bike :bigsmile: But I had started a second "account"on WIO, and can now make 2 rainbows a day. I also used more challenging settings, so it will take me longer to finish everything this time.
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Hi everyone! *wave*
    How do I join the Inter-House Challenge / is there any rules I should know of? :p

Welcome Christine. I am Karen and currently serving as a deputy head of house. Below is the link to the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArisWe6qmbHrdFVoLWtFem12THRkSDk2UU95dWpPM1E#gid=0

You can enter your name at the bottom of the names on the spreadsheet and fill in as much as you can

housepoints=activity points and it is 1 to 1
    NEWTS food challenge
    OWL exercise challenge

The owl and newt challenge are on page 4 of the great hall

The challenge weeks run Sun to Sat and you can weigh in from Sat to Mon

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! *wave*

Welcome Christine. I am Karen and currently serving as a deputy head of house. Below is the link to the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArisWe6qmbHrdFVoLWtFem12THRkSDk2UU95dWpPM1E#gid=0

You can enter your name at the bottom of the names on the spreadsheet and fill in as much as you can

housepoints=activity points and it is 1 to 1
    NEWTS food challenge
    OWL exercise challenge

The owl and newt challenge are on page 4 of the great hall

The challenge weeks run Sun to Sat and you can weigh in from Sat to Mon

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Awesome, so I can join in on week 1 and count the exercise I've done on sunday/monday/tuesday already?
    Also, how do I log OWLs and NEWTs? Is it by amount (like, 10 push ups = 10 NEWT points?)
    Thank you!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Kept up a 3.5 mph walking pace for 1:35 - made a double rainbow.(4.5 miles)
  • Molly_Louise
    Molly_Louise Posts: 503
    Options
    So sorry for my absence, it's late here so I will make a proper post tomorrow!
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Awesome, so I can join in on week 1 and count the exercise I've done on sunday/monday/tuesday already?
    Also, how do I log OWLs and NEWTs? Is it by amount (like, 10 push ups = 10 NEWT points?)
    Thank you!

Sorry about the delay... tried to do this earlier and my internet kept dropping. Start your house points, owls and newts under week 2. If you notice on the spreadsheet, Molly and I have started logging our house points owls and newts under week 2, and then we will enter our weekly weight to the left of the housepoints owls and newts we log during the week. Most members only update the spreadsheet once or twice a week, you can update as your schedule allows (just make sure the previous week is updated by Monday night). You can keep your weight where it is at, and keep in mind it is a monthly goal weight, not your ultimate goal weight.

I am going to repost the challenges right after this post so we have all of the on our page. Each challenge usually has an owl and newt value associated with it. For the challenges that do not have a value with them, I would just give yourself 1 owl or 1 newt if you complete the task or 0 if you did not complete the task.
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Week 1 - Gryffindor
    Food - Stay under your sugar macro goal for the day.
    Exercise - Squats! For every day that you complete at least 20 squats, you'll earn your challenge for the day! If you complete at least 150 during the week, give yourself one extra OWL at the end of the week!

Week 2 - Hufflepuff
    Food - Monitor your sodium levels! Each participant should have the sodium column in their diary and for every day they are 'under' the sodium 'goal', they should award themselves. For every day that the individual is under their sodium goal, they should award themselves 5 NEWTs (or OWLs, depending on the house's usual tracking system). As well as that, for every glass of water an individual has they should award themselves 1 NEWT/OWL, so 1 NEWT/OWL per glass.
    Exercise - This week's exercise is crunches! For every set of 10 crunches an individual completes, they should award themselves 5 OWLs. A bonus 5 OWLs can be awarded for 60 minutes of exercise completed, and that can be any form exercise.

Week 3 - Ravenclaw
    Food - Eat at least four servings of vegetables during the day.
    Exercise - Aim for 50 jumping jacks per day! You can split them up throughout the day or you can complete them all at once.

Week 4 - Slytherin
    TBD
  • keyboardwench
    Options
    I've been watching my sodium for a couple weeks now, it's an interesting thing to watch, I'm glad to accept this challenge!

Also two days til my birthday! I'll probably be late getting my points in because I'm busy all weekend.
  • Molly_Louise
    Molly_Louise Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi everyone! So sorry I haven't been posting a lot recently, working two jobs and 6 days a week is exhausting.

Just to clarify that for this weeks challenge, our food is being recorded in NEWTs and our exercise in OWLs. I wrote NEWTs/OWLs in my message to Kelly (which Karen posted here for all to see, thanks Karen btw!) as I wasn't sure if the other houses worked in the same way to us here in Hufflepuff.

I am now working two jobs and have been for about 5 weeks now. Recently I have been working almost every day (usually 6 days a week though occasionally 5 which is a lot better!) and so I'm just really tired a lot of the time as my hours a long with a late finish and an early start. Both of my jobs are in national retail stores which are having big sales at the moment which is one reason for the long hours, but it is okay and I am quite enjoying it all now, as I wasn't enjoying my new, second job a few weeks ago.

However I had today off of work and I have Monday off too as it is my best friends birthday! Well her birthday is on Monday but today we went to London for the day (we live an hour from London if you didn't know) and we're taking her out for lunch on Monday.

Christine, welcome to Hufflepuff! I'm Molly and I'm the head of house here. I'm trying to add you to the spreadsheet but it is proving to be a little problematic at the moment as the formula's do not recognise your inputted data, so please bear with me :)