Week 5

Options
Just finished W5D2 and I swear you'd think I'd never ran this before .... ever. Wow was it bad. I couldn't focus and my dog was throwing me all off pace. Normally she doesn't give me any issues, but today she was absolutely ridiculous!

Anyhow, I got 2.1 miles in 14:39min/mi

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    im starting week 5 on monday, i always get nervous when starting a new week! xx
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm going to recycle week 5. I'm too sick today to run, so I'll just start anew on Monday :happy:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I'm going to recycle week 5. I'm too sick today to run, so I'll just start anew on Monday :happy:

how do you find running non stop for longer? xx
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    It's not too bad actually. The way they set up the program, by the time you get to the end of the 5 min run you're thinking, that's it? Same with the 8 and when you do 20 I feel sooo good!
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I started week 5 day one today. It was east than I thought. Let's see if I feel this way tomorrow! Lol
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Im starting week five tonight. Im not worried about tonight, but I definitely am worried about that 20min run at the end!!!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I'm starting week 5 tonight too, i am definatley worried about the 20 minutes at the end too!!

x
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    I just did W5D3 this morning after attempting it 2 days ago and stopping at 15 mins..... I was determined to do the 20 minutes before stopping but really didn't think I could.... my sons told me to make sure I got to 10 mins even if it kills me because after that you get into a rhythm.... and they were right..... I started running and was struggling before 10 mins.... waiting for the man to tell me I was half way.... seemed to take forever.... but I hung in there and then somehow I got into the zone and the next time I looked at the clock i was up to 19 minutes.... so I couldn't give up that close..... what an amazing feeling!! That's the longest I've run continuously for over 30 years!! I can't believe that only 5 weeks ago I was struggling to run 90 seconds.
  • mmhenry28
    Options
    I just did W5D3 this morning after attempting it 2 days ago and stopping at 15 mins..... I was determined to do the 20 minutes before stopping but really didn't think I could.... my sons told me to make sure I got to 10 mins even if it kills me because after that you get into a rhythm.... and they were right..... I started running and was struggling before 10 mins.... waiting for the man to tell me I was half way.... seemed to take forever.... but I hung in there and then somehow I got into the zone and the next time I looked at the clock i was up to 19 minutes.... so I couldn't give up that close..... what an amazing feeling!! That's the longest I've run continuously for over 30 years!! I can't believe that only 5 weeks ago I was struggling to run 90 seconds.

Wow this is great. I find this too, that you do get into a rhythm and all of a sudden it gets easier. My issue is when I get to a particular point in my run I know its pretty close to the end and my body and lungs start to hurt. but im ony up to day two tomorrow. eek.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I, too, was afraid of the dreaded W5D3, but it ended up going OK. I'm now on week 7---25 minute runs every time!! Ahh!! I did one today, though, so I know I can do it.

It's incredible that we've all come this far!! 7 weeks ago I never could have just run for 25 minutes straight, but here I am doing it!
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Hey all,

I did week 5 day 1 yesterday, im doing day 2 tonight and day 3 on Thursday. I think what Lucy says is right, it's all to do with brain power and being in the right frame of mind. I am determined to do this before christmas! :D

xxx
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Haven't run since Thursday, which was W4D2... but I'm thinking I'll skip ahead today and do W5D1. I like that there are less intervals! Makes it go by faster.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Did it! In the most humid weather EVER. Last week I was freezing, this week I was sweating all over.
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to start W5 yesterday but I'm sick with the flu. May not be 100% until next week. Should I start week 5 next week or should I repeat W4?
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    I got sick last week when I started week 5 also, I just kept with week 5 again this week. It's completely up to you on if you feel like you can just pick up where you left off or if you want to back track.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    W5D2 in the books again! It was a cold one today. 28 degrees with snowflakes.... but it was so invigorating!
  • mmhenry28
    Options
    its summertime in my world and I live in a tropical climate, so have to run when its almost dark. Finished week 5 day 2 and smashed it.

Really looking forward to the long run tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Week 5 day 3 tonight! bit nervous but will make sure i don't stop!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    W5D3 in the books.... and can I just say.... it was tough! The last 10 mins of the kicked my butt! I kept wanting to give up and I just kept calling myself a wuss and that kept me going. :blushing: Apparently if I beat myself up in my mind it's okay to push me along. :laugh:
  • Pidders89
    Options
    i did day 3 last night, it wasnt too bad :)