Week 5

Options

Replies

• natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    W5D2 down as well yesterday. I decided to start running after 3 min of walking in the middle, so my last segment was 10 min, and my pace was faster as well - 11min/mile. Yay. Looking forward to the 20 minute run tomorrow! May have to slow down a little....
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Finished week 5 Day 3 last night. I am going to start week 6 tomorrow, hopefully. I will see you on that thread!
  • natalie412
    Options
    Woohoo - day 3 done!! Felt awful when I first started running (had some stomach issues since last night), but started feeling better, and then around 8 -10 minutes, really started getting easier. The last few minutes were rough though!! Did the running segment in 10:55/mile (5.5 mph), though. Yay - I feel like a millions bucks. See you on week 6!
  • wannareduce
    wannareduce Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hey guys... did W5D3 and I could run straight for 20 + 5 more mins :drinker:
    And made it to 1.8miles with 13min/mile :brokenheart:

I know this is bad... but do I need to do W5D3 again to increase the speed (or) can I go to W6, pls give your thoughts here..

• natalie412
    Options
    Its really not about speed (although I can't help but try to keep increasing) - at this point it is about endurance. Once you finish C25K, then work on speed, in my opinion...
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Starting week 5 today! Scared but gonna give it all I got!
  • Beth292
    Beth292 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post and I'm on W5 and will be doing W5D3 tomorrow! W5D2 went well, and I finished up feeling very proud but the 3rd run of this week feels like a huge jump! Going to give it all I have but seeing how well everyone is doing has given me great motivation! I'm also weighing in tomorrow to find out how my first week of eating well has gone. Big day!
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did W5D2 again this morning. I did it last Friday, but on Monday (which was supposed to be my W5D3) I was sick. So I decided to repeat day 2 and go for day 3 on Friday. The 8 minutes is tough, but I'm motivated by all of those who have made it through day 3. I'm going pretty slow, but I think building up the total amount of time that you can just keep going is the most important - I did two miles with my combined total of 16 minutes jogging and 15 minutes walking.
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I completed W5:D2 this morning and I have to say that I was a bit nervous about the 8 minute run but when it came down to it. I selected good music, got in a groove and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I'm not saying that it was easy by any means ... I really had to push through my last running interval. But, I didn't jump off the treadmill or slow down -- I just started repeating my motivational mantra in my head, stopped thinking about it and just did it. I feel pretty good about myself today :)
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    W5D3 Tomorrow!! When I saw 8 minutes yesterday I freaked but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought! I <3<3 this program!
  • star4liberty
    Options
    I am training to run a half marathon in September in Virginia Beach
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did W5D3 today! VERY slow towards the end, but I didn't stop. I don't have a good sense of the distance that I went, but doing an estimate on google maps I figure it was about 1.6 miles for the jogging part - 12.5 minute/mile.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    W5D3 done but I really struggled during the first run. Just couldn't do 9 mins straight. I'm gonna redo week 5 and go at a slower pace.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 5, day 1 today and felt pretty good. I'm training for www.toughmudder.com at the end of June. Would absolutely love to have some friends who are doing this program and post their work outs! I use a hrm and post all my stats please feel free to add me!
  • Beth292
    Options
    Damn! I posted last week about trying to do W5D3, and with a combination of a few things (forgetting my inhalor, my headphones not working and the 30 day shred the day before) I didn't get to finish, and had to walk for a minue 13 minutes in and 17 minutes in.

I'm going to try again tomorrow, but hopefully will be less demoralised, is anyone else doing W5D3 tomorrow? :)
  • natalie412
    Options
    Just take it a little slower in the beginning, you can always speed up. The first time I tried 25 minutes, I failed - and I realized my speed was 30 sec/mile faster (even with the little bit of walking) than the next successful time.
  • Beth292
    Options
    W5D3 done! Thank you for the advice, I'll see you guys in Week 6!! :)
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Starting week 5 on Saturday and I'm super nervous!! I always get nervous about the new week though! I'm thinking I'm going to start taking my dog with me - but maybe that's not the best idea...hmm
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I did Week 5 day 1 on Monday...it was really rough...worse than Week 5 day 2 in my opinion. I did day 2 last night and made a point to not look at the timer at all and instead just focus on my music...it was much easier than I thought it would be. I even ended up running an extra 3 minutes just because I wanted to break the 2 mile mark for the first time (which I did!). I'm still super nervous about Day 3 tomorrow but hoping it will surprise me.
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just did Week 5 Day 1, which for various reasons was a bit tougher than usual. There have been thunderstorms all day, and it's really hot and humid - plus I've been feeling a bit off all day, but a break in the weather meant I could give it a go. The second 5min run was hard, but the third run was easier as usual and I ran for an extra minute or two at the end. I'll do W5D2 on Monday.