Replies

• Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    week 5 day 1 tonight! excited and yet im very terrified
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Did week 5 day 2 this morning. Wasn't easy, but it's done! I ran outside (it's warm here downunder!) and the first 8 minutes is up a slight hill from our place... Thinking I might do the 20 minute run on the treadmill ;)
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooo! Do it outside! Then you can turn around at halfway and the second half is downhill - lovely!
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Did week 5 d 2 last night and week 5 d 3 this morning...maybe if I'd given myself more than 11 hours off I'd have felt better but it wasn't too bad. I set myself with "I must run for 5 songs without looking at the clock" and then before I knew it there were just a couple of minutes of running left. My knee is a little sore but I'm glad I squeezed this run in before a long day at work. I didn't quite make 2 mi in 20 min but I finished 2.6 mi with the warmup and cooldown, so it was close. For some reason the C25k program that i use on my phone will hibernate if I switch back to my gps program so I usually don't look at the gps until the end of the session otherwise the timers for the runs get paused. maybe I'll look for a new c25k program.
  • flabulous4
    Options
    You're only 3 weeks off the finish...why not just get a Bridge to 10K app instead? :glasses:
  • abetterliv
    abetterliv Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5! My schedule has been weird this week so i did w4d3 on tuesday, w5 day 1 on wednesday, w5 day2 on friday and then w5 day 3 today! I don't remember the last time i EVER ran for 20 minutes straight, so I am really happy with myself. It wasn't that bad (except I had to pause the treadmill for about 30 seconds to tie my shoe), and I can't wait to finally get all the way to 30 minutes! The last 5 minutes were kind of tough though, but I wasn't about to stop. Can't wait until next week!
  • elf618
    Options
    delete
  • elf618
    Options
    You're only 3 weeks off the finish...why not just get a Bridge to 10K app instead? :glasses:
    thanks for the tip i really hadn't looked at what else is out there
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I've been putting on W5D3 for some time now....guess I should get around to it tonight...
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I did it! I felt AWESOME!!!!
  • flabulous4
    Options
    I did it! I felt AWESOME!!!!

Isn't it the BEST feeling?! :happy:
  • pcgunter
    pcgunter Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    W5D1 was not that bad. W5D2, the first run was tiring, and the last 8 min run felt like I could run forever. W5D3 was completed last night, and it seems as if the 1st runs are harder on me than the runs following the first time I get to walk. The only problem is that the 20 minute run was the 1st run, so I struggled the whole way. Even still, I did not stop, total distance including warm up and cool down walk was 2.65 miles, and my pace during the 20 min. was anywhere from 7:30 min/mi to 10:00 min/mi. Overall, week 5 was a success. I have my first group run with my company this Saturday...gonna try my luck at a 5K!!!
  • dsb76
    dsb76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my 20min run tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I am using the modified schedule of the ease to 5k app so my last run was 2 9 minute runs and it was tough.
    For those of you who run on the treadmill - do you work on an incline? I haven't been but my husband just told me that I should be setting the incline at 1.5 to prepare myself for outdoor running.
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Did Week 5 Day 1 yesterday. I had a cold this week and took a few days off, but now I'm back in the game!
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    throughout this program i have been running on my treadmill, and i have failed week 5 day 3 three times! so last night my brother calls and tells me to run a 5k. i decided to give it my best shot and figured the most i have done is 17 min on my treadmill straight and i could walk the rest and still that would be ok. but once i started i got in the groove, and i ran the whole thing! it wasnt an accurate 5k race it was only 2.59 miles, but i ran straight for 34min! i am so proud of my self.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll be doing Week 5 Day 3. I'm so excited to finally be "allowed" by the program to run for 20 straight. Can't wait to see how I do. Running for the entire time makes me feel like I'm a runner, rather than a ... jogger/walker? Which I'm excited for :)

Keep up the good work everyone..
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Did week 5 Day 2 today. I was struggling a little bit at the end but I made it through!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Did Week 5 day 1 yesterday, and was expecting a 3rd 5 min run at the end, so I did it anyway, and THEN did the 5 min cool down. Felt awesome. I really enjoy pushing myself on those runs. Never thought I would like to run!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    throughout this program i have been running on my treadmill, and i have failed week 5 day 3 three times! so last night my brother calls and tells me to run a 5k. i decided to give it my best shot and figured the most i have done is 17 min on my treadmill straight and i could walk the rest and still that would be ok. but once i started i got in the groove, and i ran the whole thing! it wasnt an accurate 5k race it was only 2.59 miles, but i ran straight for 34min! i am so proud of my self.

That's awesome! I've heard that after first 10 minutes or so, it gets easier. I'm tempted to skip day 2 and go straight to day 3!
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    W5D2 down! Yea!!!!