Week 5

Options

Replies

• Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So I start day 1 of week 5 tomorrow. I've already looked at the schedule and know the big day 3 is coming up on Friday. I'm gonna try to push through this week even if it kills me. :) Anybody else starting week 5 this week?
  • bankstisha
    bankstisha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am doing day 2 today. I was thinking of repeating Day 1, but decided I'm just going to move on. If I can't get through the 8 min run, then I am just going to repeat day 2 until I can. I am not moving on to Day 3 until I feel comfortable with Day 2. I decided to completely rest yesterday, didn't exercise at all, I made sure I drank a lot of water and ate clean. Hopefully that helps. oh boy! lol
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    W5D1 Finished & it was not that bad. I was actually quite pleased with the way it went. Hoping that D2 is the same. D3 is another story LOL !
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    W5D1 Finished & it was not that bad. I was actually quite pleased with the way it went. Hoping that D2 is the same. D3 is another story LOL !

Same here, not too bad at all, even added an extra two minutes on the last run, Am dreading Friday...
  • Siannah
    Options
    W5D2 finished as well, and again added some minutes, did two times 10 minutes. Feel reasonably confident about Day 3. The first 4-5 minutes are always tough, but once I'm going at a nice pace, it's fine really.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    W5D3 = DONE !!!!! YES I did it & cannot believe that I ran for 20 minutes without stopping. It feels great & I am ready to move onto W6- bring it !!
  • Siannah
    Options
    Delighted with myself as well. The 20 mins went fine and I decided to run till home, rather than walk, ran 27 mins in total, which was 4.13km. Not the fastest, but I odn't care.

See ye in Week 6!
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of myself for finishing day 3 of this week. I can't wait to move on knowing I can do it now. :) I think it is all mental, but once you get past it, it opens your eyes to being able to complete it. :)
  • BrownEyedGirl130
    Options
    OMG, I actually ran the 20 minutes straight this morning. I was so scared I wouldn't be able, but now I am so happy I did it :)
  • cupcake26
    cupcake26 Posts: 11
    Options
    I start week 5 today. Week 4 was tough, but i pushed through it. I thought about repeating it, but I looked at week 5 and the first two days are very similar to what i just did last week.
  • cupcake26
    cupcake26 Posts: 11
    Options
    Finished week 5 d 2 yesterday. Was a little rough. I think I need to get fitted for new shoes this weekend.

20 minutes on friday, i'm trying to psych myself up for it.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Today I will be doing Week 5 Day 2 ~ I can't wait!! I love the how I feel when I am done :smile:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Well - I did it!! Barely, but I made it through Day 3!! My run double app crapped out right in the middle, so I think I actually ran 21 mins. give or take, per my HRM! It was HARD (of course, the drinks I had the night before may have affected me)! I don't know my pace, but that was probably a blessing in disguise! Onward and upward! :smile:
  • LadyW1nger
    LadyW1nger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ran day 3 this morning with no problems! Actually, after the 20 minutes I felt fantastic and even felt like I could have gone longer! I'm so proud of myself. Never thought I'd be able to run for 20 min without stopping or walking!
  • DoBetterDrea
    DoBetterDrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did W5, D3 yesterday. It was waaaaaaaay easier than I expected!
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just tried week 5 day 1 and experienced my first real setback. Half way through the run, I felt a painful "pop" in my hamstring. I am about 80% sure I could have run it off, but I know better than to gamble on that. I walked home, stretched, and now it is ice time. I'll have to give it another go on Monday!
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Success on redoing w5d1! My hamstring was a-okay, thanks to a little TLC this weekend. My thanks to everyone who has stressed the importance of listening to your body - that prevented my from trying to just "power through it" and hurting myself more.
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear the second attempt was a success for you! Well done. :)
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1. complete.

It was hard. I think because I've been eating really poorly the last 3 days. For a few minutes after I was done I felt like I wanted to puke. Eeeeeew! So tomorrow is a day off and then I'm considering whether to repeat day 1 or move on to day 2.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Did W5D1 yesterday and am doing d2 tomorrow. Pretty confident about it...Day 1 went really well, I felt like I could keep going (actually didn't hear my stop signal on my mp3 and ran a bit longer and was totally ok with it!). Really nervous about D3 though