2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Chloe - hope Saturday works out for ya!

Better - Glad your plan is working out so well!

Beeps - We LOVED Cabo!! I'm jealous!

Amy - I didnt know about your dad. Sorry to hear he has to go through chemo, but glad the first treatment went well. :flowerforyou:

Well, day two down and I survived. Granted I was starving most of the day and cranky because of it, but like I said, i survived :tongue:

Dinner and lunch are prepared for tomorrow (chicken masala for both) and weights planned for the evening. Keep it rolling ladies!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    thanks, Jen! Your diary looks great. Are you really hungry? It looks like a lot for limited calories. I tried on some bathing suits tonight, which no one really likes, right? I didn't buy...
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Amy- Glad to hear your dad's first treatment went well, keeping you in my thoughts!

Beeps- I loved Cabo too! Puerto Vallarta will always be my favorite in Mexico, but Cabo was really fun. Where are you staying?

Better- You are rocking it!

I had a great day yesterday eating wise and plan to have more of the same today. I did walk 3 miles on the treadmill last night and that felt good. I think I am just going to do that today, tomorrow and Friday, and then my Yoga class on Saturday and more walking Sunday. Hopefully next week I'll be ready for more intensity. My bad is feeling good today though, so I am happy about that.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I know I'm way behind on everything, work has been crazy this week. Next week I'll be better. I didn't do so great on sticking to my goals last weekend (other than my run, I did get a 14 miler in on Saturday, which felt awesome), but I've been good this week and I think I'll have more resolve this weekend in the coming weeks. My weight has been stable (which is my goal).

I'm jealous of all of you with significant others who love to work out! I would give anything to have my husband run a marathon with me, or even a few 5ks. My husband plays squash on Saturdays and basketball on Wednesdays, but he hates any kind of non-game exercise. He's been doing MFP lately and watching his calories to stay at a healthy week, but I would LOVE it if he worked out more; not that he's out of shape, but just because it would be motivating for me and it would be a nice thing to be able to do together. He has started riding our stationary bike at home lately because it helps him sleep, so hopefully that will stick....

On the hot yoga, I only went once, but I would definitely do it more often if it fit into my schedule better. I have a good friend/running buddy who swears by it.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    Amy - glad to read your Dad has started his treatments....fingers crossed! And, my husband and I don't really 'share' our fitness pursuits, either.We have pretty individual plans/styles....but, we do make sure that fitness is a priority and if he says, "I'm going for a work-out", I never strike that down, and vice versa (although I'm usually in the middle of my work-day when I work-out, so it has ZERO impact on him/family life).

Chloe - I've only ever been to Puerto Vallarta (which I love), so this really *is* a new adventure for us! We are staying at the RELAX Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort and Spa. 18+, so YAY no kids! And, it's off-the-beaten path, so no "night life" either. Just pure R & R.

Ris - I don't know too many spouses who work out "together"....and, I don't really want to work-out, at all, with my husband. We are both WAY too "competitive" and, given that he's 6'3" and I'm 5'9", I'd lose every battle, so that would make me VERY unhappy!

24 hours to cabo!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm out on the hot yoga...little town girl here doesn't have anything other than the typical yoga available. And that's only the YMCA classes. I'd be interested in actual yoga studio classes if those were available. As much as I'd like to enjoy it, yoga at home is a struggle not knowing if I"m moving through the poses correctly and getting the most out of the process. I dabble in at home yoga here and there but other than that the foam roller and the recovery work is my only experience with similar things!

Beeps- Enjoy yourself-it sounds like a great time for you to get a little break!!

Amy- So glad the first treatment went well. We will continue to send prayers.

Jen- Glad you survived day 2! I know that cutting down calories definitely leaves me hungry sometimes I wonder if it's because we spend so much time focusing on the right foods, at the right time, with the right meal planning that just the fact we 'think' about food so often - we end up hungry. Either way, I hear you and good job! Goodness knows you have some yummy sounding eats in that diary!

Ris- I hear you on the work out together sometimes with the old spouse! Every blue moon, hubby and I can make it to the gym for strength training together. Like 1x every 6 months and I do look forward to it. I don't know that we'd fair well go every day together!! But it's nice to get an idea of what he's up to when he's off to the gym and how he sets up his workouts. As well as getting his input. We definitely talk about what's going on with our own 'training'. Though in saying that I recognize it (as any spousal conversation) can have it's up and downs given that we each have our own opinions/approaches. At the same time though, we don't do much else outside of work and hang with the kids so if we don't want to talk about work stress or what the kids homework is- workout schedules is about what is left! *kidding, kidding*

I've been rotating AM and PM workouts, just to fit the schedule and so far so good. I definitely feel better physically and mentally with the AM workouts. But with our schedules so up/down I'm just riding out the wave at this point. Hoping for another decent weigh in this week with the after holiday calorie drop so we'll see. Either way, as usual we will just keep move forward!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Beeps- Have a wonderful trip!!!!

Amy- Love and prayers for you and your family. My uncle has been getting chemo for awhile and I know it is an ugly beast. *HUGS*

Marissa- My hubby doesn't wok out with me. We might start bowling though :-)

Ashley - You are doing amazing!

Chloe and Jenn keep up the good eats!

I got my Cathe DVDS!!!! I did Crossfire last night. It was so FUN and usually I LOATHE cardio DVDs! I've come up with a 12 week plan so I'm excited. If I finish my plan, I'm going to ask my hubby to buy me X-train for my B-day. When I came back to work Mon, I found two friends to do the warrior dash and they also want to do the color run and some other run. YEAH for 2013- It will be my year for fitness!!!!!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Mam- I think we were typing at the same time :-) I've decided to do 3 am work outs and 1 pm. This girl needs to sleep or I'll get burnt out again.

One of my Cathe DVDs is a Yoga DVD. I plan on doing that on Sundays.
  • amysj303
    Options
    kc, your 12-week plan and reward sound great!

Beeps, I think you are right about maybe not being good to work out with your spouse, but for us it does seem like more time away from each other because we are not even on the same workout schedule but we are both supportive of the other one taking the time and that is important I think.

I will workout tonight and skip tomorrow and Friday. I am checking diaries for ideas as I gear up for my super-DR-Feb beach break. I was only going to do 2 weeks but I think I should make it 4, I am not sure I could accomplish much in two weeks. Meal planning is key for me!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    It's good to hear from everyone. Hugs to you Amy.

So this week has been an interesting experiment indeed. I did the "fast", then I had a low day yesterday but ended up eating a little more than expected. Today I'm aiming for a low day, but not sure what dinner will bring as I have a late meeting. I am finding that I am not as hungry as I expected. I keep getting paranoid that I'm slowing my metabolism down, but I seriously doubt it. I haven't really been "working out". I did a little at home yoga and went for a walk with Eric and Daphne last night. Anyways, the scale loves me this week; I'm down another pound today for a grand totla of 4 pounds down since Monday morning. I know it all won't stick, but some should.

I love yoga. I wish I could do more. I have been practicing inconsistently for about 10 years. Most of that time I attended class weekly and got really good prior to pregnancy: like headstands, assisted Scorpian, full camel, etc. I'm very bendy. But once Daphne came along, I had a hard time spending family time doing yoga, so I've pretty much quit it. I figure once my kid(s) are grown and into their own thing, I can pick it back up. If time allows.

It;s interesting to see how active (or not) our significant others are. Sometimes I wish Eric would make fitness part of his life, but he really doesn't enjoy it. Not that he's a lazy couch potato; he's actually very motivated. He just doesn't have fun running, lifting weights, etc. He has belonged the a gym most of the times in our lives I have, but he was pretty sporadic about going. I'm going to show him a few things one of these days.....

Beeps, have fun! Everyone else, enjoy the rest of your week. We're halfway to the weekend!

Oh, still no booze for me. Today is day 9!
  • pjunge11
    Options
    Hi all!
    Wow, these threads can get away from you fast! I'm new to the group and site so I still feel a little overwhelmed by everything and not really knowing anyone. Hopefully that will change in the coming weeks!

My two-week challenge (great idea by the way):
    1. Start treadmilling again, even if I have to start at the beginning of my C25k program
    2. Find and develop a good lifting routine
    3. Combine the two into a regular habit/routine before Student teaching starts in two weeks.

Gah! Just thinking of this makes me anxious! I just need to get out there and do it while I have the time now and then keep doing it later.

Nice to meet you all,
    Paige
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    So my computer died last week and is in the shop - not looking good and then we lost the Internet at work so I have not been on in awhile and am way behind. We just got it up & running so I am quickly trying to get caught up on everyone's posts. I am doing okay with no booze and sweets and I am absolutely loving my MMA workouts - I am so sore! I am also adding another dance class to my modern & ballet. I am going back to my old tap class which is where I have the most experience. They moved the class from Tuesday to Thursday right after my ballet class so I do not need to make an extra trip. I am so excited - I really missed it. Anyways, I have not been able to log anything since I have no computer so I am just trying to be careful with my food choices for now. Hopefully I will either get mine fixed or buy a new one soon - yikes!

Better- I do not love yoga, but i try ot do it because it is so good for you

Beeps - have a blast!

Chloe - I hope your back is doing better

My hubby started a new job last spring with way less hours, closer to home & an on-site gym so he has finally had a chance to get back in shape. He does a lot of weight lifting and he started taking martial arts classes with my daughter last fall and has gotten really serious about it and trains 3 times a week so he is looking awesome now, plus it gives us something to talk about and work towards together. I have to say we are flying through the whey protein now though!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Amy – I am always hungry the day after lifting. I completed my diary last night with an evening snack, but I didn’t end up eating it because I was full after dinner. As for the swimsuits, when that right one comes, you know :wink:

Chloe – great news about the back, walking and food choices, yay!! Keep it up!

Ris – wow, 14 miles!?!? I don’t’ think I’ve gone passed 5 (if I even have gotten to 5 :huh:

Beeps – tomorrow morning!! Eeeek!! Have a blast! :bigsmile:

Mama – I think you are right about thinking about the food. Today, I wasn’t hungry at all! Glad you are able to make your workouts fit into your schedule and I agree, I prefer morning workouts!

KC – I’m not familiar with the DVDs you mentioned, can you expand, please? You will love the Warrior Dash!! We have a big group of us doing it this this year! I can’t wait!! I need to sign up for the color run, my son would like to do that. Go you with the races!! Sounds fun!

Better – congrats on the loss! And way to go on the booze :drinker: <--water! Last January I was successful in having a sober month and it was a one time experience :laugh:

Paige – Welcome!! Getting into a habit is the key!! Great goals, good luck!

Abigail - Sorry about the computer, that stinks :/ That’s great about the tap class though! And My husband and I fly through the whey protein too!!

Day number three has been great and I got in my second weight session tonight. I modified a lifting program for women from simplyshredded.com. Quite a bit modified because they have it as a split and I made it total body and tweaked it. My BFF has started lifting with me again and we have a set schedule, so we are holding ourselves accountable…I’m so glad she is back at it! Dinner was DELISH!! I made chicken masala, yum! Tomorrow is Puerto Rican- pork, rice and beans :love:

Over hump day ladies!! Woot!
  • amysj303
    Options
    mmm, jen, hope you have recipes for us?

I am trying to get my mind wrapped around a four week program (starting Jan 19). I am kind of contemplating the sexy female workout again. Mostly because I saw an old picture and think my tummy looked pretty good back then and that's what I was doing.
    This time maybe I could try the carb cycling. It would allow a high-carb day every 4th day, also every 4th day is a rest day, so the schedule is about what I have been doing.
    Welcome Paige!
    Abi, what kind of whey do you like? I need to get some more, I was thinking of looking for something new but maybe I should see if I could get some samples, hate to get a big tub and not love it.
    Ashley, I don't think you should worry about slowing down your metabolism, I think that is a myth. A lot of what I have been reading says that the strategy of lots of small meals and keeping blood sugar steady can encourage fat storage. That why the fasting helps relatively lean people get leaner.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Abi- glad you have your computer back!

Jen- I wish I had a lifting buddy! That would be such great motivation!

Amy- I buy Gold Standard Whey in the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor (that way I can mix it with whatever, usually my morning smoothy), I buy a big 10 lb bag off Amazon and it usually lasts us about 2 months

Better- I agree with Amy. I think it is all a myth too. I think if you ate like you are for like a year it may have that effect, but not for the time period you are working for

I had another good day yesterday. Also got it another 3 mile walk. The plan is the same for today. I am nervous about my class on Saturday for some reason, I think just because its somewhere I have never been and its been awhile since I have gone to any classes. I'll be happy to get there and be comfortable. The scale has not budged, but I am trying to not get discouraged.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    My official weight today is down 2 pounds. Yay! I actually went up a pound from yesterday, which is probably a good thing as I doubt I'd maintain the 3, but 2 pounds should be ok. NO workout last night; I had a night meeting and didn't get home till 7. Tonight I probably won't get a workout in either as I'm on baby duty as soon as I get home, but have plans to run with a friend Saturday. Next week (this weekend) I'll be bumping my calories up a bit so I'll start getting some workouts in.

Chloe, have you done hot yoga before? If not, a few suggestions. If you have, disregard. :smile: Make sure to take a big bottle of water, towel(s) (you'll want one to dry off with - hand towel - and one to put on your mat - large towl - if you don't have one of those terrycloth yoga mat/blanket things), and dress in as little as possible. I always wished I had a better midsection so I didn't feel like a fatty taking off my shirt. But I didn't..... Every first class (or few) I go to, I typically have to sit or lay down for a bit because I get so dizzy. Enjoy!

Still alcohol free! I've been sleeping much better. It's almost the weekend! I'm off tomorrow, so today is like my Friday. It's supposed to be 65 and sunny in KY tomorrow afternoon. One of my BFFs and our kids are going to the zoo. I'm way excited.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Better- Thanks for the recommendations, I have dont hot yoga before. I hear ya on taking off my shirt, I am normally comfortable with my midsection, but I have still got this 5 lbs hanging around from the holidays and that seems to be where it is sitting.

Although last night I had on some yoga pants when I was making dinner and my husband said my butt looked great (actually he used shapely) so maybe some weight is sitting there. And of course I yelled at him and said shapely is another word for fat! Normally I would have appreciated the comment, but not when I am feeling puffy like I have been this past month.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Chloe, a shapely butt is good! Look at all the people doing brazillian butt lift workouts! I'd like to see the extra five pounds I am carrying go to my butt and not my tummy, but if I'm lucky my boobs get a little;)
    Ashley, you are doing awesome on the no drinking. I have been doing ok. I didn't drink Sunday or Monday but then Tuesday I had a glass of red (by myself, bad!) so last night I didn't. I think I have been sleeping better too.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Yea that is what my husband says, but I have always had a bubble butt and I hate it!

I am feeling really good about this week. The scale hasn't moved much, but I feel like it was successful so far and I think I have a good plan to get me through the weekend as well. I will have some drinks tomorrow night, we are having people over for dinner. We are smoking a ham on the grill and I am going to make a new salad recipe I found. So I will be sure to load my plate up with the protein and salad and steer clear of the potatoes my friend is bringing.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Amy - I prefer the taste of Designer Whey, but it only has 18g protein, my hubby likes Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein which has 26g per scoop. The price is pretty decent as well.

Chloe - glad you are doing well

Better - congrats on the loss, that's awesome!

I am on wk 2 of Les Mills Combat DVD & still loving it. There is not much weight training to it, so I miss that a little. I can't really squeeze in anything extra in my schedule for now. I am doing okay without booze, but am really craving sweets.

Have a great weekend everyone!