2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am craving sweets too, Abigail! I keep finding a chocolate here and there! It fits into my macros, so I can't complain.

On the diet note, I have been over my 100g of protein everyday this week and succeeded my 45% carbs by keeping them under 40% YES!!!! My 1lb holiday weight gain is offically gone. :-) This weekend I need to make up last nights 20 min core workout from last night. I did the elliptical instead. 15 min before dinner, 25 minutes while it was in the oven.

Have a great weekend!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had to check your diary, too, KC, and it looks really good. Do you make a green smoothie? I haven't tried that.
    With those of you who use protein powder-do you blend it with ice? I remember thinking the last one I had tasted funny when put it in the blender but I am not sure why. The only way I can describe it is the sacharine taste, which I didn't taste when I just stirred it up with milk was really noticeable and gross when I blended it.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I blend mine with a cup of almond coconut milk, half a banana and ice almost every morning. I think it tastes good. But the only protein powder high in protein and low in carbs that I have found that I liked is that gold standard.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Amy- on the protein front, I don't blend mine with ice. I wish I could! I just have a JcPenney version of the Magic Bullet. It's enough to chop up spinach for a 'green smoothie' but not enough to handle ice. If I don't mix mine with Almond Milk, I have trouble choking them down. DH does it all the time but I can't handle it!

I'm chasing similar goals as KC mentioned. I have noticed that in an effort to decrease my calories after the holidays, I've allowed my protein to dip way down. So I cooked away all Sunday to try and avoid that pithole. Fingers crossed. I have also been struggling with just not wanting to workout. Last week I think I only got in 3 of the 6 I planned, if I recall correctly. Staying in bed to cuddle seemed more important. Then it was after work, and I had a bazillion excuses. I just need to move forward. I don't know if everyone's in the middle of their 2 week challenges but I need to lay out mine. :smile:
    1) Exercise 5 out of 7 days. (I'm not so worried about sticking to the schedule that I'm on. It was nice out, I got a couple good runs in this weekend and mentally it was a breath of fresh air! So I just want to mark of 5 days of good workouts)
    2) Keep protein around 100 atleast.
    3) Keep upping that water.
    4) Avoid sitting at work for prolonged periods. Things at work have been hectic (preaching to the choir right!?) and so I've spent a lot of hours typing, talking and just plain working sitting on my bottom. My goal is to do the work with out constantly sitting. Speakerphone, pacing, whatever...Just don't sit for ever!

i hope everyone's weekend was great. :flowerforyou:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. SOunds like you're all doing great! My biggest success is that I am still booze free. It was hard over the weekend and if i didn't have my husband to lean on, I'd have caved. It was gorgeous on Friday and I just wanted to sit on the deck and drink white wine. But I didn't. I ate okay over the weekend; not the best kinds of food, but didn't go over calories too bad. Saturday was cheat day and I was around 2000 calories, but I went for a 3.6 mile run earlier with my bestie.

And I am now excited to start my training next week. I went to my new PT on Friday morning and he was awesome. During my run, I felt a little better, but the big thing was that my PT gave me (easy) exercises to do to aleviate pain. In 6-8 visits he thinks he'll have me "better" and to a point where I know how to make myself better if I have future pain. So all good stuff. I felt really good running physcially and mentally. My workouts have kind of been in a slump laterly so the run has me energized! Although this week is a bit hectic, so I'm going to get whatever in whenever I can and then next week no excuses: 14 weeks mini marathon training!

Does anyone experience exercise induced asthma? When I workout (running or other intense cardio workouts) the thing that stops me (or makes me want to stop) about 90% of the time is breathing. I feel like I can't breath. I want to try some OTC stuff, but I looked over the weekend and a kit is about $55. Maybe I'll try to find some samples.

Let's make this week great ladies!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

My weekend was so so. I was good on Friday and Saturday, but I didn't log or exercise on Sunday. It was kind of a dreary day so my husband and I made some drinks and watched TV and movies all day. I'm sure I went over my calories, but the non-liquid calories were pretty healthy at least. But I'm recommitting myself to the no-booze January and I think that I have enough motivation to stick with it this time since we're TTC again. So here are my two week goals:

1. No booze (for real this time)
    2. Log every day
    3. Some sort of exercise every day, even if it's just walking
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Hey ladies!

My weekend was not too great. Friday I did good, just ate my planned dinner and had a half bottle of wine. Saturday I did the hot yoga class in the morning. I liked it and I did sign up for the month membership there. So for the next 4 weeks I will do their cycling class on Monday, Yoga on Wednesday, and Hot Yoga on Saturday. Then I plan on doing my treadmill 3 of the other days and then have one rest day. Saturday night we had guests over for dinner and I did good with eating, but drank a bit too much and had a hangover yesterday. So yesterday consisted of going to church, going to lunch, then lounging on the couch all day eating too many carbs and having a Mad Men marathon with my husband. Definitely feeling puffy today.

So my 2 week goals:

1) Get to the gym for my 3 classes each week
    2) 3 days on the treadmill (minimum of 3 miles)
    3) No booze Monday-Thursday at least and moderate on the weekend
    4) Stick to my planned menu for the week
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Sounds like we all had a so-so weekend. I went out with the girls Sat night. Unfortunately, I hardly ate on Sat because I got off of work late. Although I didn't drink a ton, I felt horrible yesterday. So like Chloe, I ate a lot and laid around watching movies. Oh we'll. I got an awesome workout this morning and my arms feel like jello! My daughter got sick this morning so I am catching up housework and plan on trying one of the core workouts later today. And maybe taking a nap. Oh and cooking for the week. Basically, I want to do everything I would normally do on a Sun.
    Better-glad the PT helped
    Chloe- have you tried cycling before? I want to try a class.
    Ris- I think your Sun sounds nice! Good luck this week on no booze! It has been really cold this week, but it is suppose to warm up later this week so I plan on running this weekend
    Mama- I know what you mean. I like having 1 night workout so I can sleep in. I struggle with weekend workouts. I think your food prep is awesome though!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    Almost forgot, yes, Amy. I love my green monsters. I add plain Greek yogurt for the protein because I don't like protein powder. I do one with peanut butter and one with mixed berries.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Sounds like we all had some couch time this weekend! Mine was Saturday, after the Broncos lost we watched Sons of Anarchy all night. I am starting to like it more, get into it. I think it helps that we stream it through the computer now, so I have subtitles, before it was like watching a silent film for me. I have some hearing trouble and streaming netflix doesn't allow you to subtitle, but through the computer you can! so anyway... we made some stir fry for dinner, but then it was beers and popcorn...
    Sunday we went to the movies DJango, it was good, but brutal/violent in the usual Tarantino way.
    I did not workout at all either, it was so cold! I should have gone to the gym but couldn't seem to make myself! I think I am giving myself a big pass since I am gearing up for a big 4 weeks of being strict starting Sunday.
    I think I will work out 4 times this week-sexy female training. Then Sunday I am going to fast to start the 4 week plan!
    Ashley, I do not have any exercise induced asthma, that sounds terrible! I am not very cardiovascularyly fit though...
    Reese, I know what you mean, I need to be prepared with the protein. I think I will grill some chicken breasts, or bake them so I can have something quickly. I am also going to make some turkey chili for lunches, and hard boiled eggs for snacks.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I didn't make any goals. Is it that time already?!

1. 1200 calories a day + exercise calories. One cheat day a week (Wednesday for me!)
    2. Get 4 workouts minimum in
    3. Do my PT exercises daily (I went for session 2 and have more now, so this actually is a small feat)
    4. No booze except Wednesday and Saturday - 2 concerts, 2 free passes
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Can't write much, my kiddo is sick (had doc appt, waited FOREVER for prescription) and I am frantically getting laundry put away for the week and do dishes from all of the food prep I've done!! So quick summary!

Logged Mon-Thurs and Sunday
    Exercise - did weights 3x and cardio 4x
    Alcohol limited to Fri night
    Scale down 1 lb :)

So overall, I would call my first week back a success! Looking to make this one even better! Keep it going ladies!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    My gosh this board is moving FAST. Also, I've been a bit remiss. So there's that!

I am getting back into the swing of cutting. I had a few bumps over the the weekend but ended with a healthy deficit and clear places to clean up my diet. I am trying to walk most everyday and reach 10,000 steps on my fitbit. I tends to think crossfit is no big deal which is good because although crossfit is intense it is only intense for a little while and I need to continue to move my body throughout the day in order to reach a solid TDEE. The first few lbs are coming off and I am back in the 140's though we all know it just gets harder from here!

I loved reading about everyone's significant others! My bf lifts a bit and tries to walk with me. He's not as consistent about fitness as I am and I am definitely the one in the relationship pushing him to exercise harder if not just by doing it myself. We're both trying to lose a little weight right now so it's good to be on the same page!

Sorry I can't respond to everyone individually. If I was better about posting that would be easier!

Off to foam roll before bed...2 reps of front squat every minute on the minute for 10 minutes at 90% 1RM (~125 for me) then a WOD with jump rope, 15 air squats, 12 deficit push ups-5 time. Needless to say after 100+ squats today I am going to be a little sore...

PS Non MFP related but the BF and I are getting a puppy Saturday! I am so excited!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Kate- Congrats on the puppy! That was so exciting when we got our Bella, its kinda like prep work for a kid I think, they take up a lot of time. And they also help promote exercise because they have tons of energy to burn. What kind are you getting?

Jen- Hopefully your baby feels better!

Better- I am sure you are soooo excited about your drinks tomorrow night!

So I did a spin class last night at this new gym and I loved it. It has been awhile since I have done a spin class. I thought I was going to be super sore because it was tough, but I am really not at all. I had a good day eating wise also. Going to do the treadmill tonight. I am thinking I might do the C25K program just to get back into running.

Also I just found out (Mike forgot to tell me) that we are invited to this formal fundraiser for the university I work for. His company buys a table every year and they invited us, we went last year also. Thankfully I already have a dress that I wore to a wedding last month that I am going to wear. But, I would love to get down about 5 lbs by then, the event is in 10 days. I think that is doable if I keep it together over the weekend.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Kate, Puppy! How fun. Good to see you back here. Looks like you've been busy!

Jen, hope your kiddo is feeling better!

Chloe, I have not been to spinning in years. Eric and I used to go weekly for about a year and then I just got burnt out. I would like to try a class again sometime; there is a spinning studio down the street from me. Good luck on the 5 pounds!

Amy, good luck on your upcoming weeks.

Everyone else, I hope you're well!

Yesterday was not great. I went straight from work to day care, then to pick up Eric, then to my bro-in-law's for dinner where I ate apple pie (and not even good applie pie, but store bought) that I shouldn't have had and didn't get home till almost 9. Needless to say, no workout. I have a PT appointment at 3 so it's an early work day for me. That will give me time to get a good hour long workout in and do some stuff around the house. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and not really sure what to expect. I've been doing okay with eating, but just ok. And not great working out. Tomorrow is like my Friday AND it's our night out. No baby, good dinner and DRINKS! and a concert. Should be a good time.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Ugh, another quick summary, both of my boys are home sick today!! I'm cloroxing and cleaning everything!! Didn't get to do weights last night because I left my tennis shoes at home :/ but I did do Zumba in my Ugg looking boots :laugh: It was better than nothing! So the plan is weights Tues, Thurs, Sat instead of Mon, Wed, Sat. I got this!!!

Hope you all are well!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    way to rock the uggs, Jen, and I should mention, even though this makes me look pretty dumb-I just realized your name was jen from omaha. Seriously, SMH, I thought it was Jen O. and you're a mom, haha, anyway... I hope you're boys get over the bug quickly, it's going around.
    aw, puppy, post pics, Kate!
    Chloe, that's exciting about the formal, I don't have anything formal in my near future, but I love dressing up and it gives me a goal too. We might have the polo thing again this summer, but I don't know.
    I did the day 1 of SF and I remember it well, I am kinda looking forward to it for the next few weeks.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Chloe--Great goals! I'm glad you like the hot yoga, I think it'll be a good addition to your routine. 5 pounds in 10 days is ambitious! Though just eating well over the weekend will probably make a big difference.

Kelly--nice job sticking with the morning workouts! I love it when my arms feel like jello and I know I got a good workout in.

Amy--We watched the Broncos on Saturday too and I thought of you. I feel for ya, I'm a Browns fan and we hate the Ravens for stealing our team (and we used to hate the Broncos too, but that's faded over the years).

Ashley--Great goals! Sounds like you have some fun times coming up. I'll bet you'll be surprised how much of an effect your drinks tomorrow will have on you after you haven't been drinking for a while. And on your question on exercise-induced asthma, I don't have it, but it doesn't sound fun. WebMD has some stuff on it, but it wasn’t terribly helpful.

Jen--Sorry to hear your kids are sick, but great job last week! And that's too funny about doing Zumba in your boots. I had to do weights in my work flats once and I was so self-conscious the whole time, but it's definitely better than nothing. And I did the same thing as Amy and didn't realize it was Jen from Omaha either. Amy, you're not alone!

Kate--Nice job with your cut so far! And that's exciting about your puppy! Walking him/her will definitely help you reach your 10,000 steps a day.

I had a good day yesterday. I walked outside at lunch, then ran 6 miles with a friend after work, then did weights in the gym in our building. I was surprised that my weight was a little up this morning, but I'm guessing it's still water weight from the weekend. I ate pretty well yesterday but I didn't drink much water. Today it's really gross outside so instead of walking outside like usual I did a few laps around our building. It wasn't terribly scenic but walking is walking, right? I'm meeting my friend to run after work again tonight, and I'm meeting another friend to run tomorrow morning, so I think I'll have a pretty good week overall, I just need to start psyching myself up to be good this weekend….
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Ha ha ha! You all are cracking me up. Amy and her "creative interpretation" of Jen's name. And working out in Uggs and flats. I literally LOL'd.

I'm off to PT. Enjoy the rest of the day!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Omg, Amy, I thought the same thing and only realized it when you said something. Wow.

Ashley - good luck at the PT!

Ris - It could also be water from weight training. That happens to me.

Jen - hope the kiddos recover soon!

Chloe - maybe try a cleanse or something? Get rid of that extra water!

And yeah, the puppy is exciting! I will post pictures :) We're getting a miniature Australian shepherd-they're a bit smaller than regular aussies but not too small and are very smart and playful. We've wanted one for a long time and since we're looking at a potential move this year with my grad school we thought this would be the perfect time to get it and train it. Plus, I think the commitment and effort is just the next step our relationship needs. We need something to dote on :)