2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! and good job on the dentist, Beeps.

I brought my makeup cuz I will go straight to dinner after working out so I'll need a touch up!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,991 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a "bust" calorie-wise. Right after the dentist, I felt like a "treat", since I'd been such a good girl - so I shoved an entire FIST-FULL of chocolate-covered almonds down my throat. Felt AWFUL for the next 3 hours. Had a healthy dinner and then proceeded to pop popcorn.

Added TONS of butter. Poured on the salt.

So, I'm sure when I go weigh today (one of my challenge weigh-in days is Friday), scale will be SKY-ROCKETING.

I'm soooooooooooooooo stupid sometimes!

Anyway, I broke my daily work-out streak, yesterday. Made it 6 days in a row. I start fresh today - will get my lifting in, which gives me a streak of "1".
  • amysj303
    Options
    Beeps, I don't think a fistful of almonds and some buttered popcorn should derail you but maybe you should wait til after the weigh-in!
    I had a good birthday dinner, I would have been at cals but then we got drinks after the two glasses of wine with dinner. I had vodka sodas. I feel a little bit hungover today... Scale was done 2.5 lbs since Monday, maybe the booze had a little whoosh effect.
    I am looking forward to the weekend! it is supposed to snow!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Beeps--you'll get your streak back! And I agree, with Amy, a fist full fo chocolate-covered almonds and some popcorn won't derail you, it's just a little setback. At least you snacked on foods that are somewhat healthy!

Amy--glad you had a good birthday dinner! And of all the boozy things you could drink to go over your calories, vodka sodas probably do the least amount of damage.

I skipped my workout this morning--too tired. I'm going to try to make it to the gym at lunch, you ladies have inspired me! Now that I've said I'm going to do it so I guess I have to, right?
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Went over on cals last night bc of wine and chocolate. But, I kept my dinner portion small and I feel good today, the scale is moving in the right direction and this is the first day I don't feel super puffy. I feel confident about this weekend because I have a solid plan. Tonight I will run on the treadmill and I will make the salmon and brussel sprouts I had planned for last night and no drinking tonight. Tomorrow morning I have spinning and hot yoga. Tomorrow night we are having people over for dinner. I am making some grilled chicken with a spicy mango salsa, black bean salad and lime cilantro rice. I will probably have drinks, I am thinking vodka and diet tonic, so pretty low cal. Sunday morning I am going to yoga, so that will also keep me from drinking too much Saturday night. Sunday I am going to make skinnytaste barbacoa pork recipe with a salad for dinner. We may go to lunch after church, but I will keep it light and healthy.

Amy glad to hear you had a nice birthday!

Beeps- I know this is "the pot calling the kettle black" but try not to beat yourself up about the almonds and popcorn and just get back to it today.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Your meal plans sound awesome, Chloe, and workouts to keep you on track too! I'd like a link to the barbacoa recipe, sounds yummy!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Here you go! It is good and super easy!

www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/barbacoa-beef.html
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Got in a lunchtime workout, and I think I'm a convert! I got in a 30 minute workout and a quick shower (didn't wash my hair), and was still back at my desk with 10 minutes to spare (not that anyone but me is counting). I'll definitely be doing that more often, with a 40 minute workout next time. It's amazing how much faster I get ready when my clothes are already picked out and I dont have a mess of beauty products to use.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    lol @ Ris....I remember the days when I:

a) showered after every work-out (morning work-outs);
    b) worried about matching underwear; and
    c) had perfectly applied make-up and well-done hair from morning-until-night.

Now, it's ALL about "getting my work-out in".

What happened to my "vanity"?? Oh yes, it's still there, which is WHY I'm trying to get my Jamie Eason body on....
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Well I just survived the Blizzard of 2013! We got about 18-20" but some places in the state got almost 30" Yikes! It stopped snowing a couple of hours ago and hubby shoveled off the stairs and walkway & cleaned off the cars and our plow guy came & cleared out our parking spots. My kids are outside with some of their cousins now sledding down the snow banks. The dog is hysterical trying to run through snow that is deeper than him, but he's having a blast. We haven't lost power so far, but the wind might pick up again tonight so it still may happen. Tim & the kids walked down to the local variety store yesterday and got a bunch of junk food and I am going to a baby shower for my sister tonight and a birthday party tomorrow so this weekend is kind of shot, what's new? I still got my workouts in though!

Beeps - I also have my vanity wrapped up in my body as well

Ris - glad the lunchtime workout is working for you, I don't actually take a lunch break, I just eat at my desk, but I only work three days a week and they aren't very long days so I get plenty of time at home to exercise as long as the kids and the dog don't drive me crazy!

Amy - glad your birthday went well

Chloe - good plan
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Abigail - glad to read you're in "dig-out" phase. It was quite interesting to watch the storm-development (on my tv screen).

LOVED Rhianna's dress last night at the Grammy's. And, Carrie Underwood's. Beyonce?? Lame. J-Lo?? Boring. (Especially her HAIR! Bore/snore)
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    I didn't even watch the Grammys and I forgot to DVR it. We got sucked in the Sons of Anarchy and watched like 5 episodes in a row. I am obsessed with that show!

I had an ok weekend. I did drink (probably too much). But, I didn't snack yesterday, which is usually my problem on lazy Sundays. We went to lunch and I got a salad and then had our skinnytaste barbacoa pork for dinner. Saturday night dinner was a huge success, everybody loved the meal. Key West chicken with mango salsa, black bean salad and a cilantro lime rice. That will definitely be a meal I am making again.
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Beeps--I have totally become much more vain about my body rather than all of the stuff that goes on it. With all that exercise, who has time for the rest of it!

Abigail--The blizzard sounds kinda fun (other than the shoveling part). Glad to hear you got your workouts in despite the snow!

Beeps--I missed the Grammy's too. Though all I really care about are the dresses anyways, and I totally agree with your assessment :laugh:

I had a pretty good weekend. I didn't drink and I ALMOST stayed within my calories each day, but my husband brought home two cupcakes on Saturday and I couldn't resist. So I was a little over on Saturday due to not leaving enough calories for cupcake #1 but eating it anyways, but I worked cupcake #2 into my calorie budget for Sunday. I got in some good weight training on Saturday and a 10 mile run on Sunday, so I'm pretty happy overall. But I've noticed that the more I refrain from drinking the more I tend to eat sugary stuff as a treat. My latest favorite is Greek frozen yogurt with peanut butter, and I'm definitely hooked. So I may need to do focus on my sugar intake on my next two-week challenge.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I was with you Chloe, SOA marathon (what season are you on?)-no Grammys. Saw some pics today too and I agree on Beyonce-a jumpsuit? lame. Rianna looked pretty.
    Abi, glad you survived the Nemo!

My weekend was mixed. I wish I had not drank (alone) saturday night, and made four chocolate chip cookies. I didn't log any of it.

I did fast til dinner on Sunday but still managed to put away 1200 calories between 5pm and 8pm! So I was kind of disappointed in myself.

Last week before DR and will try to get in 4 workouts and under cals but it will be hard, especially valentines day! And then I might have to try these lunchtime workouts because I have a spray tan Wed and Fri and not supposed to sweat after that...
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Yea I have just been looking at dresses from the Grammys online this morning.

Amy- we are almost done with Season 2
  • amysj303
    Options
    We are in season 4, I think, but I started to google it and knew I would get too much spoilers, that happens every time!
    The end of each season always gets good, last night I figured we were on episode 10 and it was a good cliff-hanger but I figure 11 would just be worse so saved it, maybe we can wrap up this season tonight...

and Ris, I think I do the same thing, if I don't drink I reward myself with a sugary treat. Not sure one is any better than the other, really...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I actually had one rum and diet coke last night - during Grammy's.

That is my *first* drink since returning from Mexico (heathen) vacation! It kind of tasted good, but kind of not. I still don't think I'm ready to start drinking, again. Although, I'm having supper out with gf's tomorrow and then V-Day supper with hubby on Wednesday.

So, I'm at least *thinking* about drinking, again....but, I'm kind of not wanting to do it!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    And....

I am SHORTER than I thought I was. I went to my annual physical, today, and the nurse measured me at 5'8". This is a FULL inch shorter than when i regularly practised bikram hot yoga (yes, it DOES STRETCH YOUR SPINE!).

So, this news SUCKS. I have to re-do ALL of my metrics. It means:

1. I need to weigh at LEAST 5 lbs less than I thought my "goal" number would be.
    2. I need to lose AT LEAST 0.5" more on my waist, to hit my Venus numbers.
    3. I need to lose nearly 0.5" more, on my HIPS, to hit my Venus numbers (oh lawd, getting my hip # to move, at all, is TORTURE! nevermind another half-inch....).

Gack.

And, frankly, my calories have been out for the last 18 months, since I've been calculating on a 5'9" frame, not 5'8".

*kitten*.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!

Beeps, wow, well the height thing! Huh, interesting!

Completely recovered from bronchitis and a sinus infection. Today was my first day back to weights in 2 weeks and it felt good! I had two huge Zumba events this past weekend that I coordinated, so that's why I was MIA.

But I'm back now and ready to continue. So much has happened! I saw a number on the scale Saturday, that I don't think I've seen since school started. Thursday, I told my principal I was not returning to school next year!! And the huge news is, my sister-in-law and I are making a fitness dvd!! We have a producer and music composer, set, props everything!! It's just happening so fast! I am so excited!!

Abigail - glad you are ok in your neck of the woods!!

Amy - I didn't log my late night yogurt, nutella, honey, almond and blueberry snack last night :tongue:

Ok, I have to go prep...I work 8-8 tomorrow because of Parent teacher conferences, bah!:grumble:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jenomaha - a fitness dvd??!?!?!??! THAT SOUNDS AWESOME! What will be the focus of the dvd? This sounds VERY EXCITING!

I'm going to have to write down a 2-week-challenge, because I'm struggling with some stuff:

1. keep to my alotted calories, with one mini-fast day per week (which, luck would have it, is today!)
    2. cut down on cardio if that scale moves up even one more time! I swear, I added more cardio in about 3 weeks ago and the scale isn't moving in the right direction. I'll drop that *kitten* faster than you can say, "huh?"
    3. drink water, drink green tea, more-and-more water (to make sure it isn't BLOAT that's affecting the scale) and drink green tea for appetite control.

The end.