2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Kate -congrats on Duke, good luck with moving, planning, etc,
    Ris - good luck with Sunday's race
    Amy - meal planning, there's an idea, I need to more of that!
    Beeps - that is a total bummer about the snow, it is finally getting nice out here and I've been out walking and running with the dog

Speaking of running, I am so out of shape! I haven't run since last fall and have lost all endurance. I have been doing walk/runs throughout the week. I am trying to leash train my dog so I can take him with me - both for safety for me & exercise for him. He's wild and he's driving me crazy - but we love him anyway. I am doing better with my eating habits, but it is hard as I am still craving sugar big time.

As far as the whole Venus hour glass thing, that is never going to be me. I have a total boy figure, straight up & down, flat chested, etc. However, I can't really complain as I am at the very low end of my weight range for my height and I wear a size 4. I am pretty happy about that, but would just like to be a little less squishy and more toned.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    I lifted!

I weighed!

I lost 0.5 lbs this week!

And now I am eating french fries and gravy....which is TERRIBLE, I know, but I haven't figured out (yet!), how to CELEBRATE without including some TERRIBLE CHEAT MEAL.

And, BOY IS IT YUMMY!

....and CHEAP!

Like 1/2 the price of my salad w/grilled chicken.

NO WONDER THERE'S AN OBESITY PROBLEM IN NORTH AMERICA!

(Crap food sells for cheap and good, healthy stuff is expensive!)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Abigail - my endurance is LAME. Total lameness. Now I cannot even get through my WEIGHT-TRAINING without taking even MORE "rest breaks" than are called for! I tell ya, I'm hitting the skids! Hitting the skids....

I will do 75 minutes of cardio, tomorrow, and I KNOW it'll KILL ME! But, I'll also have daughter with me, so I'll use her as an "excuse" when I am taking UBER-PLENTY water-breaks, rest-breaks, etc., lol....

PS - ANYBODY can be "venus"....if they WANT to! You don't want to....which is totally fine! (With a size 4 figure, no kidding, I wouldn't want to, either!)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    OMG - our CFO has been TERMINATED and today is HIS LAST DAY. You have NO idea what "GREAT NEWS" this is, for me. Thank you.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Beeps - I am thrilled for you!! More progress, closer to your goal, delicious and cheap reward meal and your EVIL BOSS is gone!!! It is a fabulous day for you!!! Woohoo!!! Congrats! As for your long bout of cardio tomorrow, good luck, lol!! You can do it!

Abigail - How exactly do you train your dog? Is there a system or just practice? My dog is terrible at jogging with me :/

Amy - congrats on maintaining!! I have to work as hard at maintaining as I do at cutting :/ Food prep is gonna take you a long way!! You got this!

That's all I can see. Hope everyone is doing well.

I was with my BFF all day and was so tempted to get cupcakes, lattes and frozen yogurt (although not bad, I'd top it with hot fudge :p) But, I kept my wits about me and didn't give in, phew! Then I was on the brink of caving tonight but looked up my motivation board on Pinterest and on the internet and found a "Willpower" poster and posted it to my Fit page to keep me straight and accountable! I ended up making homemade pizza and cauliflower breadsticks which was delish. Man, today has been a test of my willpower! But I keep telling myself, "Don't sacrifice what you think you want now for what you want most". So with that, I will be good and even with my sister and dad's bday brunch on Sunday, I have already planned to order a veggie/chicken egg white omelette and forego the buffet. I am SO DETERMINED!! I AM GONNA DO THIS!! (I have to keep telling myself!)

Ok, have a great weekend ladies!! Let's keep moving forward!
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Well this past week was much better for me. Good energy level and great workouts.
    My goal was: 8400 calories: attained: 8344.

My next week challenge: 9100 calories to support increased cardio
    Strength training: decrease to 3 x per week and increase cardio ( running (x2) martial fusion, kickboxing, bootcamp)

Have a great week everyone!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Abigail--Good luck with your leash training! It's probably a good way to ease back into running--until your dog gets the hang of it you'll probably have a lot of forced breaks as he gets distracted. I would love to have a puppy to run with!

Beeps--Great job on the loss! And you're right about crappy food selling for cheap…. I always like treating myself to clothes shopping to celebrate a loss--it doesn't undo any of my efforts and its good motivation to keep the weight changes going in the right direction! And that's big news about your CFO being terminated, hopefully that means your job will be a little more bearable going forward!

Jen--Amazing willpower! Your determination is inspiring!!!

Juliste--Great job on your calories for the week. Sounds like great goals for next week!

For our star challenge, I was under my net calorie goal by 530 calories. However, I think that I need to drop out of the challenge. Once again I am pregnant, and it looks like this one is going to stick! And while I intend to continue to exercise and log everything throughout the pregnancy, my competitive side can't resist the challenge of trying to get that platinum star, and I'm at the point now where I need to be more focused on hitting my calorie goal and maybe even going a little over rather than being under it.

I had a good weekend. I didn't do a traditional workout on Saturday but I spent a good chunk of the day gardening, and I was definitely sore on Sunday (not to mention a little dehydrated--I was a down a pound in the morning despite the fact that my weight had been exactly the same, to the 10th of a pound, for the previous 3 or 4 days). On Sunday I did a 10 mile race, and it was a lot slower than my usual pre-pregnancy time, but was about half a minute per mile faster than the one I did two weeks ago, so I was happy with that! I ate pretty well, other than indulging in a little bit of frozen yogurt and peanut butter, which is my weakness.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    PLEASE REPORT IN FOR STAR CHALLENGE - week of Mon, Apr 15 - Sun, Apr 21st.

I had a TOTAL BLOW-OUT at my games club on Saturday and, therefore, end up with only a "silver" star this week!

(I ate 10,483 calories....which isn't too bad, given my height, but it is NOT gonna get me the FAT LOSS THAT I WANT!)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    CONGRATS RISONTHERUN!!

That's very exciting news.

This week, technically, was the 4th week of the challenge.

But, I'm up for extending the challenge through to "end of May"....please let me know who would LIKE to be in the STAR CHALLENGE going forward!

(I agree that you preggers' people have it tough to figure out your calories.....no harm in enjoying your 9-month journey and then hopping right back into some sort of "challenge" - if you can stay awake at that point!)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Real quick check in - somehow i was still like 60 calories under this week- I was surprised. Thank you Beeps. I have had three (small) losses in a row and I think it is because I have logged everyday. To make my challenge goal next week, I need to lose 1.5 pounds! I am really going to try for 1 pound. I reall haven't been putting in much effort so maybe if I *actually* make healthy choices and get in a few workouts (like more than 3!) I can do it. I have a much better attitude this week.

RIS- I am ssooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beeps- that's not that bad. I bet you still have a loss this week!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Ris- Congrats again! You are doing way better than me with the staying within cals!

I had an ok weekend. I ended up with a terrible migraine Friday afternoon, that I think is finally gone now. So I did not workout Friday, which was kind of planned anyways. Saturday I had an awesome workout, I had a little relief from the headache that morning. And yesterday I had no workout. Eating overall for the weekend was pretty good except for Friday night I had a pretty big splurge.

I definitely got no star for this week. I'm going to stay in the challenge though. I feel like since my nausea is subsiding I will be able to keep my snacking under control. I did increase my cals a bit though for this coming week so I can quit feeling like I failed.

I went to the doc today and received an unexpected ultrasound which was kinda cool. Baby looks perfect and he said if the headaches don't stop in the next week or two he will prescribe something. But, he thinks they should go away as I am going into the second trimester.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Please continue to report in your "star" challenge results....as it stands, BOTH kclynch and Juliste are the WINNERs of this 4-week challenge - they BOTH got PLATINUM * EVERY SINGLE WEEK!!!

cHLOE - maybe you need to "up" your calories from where they are at, so that you can properly try and squeak in at that number - I have a feeling you simply aren't recognizing that your caloric needs WILL be HIGHER these next 6 months and it's "okay" to acknowledge that the calories SHOULD be higher!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I somehow ended up under last week too! I had 9994 calories. Each week I keep squeaking in without knowing it. I log all weekend, but never add everything up till I get to work on Monday. And I'm continuing in my own personal challenge for the next 3 weeks, so I'm in for that time.

I got a few good workouts in this week: some HIIT, some lifting (squatted my body weight 6x which I was pretty proud of), got a nice run in on Monday, some walking, but did some serious yard work and logged it, which I never do, but I was working hard, and had not time for anything else really, so I counted it. I plan to run a couple times this week and my mini is Saturday! So will probably lay off the lower body workouts this week and focus on my upper body a couple times and probably a round of HIIT. My eating was OK but we worked all day yesterday so I never had a real meal till dinner. We walked up to this neighborhood bar and I had a blue cheese burger with onion rings. I only ate half my burger but all my rings and most of my kid's crinkle fries. I don't know why I do that. Every time I feel like crap for the rest of the night into the next day when I eat bar food. I need to learn to eat something a little more sensible. I don't mind to splurge, but not when it makes me feel ill for 12 hours. So completed a mini fast. I guess I didn't eat for about 16 hours or so and actually wasn't starving for lunch today.

Sounds like you're all doing well. I have a million things to do during lunch so can't say hello to you each, but did want to say CONGRATS RIS! Have a great week ladies.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ris!! So exciting and I am so happy for you!!

Despite the willpower on Friday, Saturday morning (took son to IHOP and didn't eat) and dinner (our favorite chinese place, I didn't eat) I totally bombed Saturday night binging on carbs at home! And despite my good intentions and doing awesome at brunch Sunday, I crashed and burned at Joe's Crab Shack and at home yesterday. Despite all of that, I ended up 397 cals under. Total allowed is 8862 and I totaled 8465 but I am not proud :embarassed:

I'm gonna call it a metabolism reset and I will charge on with the challenge until the end of May, count me in!!

Gotta food prep, finish cleaning and head in to work to make up for snow days :grumble:

Let's make it a great week ladies!!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

Kelly--Nice job on staying under you calories! I have confidence that you'll have a great week!!

Chole--I've gotten really lucky, if I had had any nausea I definitely would have been swapping my veggies for carbs and would have had a much tougher time of it. That's great to hear that your nausea is subsiding, hopefully that means the headaches are on their way out the door too!

Ashley--Great job on the exercise last week! And bar food is so hard to resist, as much as you may regret it later. Good for you for only eating half the burger at least!

Jen--We all have our slip ups, but it sounds like you're on the right track again! Sometimes you need to give in a little here and there to make it easier to stay on track for the long term, and I have no doubt that you'll have a great week!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    wtf??

Both Better and jenomaha had BLOW-OUTS and STILL came under calories???

Holy smokes - I don't know how YOU LADIES DO THAT??? I had one (planned) splurge day, which was Saturday, and I STILL came out OVER calories - by like 400+.

Booooooooooooooooooo.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a fresh start, right? Weekends are hard.
    So much to catch up on! Firstly, most importantly, congrats, Ris, that is exciting, of course you should focus on growing a healthy baby, that's very exciting.
    Beeps, so happy about your boss!
    Jen, you make better choices than most, and what willpower, really, I am not sure I would be able to do the same in the face of those temptations. My weekend was a lot of splurging. Date night on Friday, where everything was reasonable, I think, because the portions were small, but we split wine and dessert.
    Saturday I worked out, just a pilates workout "on demand", and had a good breakfast (egg, bacon, toast) and lunch (chicken tortilla soup) and then sushi dinner and many beers.
    Sunday I had an apple and peanut butter toast, then jogged a few miles and got a massage. Dinner was Panda Express and popcorn watching Game of Thrones. I couldn't get motivated for meal planning or anything. I really need some motivation. Vegas is less than 5 weeks away...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I got my lifting in-and-done....it was a MAJOR SHOULDER DAY, today! Surprise!! My favourite....and, yep, there were also one-legged-get-ups and deadlifts, so my glutes were hammered (again), too!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Wait, the challenge can't end Beeps!!! I need accountability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    HERE ARE THE RESULTS FROM STAR CHALLENGE Mon, Apr 15 - Sun, Apr 21:

Date: report in on April 22.
    Handle of Participant Week 4

Beeps 2011 SILV *
    ChLoE 1130 NO*
    RisOnTheRun PLAT *
    kclynch PLAT *
    Better_Balance PLAT *
    abigail1977