2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Three things I almost always have - whey protein, eggs & egg whites, lowfat cottage cheese. I used to do a lot of non-fat Greek yogurt, but it's expensive and I can't eat it plain so the extra stuff in it was adding extra carbs & calories. Oh and of course coffee - gotta have my caffeine!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Sorry, jenomaha....not sure why but I didn't have you registered in the STAR challenge (but now I do - what is your weekly calorie alottment??)

I don't know what the 3 staples are....but, these are the 3 things I probably eat everyday, without fail:

1. coffee
    2. peanut butter (although this is a bedtime snack - so sometimes I skip it!)
    3. salad - usually with grilled chicken (although this sometimes gets skipped if I do a protein shake).
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    coffee, coffee, Fage 0% greek yogurt, spinach, coffee, chicken, bananas.

I LOVE my coffee. I miss the cream I use to put in it, but I still LOVE it!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Kate- Good luck on your grad school decisions!

Ris- I was never a fan of kettlebell workouts....or maybe I just took boring classes.

I had a good day yesterday I felt really good all day. It was one of those days where I was eating everything in sight though. But, even though my cals were high I do feel like overall I made pretty healthy choices, so that is a win I say! I also got in a good 2 miles on the treadmill with a big incline and did 30 min of my DVD. Tonight I will do the same on the treadmill and the second 30 min of the DVD.

I definitely can't keep my staples down to 3, but here they are:
    1) protein powder
    2) almond milk
    3) apples and bananas
    4) eggs
    5) stuff for salads (spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes)
    6) chicken
    7) yogurt
    8) almonds
    9) and since getting pregnant english muffins are a new must have
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Three things I almost always have - whey protein, eggs & egg whites, lowfat cottage cheese. I used to do a lot of non-fat Greek yogurt, but it's expensive and I can't eat it plain so the extra stuff in it was adding extra carbs & calories. Oh and of course coffee - gotta have my caffeine!

I buy the large tub of plain Kroger brand so it's not too expensive. Then I add sugar free preserves. I know artificial sweetener isn't supposed to be good for you, but I quit using it in my coffee and use Stevia instead. (Kelly I LOVE coffee too and am a total coffee snob; I make mine at home each morning b/c I think the stuff at work tastes like crap). Then I top my yogurt with about 1/4 cup of granola and viola! A yummy breakfast or snack!

I have 2 tubs of protein in my pantry, but I don't use them but maybe once or twice a week.

Kate, good to hear form you! Hope you figure your school situation out soon. So you'll be moving then huh? School full time?

I'm having a hungry day. I just ate lunch and could eat another one.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Beeps--I LOVE peanut butter, but I have to limit myself. I can eat it by the spoonful.

Chloe--I do a few traditional kettlebell exercises, but for the most part I just use it like you would use a dumbell or a barbell. I bought it mostly because I needed a heavier weight to use at home, and when I was a the store I couldn't find any dumbells heavier than 10 lbs (I have a 25 lb kettlebell). I usually watch TV when I do my workout, so that helps with the boredom factor.

Ashley--I'm the same boat. I just finished my lunch and I'm already ready for my afternoon snack. I'm trying to hold out until 3.

Kate--Duke's not too shabby as a backup if MIT doesn't work out, but good luck!

Got my walk in today, and I have running date with a friend tomorrow that I'm looking forward to. So far so good this week.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options

My Net is supposed to be 8862, My net for the week was 5893, for a deficit of 2969. (this will all increase eventually, I had extra classes and will the next two weeks, but after that should be back to normal).

Two week challenge:
    Eat at or under cals – check
    Weights 3x/wk – check
    Log on weekend – check
    Min 10 glasses water/day – check!! Yay!!

Beeps - Lol, it was right above your post for the star awards...maybe we posted at same time ;)

It is hard to think of just 3 foods! I thought of more as I read your lists!! That was fun!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I should have included chocolate-covered almonds on that list, lol....except I really only BINGE on them, maybe once every 2 weeks. The rest of the time, they just sit on my desk, gobbled down by the clients who come into my office....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hey, I know what's new??!!?? I signed my husband and I up for TRX for 8 weeks starting May 2.

He wanted to try it, I have tried it, and I thought - "let's just do it".

The classes are only 45 minutes long, so I'm trusting they won't interfere with the "real lifting" that I do (M/W/F - this is a Thurs eve class!).

Anyway, something fun for us to do together....it's definitely getting 'boring' around here....
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    This is great! Everything you all listed I pretty much eat on a weekly basis too. We are doing things right, ladies!!

Kate - Good luck with the school!! Keep us posted for sure!
    Ashley – I ate lunch and went straight for my afternoon snack :/
    Ris – I love kettlebells! They are a nice change up from the DBs!
    Beeps – I can’t but the yummy flavored nuts…I will eat the entire container in one sitting!! I just can’t buy them. Plain or slivered almonds, those I can control ;) And let us know how you like the TRX. I've done some stuff with it and it was a great workout. Especially nice you get to do it with the hubby.

Ok, that’s all I can see. I had a terrible day at work today. Started first thing and one thing after a another just kept happening. I just wanted to go home and drink. But I figured I had to teach class and that would make me happy, but then class sucked, well I sucked, so fail there! But I did not cave in, still cooked a good healthy meal and am in bed now for some quiet time. Feels good to be in control again. Really good! Have a good night ladies!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Beeps, chocolate covered almonds would not be able to sit on my desk. I can't keep anything "good" at work. I get bored and eat. This is why I only have unsalted almonds and dried apricots in my desk and cheese sticks and fruit in the fridge. And fun about TRX with your husband. I've enjoyed working out with mine.

Jen, sorry you had a sh+tty day. Good for you for not caving! Mine wasn't sh+tty, just busy which kind of put me in a mood. Eric has been building a fence in our backyard from the time he gets home from work till dark all week which means I am on baby duty. While I'm straightening up. And cooking. And packing lunch. And doing laundry. Thank God she's not walking yet. I DID reward myself with a drink last night. But not two, as I kind of had planned.

Ris, I do like kettelbells too. I have a video that came with mine (15lb) and it's pretty good.

I got in some HIIT right after work yesterday, a quick walk with the baby, and some strength this morning. I am getting good at pushups. I did all 4 rounds during HIIT yesterday boy style: 15-16 reps each. I have never been good at pushups so I AM gaining strength! Today was a little tougher after pressing 55(15), 65(8), 65(8), and 75 (3). All in all, I've been happy with my workouts this week. I wish I could get up earlier and spend a little more time lifting in the mornings. Today we had to cut our dips and pushups from 4 sets to 2. Tomorrow I may rest. My legs have been a bit tired and my mini is 10 days away!

Have a great day ladies!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yum Almonds! I agree with everyone that said I can only have the plain ones around or I will chow them all down in one day!

Beeps- I really enjoyed TRX when I was doing it at the gym. It works muscles I didn't even know I had! Plus it really works your core without really even realizing it.

I had a good day yesterday. Went over on cals again, but not as bad as Monday, and again it was all pretty healthy choices. Plus I did get in my planned workout. I am feeling really good this week, nausea is not bad at all, no headaches so far, and my energy seems to be up. You don't realize how good it feels to feel this good until you have a few weeks of feeling really crappy! Planning on having another great day today! Keep up the good work ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jen - I had a TERRIBLE day at work, yesterday, too.....I really have to find a new job. But, I've been to all the reputable companies in town, and nobody will hire me. So, I sit here. And wait. And hate my boss. And REALLY hate HIS boss. Good thing I like my clients and I like my work, because everything else about here, I HATE.

Thanks for the good words about "TRX" - i've done it twice, myself, with just my personal trainer. Am stoked!

I have a "new" deadline to aim for....I was aiming to be DONE my cut by "May 30". But, I now have a party to attend on May 26, so that's my "new" deadline. The scale has been broken, at the gym, for 2 weeks, now, so am not sure what I weigh. But, my wait measurement is only 1/2" from Venus, so that's good. (Probably means about 5 lbs to go....my waist seems to shrink 1" per 10 lbs of fat lost.)

I didn't measure my hips - they are the "problem" area. Last measurement (end of March), I still had 3" to lose there. It'll be my toughest "loss". My shoulders are AT Venus and are PERFECT! (Venus only takes 3 measurements - shoulders, natural waist and hips.)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Beeps, what kind of law do you practice? I always say that if I had to further my education, I'd go to law school and practice land law. I do lots of Planning and Zoning. I love and hate it equally.

Just curious, what are the Venus measurements? They strive for hourglass type shape, right?

OK, I need to get motivated. I have a lot to get done by end of day tomorrow, and then it's my Friday!!

Chloe, glad you're feeling better. I was fortunate enough to have very little bad pregnancy feelings. No sickness, I was tired, but not totally zonked, I didn't really swell, no headaches. But labor and delivery was a little rough. Seems like a fair trade.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I slept through mt alarm yesterday and didn't workout. I WAS proud of my eating, when I closed my diary. A few hours later, my husband broke out the last of my bday cake. I HAD to have some. Then I ate goldfish, for no reason. So, I woke up today at 5:00, excited for leg day. I got my coffee and started watching TV. I never worked out. I actually cried in the shower. I am so frustrated that I keep skipping workouts, especially when I was AWAKE! I started thinking about how next I would do better. Then I remembered it's only Wed. So I packed a healthy lunch and a healthy dinner (I have to work until 8 tonight!!!) I might as well do my best today.:smile:

Ashley- good job with one drink. My hubby has worked late the past two nights so i've been single mommy too. Oh, and I ONLY drink fresh ground coffee. I like this local pinon brand that I can sometimes find at Costco. Or I'll buy Starbucks. I hate supporting starbucks, but it is good.

Beeps- I'm sorry your job isn't going so well. I recently discovered chocolate almonds. LOVE them.Thye have really helped with my afternoon sweet tooth.

Jen- Sorry you had a bad day. I think you are AMAZING for choosing workouts over drinking.

Chloe- glad you are feeling better. I hope it stays that way!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yeah, jen is amazing....last night, I chose drinking! (Mind you, I only had 2 x light rum and diet cokes, but still....)

Better - yes, VI creates the "hourglass" shape....here's how you get your measurements:

WHR = Waist to hip ratio (0.65-0.75) (I think it is 1.42 x your waist”)
    S2W or SWR = Shoulder to waist ratio , or the golden ratio of 1.618
    W2H = Waist to height ratio (38.2%)

I have a chart, so if you tell me how tall you are, I can tell you what YOUR venus metrics are supposed to be!

kclynch - THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!! (so, there's no crying here, either....you are DOING IT. Just tell yourself, "I'm going to DO IT" and you will!!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I could achieve Venus measurements but can you tell me? I am 5'4"!

Jen and Beeps, I hope today is a better day at work! I have been busy too with new projects and Denver has been having spring snowstorms and I have just been hibernating. Not working out, and wanting comfort foods so I try to log everything and stay at maintenance and just listen to my body, I guess.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Awww...Kellly. Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm glad you picked it back up and made good choices! We all slip. It happens. We live in an area of probably no less than 10 coffee shops in a 3 mile radius. We walk to one at least once a weekend, usually twice. I buy my beans from them, grind them, and press them every weekday. I. LOVE. COFFEE.

Beeps, I'm 5'2". I am positive I am nowhere close as my waist is not small, but I am curious. I don't even know my shoulder measurement. Thanks for calculating because my head was spinning with all your equations.....

Amy, the cold makes me want to hibernate too. On the flip side, warm makes me want to get out. It was near 80 yesterday in Lousiville.

I've got to add something to my lunch next week. I'm still hungry after my sweet potato with chicken, cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'll give you the "waist" measurement - use the calculations (I wrote about, above) to figure out your hips and shoulders:

Height Range Ideal Weight Waist
    5’1” 99-128 lbs 115 lbs 23.25”
    5’2” 101 – 131 lbs 118 lbs 23.75”
    5’3” 104 – 133 lbs 120 lbs 24.0”
    5’4” 108 – 139 lbs 125 lbs 24.5”
    5’5” 113 – 144 lbs 130 lbs 24.75”
    5’6” 118 – 149 lbs 135 lbs 25.25”
    5’7” 122 – 155 lbs 140 lbs 25.5”
    5’8” 127 – 160 lbs 145 lbs 25.98”
    5’9” 129 – 163 lbs 148 lbs 26.25”
    5’10” 134 – 168 lbs 153 lbs 26.75”
    5’11” 139 – 173 lbs 158 lbs 27.0”
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    PS - I am BELOW my "ideal" weight, for my height, which really just means that, because my WAIST measurement hasn't come in, yet, I'll be on the "lower" end of the "range" for weight to get to my venus metrics. (This is "normal" for someone who is short-waisted and long-legged - DARN-IT!)