2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Abi- Definitely let me know what you think of the Les Mills Pump program. I used to take it at my old gym years ago and I loved it. I wondered how the at home program would be.

Kate- Welcome back! Sounds like you have a great game plan to get back into it!

I wanted to add in my 2 week goals as well:

1) Now that the nausea seems to be going down, I really want to focus on eating healthier foods and limiting sugar.
    2) Stay under my net calorie goal
    3) Up my water intake
    4) Keep up with my workouts
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    I'm recording all these PLATINUM results, ladies! (and bronzes, too....)

AWESOME JOB ON THE STAR CHALLENGE!

My 2 week goals:

1. keep calories to alotted weekly calories;
    2. lift 3 x per week; and
    3. fit in some LIGHT cardio (to make sure I don't boost my appetite AT ALL).
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Where did Mamareese go? She hasn't been on this thread, but has been active on the boards. And yes, I saw her rockin abs and then they were gone and now SHE is gone! :sad: I hope everything is ok.

I'm going to keep it short. My weekend was OK. Ris, like you, I ran a 10 miler Saturday and didn't even try to log all the food (rueben with curly fries) and drinks (bottles of wine over the course of the day) I had. I tend to overcompensate when I have a huge burn like that. I need to stop. My race went well. I was 2 seconds off my PR! Had I known, I would have beat it! Oh well. A 12 miler planned for this weekend, then I rest up for the mini wihich is at the end of the month. Then I'll reassess and see what I want to do. But think I'll stick with strength 3x a week and a couple runs up till vacation. Maybe add some intervals in.

My calorie report: I actually misreported last week I think. I was filing out my spreadsheet and realized I had 9402 last week and 9965 this. I think I was 10,100 if I remember correctly.

I'm feeling a little fluffy today from the weekend, but hope to get back on track and hopefully see a loss on the scale this week. If not, I need to reasses my calorie goals. I'm going to make Jen's detox tea tonight. Planned on it yesterday but ended up having kind of a busy day and ran out of time. Have a great week ladies!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I've been looking back through my food diaries, exercise logs, etc. to see if I can see any patterns at my lower weights. I didn't really see anything glaring, but I do think I've been slacking on my protein. While I'm not sure my body NEEDS 100g of protein a day, if I try to hit that, I am less likely to eat salty carbs and candy because I need to eat Greek yogurt, etc. to hit my macro goal. It's been a while since that's been a priority so I am going to give that a shot.

1. Hit my weekly calorie goal
    2. 100g protein daily minimum
    3. long run, short run, 3 lifts
    4. Hit my drinks goals (or actually do not exceed it)
    5. Don't sabatoge my weekend just because I had a huge burn
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my week started out terrific; high energy levels; good HIIT, Martial fusion, Bootcamp and weight training. It all well apart on Friday as I developed a chest cold with all the bells and whistle. It peeved me off, but there is one thing I learned is not to push my body and so I was in bed the whole weekend. I think I'm good to go starting tomorrow night. Yay!

My weekly calorie goal: 9800 consumed: 8528.
    My next two weeks challenge:
    - 9800 calories per week
    - Increase my running to 4 times per week (am before work) snow is almost gone..

Have a great week!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Just need Ris and Alex to report in and I can give the STAR challenge results!

How come mama, who was SO active on here, wouldn't come HERE to show-off abs??!!!???

wth??
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Chloe – healthy attitude! Yes, just focus on better. But great job getting in workouts and staying overall active!! And hey, chest measurements up, that’s a good thing, lol!!

KC – If you are happier when you work out, then you should definitely make it happen!! You are a priority as well and you deserve “you time”! Get it girl! ;)

Kate – Welcome back!! Glad your trip was great. Wow, choosing a grad school is a big decision indeed!! Good luck ! Sounds like a manageable plan to get back on track. You are a pro, you got this!

Abigail – Hey, under your cals for the week, great job! That’s why I like weekly totals. I need to find the thread for the challenge and get in on it! Yes, let us k now about Les Mills. I’m considering getinf certified to teach it.

Ashley – Great job on the run! It’s so easy sometimes to overcompensate when you burn/exercise so much. This is something I am working on…not eating all of my calories back. Your goals look solid and I think upping the protein will definitely help! And yes, the detox tea…oh how I love it!

Beeps – I am the opposite of you! Cardio makes me less hungry and weights makes me famished…the day after!! What are the rules for the challenge? I’ve been a good girl, I want in, lol!!!

Welcome new ladies!!

So far so good here. Gonna stick to my plan:
    1. 1266 cals
    2. 3 weightlifting sessions
    3. Log on the weekend!!
    Let’s go girls…keep it!!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Jen- Just let Beeps know what your net weekly goal is to get into the competition. Then there are different star levels depending on if you stay under or go over by a little bit or alot.

I'm still bummed about Mamareese! Ladies do not go anywhere without saying goodbye first!!! You are my support group :tongue:

I had a rough day yesterday. A huge headache that I have had since Saturday seemed to get worst yesterday. Plus I had a business lunch out and they gave us complimentary dessert. I got a pasta dish that was actually not very good at all so I really didn't eat much of it, just had some bread and my salad and the dessert of course. Then when I got home my head was hurting so bad that I just relaxed, so no workout for me. I think I am feeling a bit better today, so hopefully I can get on the treadmill and do some of my DVD.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jen - Chloe's got the 'challenge' right....just let me know how many (net) calories you are giving yourself for ONE WEEK. And then, the scoring is pretty simple:

1. If you eat your weekly calories - you get a GOLD STAR.
    2. If you eat BELOW your weekly calories - you get a PLATINUM STAR.
    3. If you eat 1 - 500 OVER your weekly calories - you get a SILVER STAR.
    4. If you eat 501 - 1,000 OVER your weekly calories - you get a BRONZE STAR.
    5. 1,001+ - you get NO STAR.

COME ON AND JOIN!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I agree with Chloe - before deleting your account and flouncing off, just check-in here and say "good-bye"! We have built a pretty awesome little community here, and it seems like a nice idea to just tell us you're leaving before you race away!

Headaches during pregnancy, Chloe??? I don't ever remember such a thing! My goodness, I hope you have a better day, today.

On one of our other boards, we are doing a "question of the day", just to help us get to know each other a bit better. Maybe that's a good idea, here??!!??

So, the question of the day over there is: what is your favourite lifting move, and why? (For you "runners" here, perhaps just tell us what your favourite length of run is, and why.)
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Yea my friend who is about to pop any day said she had headaches real bad throughout her first trimester and then they just ended. So I am hoping that is my case because then I just have a couple weeks left. Otherwise it may be allergy/sinus in which case I am screwed bc there is not much I can take for that.

To answer the question of the day I would say my favorite lifting move is a bent over row, I just like the muscles that is works, I love having a nice toned back! I could answer the running question too, my favorite mileage to run is an 10K or about 6 miles. I feel that is a good run because its not too long that I have to worry about saving up too much for the end so I can work on speed a bit.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    favorite lifting move - shoulder press, probably because my shoulders tend to be my best feature :)

favorite running distance - about 3 1/2 miles because it takes about 30 minutes which is my boredom threshold for running
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Good day yesterday. Our run was alittle short as Eric is still recovering from the 10 miler, but running on a lovely day with my family...what more could I ask for? I ate reasonably well and had a couple cocktails while watching the Cards bring home the title! Woot! I only had 2 vodka and Crystal Lights. That is good for me. THEN....this morning I did alittle work from home (needed to speak out loud/time myself....not conducive to my work environment) but before I did, I did a quick 20 minute HIIT session and it felt great. I may switch on of our strength days out for some HIIT, maybe just do a little longer session and throw a couple quick strength moves in. I really wish we were morning people and could get up early, but we love sleeping.

As for the question: I like to squat (especially now that I have my rack!) and upright row. I'm with Abi, I sort of like my shoulders. As for running, I really a 2-3 mile girl. I like the long runs, but just have to really plan them to make time. And I prefer hills over slight inclines any day.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Oh and I like the daily (biweekly?) question.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm partial to anything "shoulder", too. My shoulders, for sure, are my BEST feature!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I never picked a new 2 week challenge, but my plan for the week is to get in good workouts M-W, walk during lunch on Thursday and Friday (real workouts will be tough because I have to go to work early and have things after work), and try to be a little under my calories during the week because it will likely be tough to stay within my calories over the weekend. My parents are coming to visit, which means that we will be doing a lot of walking but I won't really have time for any actual workouts and we will probably eat out a good amount. I got a decent workout in last night and a good run this morning. The cherry blossoms are blooming so I ran through a neighborhood that has a bunch of them and it was so pretty! I'm going to do weights after work tomorrow.

My favorite lifting move is probably bicep curls--for some reason the movement just feel really good to me. For running distance, I probably have to go with the 5k. I generally race longer distances, but when I'm in shape I'm a lot more competitive in the 5k and sometimes I can even place in my age group in small races (generally in remote locations).
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Cherry blossoms????????

Ugh, we still have 2 - 3 feet of SNOW to melt. I hate it here right now.

GO SMELL THOSE CHERRY BLOSSOMS and blow me a little kiss when you do!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have not caught up on posts yet. I took my sister to the airport, she got to Chicago and got stuck there instead of here where we have a spring storm! Hopefully they get her home to Rochester NY tonight, but too bad she has to hangout at the airport in Chicago!
    I am entering/logging all and I am prepared for my calories, averaging 1200 per week but trying to cycle, but I am not prepared for exercise so I am going to take it easy today, I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and fighting with the SO so I am just trying not to drown my sorrows in red wine and chocolate, but I did log for 8 oz of wine and 2 hershey's special dark minis.
    I missed all of you, and totally missed the AWOL mamareese!
    I hope she comes back...
    My two week challenge is to average 1200 cals per day. That's all right now.
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lift I like doing the most is Romanian deadlifts and adding different variations (to OHP, snatch, etc). This is a big time saver as you can work mutiple muscle groups.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    So I have a feeling I am going to be a disappointment to you all this week. I have not been able to workout for the last 2 days and therefore have been over my cals. These headaches are just ridiculous. I do not have one right now, so I am hoping it stays away for today and I can get in a workout tonight to make up for some of this weeks damage so far. Everyone keeps telling me once I hit the second trimester I will miraculously feel better, I really hope that is the case! I am almost there!