2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Beeps! Feel better!

Chloe - I had days I was starving and days I was normal. Don't get too hung up on calories. I logged pretty the whole time, but didn't sweat it if I was over. The most important thing is to listen to your body. Feed the baby! :wink: Besides, think of all the calories you're saving not drinking!

Jen - Glad your weight came off. Water weight is insane! That's why I always wait till Thursday to weigh. Otherwise, I'd be depressed most Mondays.

Kelly - Awesome on the bathing suit! I tried on mine last summer and the bottoms were baggy. It was the strangest thing. I'm looking forward to getting a new bikini for my trip. :smile:

Alright...back to work. I'm seriously struggling this week! Everyone is on spring break and I wish I was too! I've also been working 4 day weeks for the last 5 weeks instead of a 3 and a 4 and it makes such a difference! I may go back to the 3/4 split in a couple weeks. I loved those 3 day work weeks......
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Chloe - she's right, you're kind of in survival mode now and sometimes you've got to give in to those cravings. I am convinced that all of my eating is what kept the bad morning sickness away when I was pregnant. Even though you can't always keep the calories low it is a good idea to keep up with the exercise. That was a huge help for me.

Beeps - hope you feel better soon, being sick just sucks!

KC - enjoy your run, I still haven't gone yet, it's still really cold & windy here

Jen - good news about the loss, yay!

As for me, eating is back under control, exercise now needs to be taken up a notch!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    My run was windy and I felt like I was going slow. Plus, the field was flooded and so the other coach showed up erly so we could set up on another field so it was shorter than expected. Oh well. This weekend I plan to go again and use one of the apps on my phone to better gage the distance.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    sorry, just spending time with my sister this week, we have been eating and drinking, I don't want to get on the scale! She got on my scale and said it was 6 pounds heavier than hers at home but I think it is water weight on her because that happens when I travel and I don't think my scale is that off!
    But we went thrift store shopping and I was pretty happy with how things are fitting even if I am fluffier than I would like!
    I am planning on stocking the detox tea ingrediants when she goes home and really buckling down for the weeks leading up to Vegas!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    I barely slept at all....fever was RAGING last night! But, I took some tylenol this morning (why didn't I just get up in the middle of the night and take some?????) and it helped. A lot!

Made it to my breakfast meeting. Was boring. I have a luncheon, as well. I look like death warmed over, but I do feel better being out-and-about.

If I can get some rest, tonight, I'm going back to the gym, tomorrow. Doesn't have to be any killer work-out....even a light weight day will help push this thing along, I figure.

If the fever stays away, I can muster along. But, when it's raging, I'm just catatonic.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Man Beeps! I hope this things kicks soon.....
    Amy, I bought a digital scale that measure to the 0.1 pound about 3 years ago. I sold that b*tch on Craigslist b/c it was weighing me 2-3 pounds heavier than my "old" scale that I've had since college.

Speaking of scales....I gained my half pound back. I'm pretty dissapointed about it. What I want to do is go strong on 6 week 6 pack for the next 5 weeks so I can maybe make my 4 pound loss. But what I feel obligated (and quite frankly am enjoying) to do is to continue with my strength training now that my husband is on board. Maybe I'll add in a treadmill run or some HIIT one morning/afternoon a week in addition to our 3 days of strength, short run, and my long run. Speaking of, Eric, Daphne and I did 3.2 yesterday. It was nice haaving someone to hand the stroller off too. :smile: I just feel like I'm not "sweating" enough......

I will be doing 6W6P after Destin, before Bonnaroo. For now, I guess I'll continue to train. I think my arms are looking better, but my stupid stomach just looks FAT. I probably should cut back my carbs a bit. Maybe next week I will. Whose carb cycling?

I;m off tomorrow and heading out to do work errands and then to pick up my kiddo. Have a great weekend ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    How fast can I down a diet coke so that:

a) my tummy feels REALLY FULL; and
    b) I won't make dumb food choices??

Bets?? Anyone??

(I'm under calories quite a bit this week, given how sick I've been - and I want to step on the scale tomorrow and see some AWESOME number....but, if I start shoveling food into my gullet, like I want to right now, this WHOLE SICK THING will have been an UBER-waste!)
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm way behind so I'm not even going to try to catch up with everyone, but as for what I can see:

Beeps--feel better soon! I wouldn't worry too much about the scale, just get better! Though a loss would be a nice consolation for what your body's been putting you through.

Ashley--that sucks about getting your half pound back, but nice work on getting your arms to look at! And if you're enjoying your strength training then I'm all for that! And I'm sure you'll start sweating on your runs soon enough once it gets warmer out.

Amy--glad you're having fun with your sister!

Kelly--at least you got a run in! I wouldn't worry too much about pace yet, I'd suggest just working on getting into a routine and building up your distance. I find when I give myself permission to run at an easy pace I'm less likely to make up an excuse not to run. I use the "map my run" app for measuring distance and pace (so you know what you're working with when you do start pushing the pace) and it works pretty well.

As for me, it's been a pretty good week. I've been pretty close to my goal calories every day and I got in some pretty good workouts every day except yesteray, when I just walked (my body needed an easy day). I'm hoping to go swimming at the gym tomorrow, and I have a 10 mile race on Sunday, so I should be good on exercise, though I have a party to go to tomorrow and a post-race brunch on Sunday so I'll need to be careful that I don't go overboard.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Amy- Hope you are having a great time with your sis!

Beeps- Feel better soon!

Ris- Good luck on your run!

I have been having a good week. I have gotten in all of my planned workouts so far. I cut back on the diet coke, which was a goal of mine this week and honestly I feel so much better without it. Instead I have been drinking unsweetened Iced Tea for my caffeine. Still having more sweets than I would like, but oh well. As long as I get in my workouts and stay on track through the weekend. I should be under my cal goal and get a star this week! I will feel very good about that! Tonight I am thinking some time on the treadmill and some of my Pregnancy Project DVD. I have been craving pizza and caesar salad all week. Which is weird bc I never really liked caeser salads. But, that is what we are going to have for dinner tonight, so I need to work it off before. I have a lot to do tomorrow and we are having people over Sunday to smoke a ham on the grill which should be delicious and the weather is supposed to be pretty good this weekend.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    So good that you're having "good" weeks, Ris and Chloe!!

I think I've turned the corner....still not sleeping that great, but the cold has moved into my sinuses - my nose is running like a *kitten* and my eyes won't stop watering.

My throat feels much better.

I'm going for a work-out at lunch and will just take it as it comes. I also am jumping on the scale!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Abigail- great job on the eating! One thing at a time, you'll get there :wink:

KC – Hope you got your run in!

Amy – Hope you have had fun with your sister. I am so jealous you are going to Vegas…I love it there! Also, I’m glad clothes are fitting good even if you feel fluffier :happy:

Ashley – my stomach is my biggest problem area right now too, so I can commiserate :ohwell: But it sounds like you have a plan of attack!! I’ve tried to carb cycle before but was never able to really follow too well. I just kinda stayed lower during the week and went higher on Fri and Sat if needed (planned for events/dinners, etc.)

Beeps – If I recall, you had a loss on the scale, woot! Hope by now the nose has stopped running and you are breathing like you’re supposed to! Way to soldier through it :flowerforyou:

Ris – Good luck with the race tomorrow! Sounds like an eventful weekend! Hope you enjoy it and stay successful with your goals as well.

Chloe – I am just so inspired that you are doing so good tracking/exercising during this pregnancy! I hope it continues to go well!

I’ve had a great week. Weights twice and of course cardio is never an issue. But eating has been good and I am right back into the routine. The total as of yesterday morning, the scale was down exactly 10 lbs from Monday! I kid you not…126.8 on Monday, 116.8 yesterday…I’m baffled :/ I do love my detox tea though. Ultimately, I'd like to be at 110, with bodyfat under 20%.

:D Plan for next week, food prep tomorrow, weights 3 times and continue logging.

Hope everyone else is well!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Oh and where did Mamareese go?!?! She changed her profile pic to show her rockin' abs, and then deactivated her account! :frown:
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I feel a little bit awkward joining in but, I thought that it would help!

This week I've been feeling like a blimp, especially since I've had non-stop chocolate cravings and I've felt starving most of the week. I'm not quite sure what's wrong with me, but I'm kind of taking it as things go. University has been keeping me busy but I'll be free in 5 weeks! Woot! I got a new, more accurate scale and it moved me from 135 lbs to 138 lbs. :/ I've been hovering around 138-140 lbs all week, and I just feel like I can't make the weight budge. But, I re-measured my waist and I dropped .25 inches so I'm at 26.75 inches instead of 27 like last week, so hopefully that's progress!

Is anyone else just ridiculously tired this week? I took a 3 hour half-nap today (laying down with the eyes closed but not really sleeping). I've been exhausted!

Peeps, I'm glad you're feeling better!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Chloe--glad to hear that you had a good week! Craving ceaser salad is definitely a good thing!

Beeps--so glad that you're feeling better!

Jen--great week! Wow, your detox tea (along with your awesome diet and exercise routine obviously) is amazing!

Wassergottin--welcome! It's always great to see a new face. I've definitely notice that the more sugar I eat, the more blimp-like I feel. I don't know if there's a "real" explanation for it, but it seems to make me bloated. My two-week goal was to limit my sugary stuff to no more than 100 calories a day, and I noticed that I dropped a few pounds of water weight once I started that.

I had fun weekend, but was over on my calories. I did great on the exercise (got in a nice long ride on our bike downstairs on Saturday and did a 10 miler on Sunday, plus a lot of walking after the 10 miler), but I overcompensated on the food. I was over on Saturday, which I expected to be given that I wanted to carb up a bit for the race on Sunday, but then I ate back most of my race calories at brunch on Sunday and didn't leave as much of a deficit as I was hoping. So I was over my net calories for the week by 264 calories. I need a plan for this week, but don’t really have one. It's supposed to be beautiful so hopefully that will inspire me to run outside a couple of days this week, but I don't really have any specific exercise plans with other people for the week or this coming weekend. I think I'll just need to be really careful about not overeating because I don't think I'll be able to create much wiggle room with exercise.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yes, mamareese!! THAT is who has been "missing" on here!!

I didn't see the avatar with her abs....and didn't realize until jen's post that she is GONE!

:(
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Don't forget to report in for the "star" challenge. I had 10,000 calories this past week. That means "silver" star.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I just saw Jen's post about Mamareese!!! I wonder what happened?

Well I had an ok weekend. I ended up taking a rest day on Friday, which has been a habit lately, so I am thinking that will be my rest day if I need it. Saturday and Sunday I got in good walks each day on the treadmill with a good incline and then I did my Pregnancy Project DVD. Eating was ok. I made the mistake of buying a bag of Twizzlers at the store, so I kept snacking on those all weekend.

For the star challenge I ended up 624 calories over my net goal. Better than last week, but still not great. I am just going to keep working on getting better. Scale was up this morning and I all of a sudden feel like my belly popped a little bit. Did my measurements this morning and hips and legs are still the same, chest and waist are up a bit.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I was 797 UNDER. I only lost a pound. And that pound was TOM bloat. I need to workout! I'm always happier with my body when I workout.

I saw mama's awesome abs but didn't realize she was deactivated. Bummer.

I'm on springbreak this week so this may be my only check in this week. I hope you all do amazing this week!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Ah! Just as I was coming back, I wonder why she left?? I hope all is okay.

Hello everyone! I think if I tried to catch up I would be here all morning reading :)

Life has been crazy. Europe was great. I still haven't decided on a grad school (need to commit by April 15th! Yikes). Health has been...not my first priority. But it's time to change that. Just this weekend I was thinking about how much better I feel when I am on top of my eating and want to get back there for summer. So goals for the next two weeks...I am going to start with the easier things then work back into cleaning up my diet (especially since i have more work travel...wah wah).

1. Log everyday and finish the days, even if I'm not proud of all the food I ate
    2. Use common sense and listen to my body on food but don't stress about sugar levels/macros too much yet
    3. Crossfit 5 times a week, walk 15 miles a week.

Missed you ladies!!!!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Calorie goal - 12,600 / Total calories - 12,471

I was way over yesterday as usual, Sunday family dinner being my cheat meal however I had some low days during the week so I guess it evened out. Although I have kept my calorie totals down I have not been eating all the right foods so that is the next thing to work on - increase protein and keep away from sugar (the bad kind, not like what's in fruit) and of course keeping up with the exercise routine. I just ordered Les Mills Pump so I can't wait for that to come in. I need to do more strength, but I have to do it from home so hopefully this will help. Has anyone else tried it? I'd like to know your thoughts. Thanks!