2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ugh I was all ready to come on here and say that despite my splurges at the beginning of the week I was back on track, then my coworkers invited me out to lunch and I went out rather than eating the lunch I brought and it's thrown off my whole day. I ate more than I was planning (I had prelogged the day and had about 600 calories left for dinner, now I only have 300), I skipped the lunchtime walk I had planned to take, and lunch took longer than usual so I was late for a conference call that I forgot about :grumble: So not a good day so far. In theory I can work out when I get home but my husband is going to want to hang out and watch a movie or something so I probably won't. Maybe I can get him to walk with me....

Welcome back Kate!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Ris, I think you can do this;) life happens and having 300 for dinner isn't terrible. Try to workout and a movie is calorie-free!
    I think my husband and I will grill and watch the Office (we have the finale and the week before) and I think we have a netflix too, My Idiot Brother.
    I am on track today but need to get my workout, decided to try crossfit, Kate:)
    And wow, on the deadlift, Kate, I am so impressed!
    I found a crossfit gym between my house and the office and they have good workout times for me-5pm and 6pm, so I think I will check out an elements class tonight and do a 3-month membership for Warrior Dash training. I think I could do 3-4 days per week if I plan it right.
    Chloe, I am thinking of getting a dog and I think I would have to commit to a morning run/walk too. Maybe after my husband leaves the 9-5 we could have enough time for a dog.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,991 Member
    Options
    Wow, chuisle - that deadlift weight is OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD. Nice! (It's like DOUBLE mine, just as an "fyi".)

I'm TOTALLY gonna drink on my rest week! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! It's been FAR too long since I ingested some RUM. Maybe even tonight....my brother's visiting with his family for the weekend....yep, probably tonight!

I weighed in a full lb up from last week - WHATEVAH!! (Because, I kept TIGHT control this week, got all my work-outs in, drank all my water, blah, blah, blah.)

Even on a rest week, my weight usually goes DOWN because the inflammation/water retention from weight-lifting all disappears....
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Ris you can totally do damage control. If you do workout this weekend, add 10 minutes to each workout and just try and be careful with the food!

Kate - awesome goals.

asjerven - Crossfit was one of my favorite workouts, it just got too expensive for me to do that and the gym. I miss it though! Also, having a dog really makes you more active. I walk about 30-45 daily (sometimes more) and run outside more than I ever did before.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Star challenge check-in: Goal - 12,600 Total - 13,725 so no star for me again. Aah!

I really need to do better at this. The exercise piece is going well, but I do need to get a handle on my eating habits.

Beeps - enjoy the rum!

asjerven - having a dog is a great motivator for getting outside and moving. The weather here has been amazing and I have taken my dog out for a long walk everyday for weeks now. I gave up running with him since he is so bad on the leash for now. If he gets better I will try again.

Weighing in on the caffeine thing - not only do I love the taste of my coffee the caffeine helps me to wake up in the morning, gives me energy & is a great appetite suppressant. I only drink it in the morning though because if I have it too late in the day I will never get to sleep at night.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies. Star challenge check-in for me: Goal: 9100 Total: 9465.

Didn't lose a single pound this week, which frustrates me because I was back in the gym. Always seems to happen, back in the gym=hungry all the time=no loss. But I'll keep on keepin on, perhaps actually getting and tracking my measurements which I feel like I've been saying I will do for weeks.

I also need to be better about getting exact measurements/food types for what I log as it's affecting my weight loss goals. I need to stop just guessing and finding similar things to track. This will be a challenge for sure!

Abigail - eating is the hardest for me, especially on the weekends. I tried to hold my workout calories over for the weekend and just ended up eating them during the week anyway. You'll get there!

Have a great day ladies!
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Hi ladies! How was everyone's weekend?

Mine ended up being pretty good. I got off two stops earlier on my way home from work on Friday so I got in a little bit of a walk and managed to keep my calories pretty close to my goal. On Saturday I got in a 6.6 mile run plus about 4 miles of walking (between the gym and the spot where I met one friend to run then between the gym and where I met another friend for lunch), and I ate pretty reasonably, so I was under my calories for the day. Yesterday we went to a horse race (Ashley, I thought of you!) and I was snacking all day so I didn't track my calories, but I ate pretty reasonably--I did have some potato salad but it was mostly fruit and veggies.

This coming weekend I'm going to my parents' lake house, which means lots of eating but also lots of exercise (I usually spend a good amount of time running, biking, swimming, and kayaking when I'm there). So I'm going to be good about logging during the week but I'll probably take a break over the weekend and just make sure that I get in some good workouts.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I clocked 9706, which is over the 9100 goal but I still did exceptionally well. I did crossfit, it was a tough workout. I am trying to decide whether to do it, mostly because of the cost, it is pricey! I think it would be good for my Warrior Dash training but I also know I could do the workouts on my own, but it I don't really push myself the same way. I have Vegas this weekend and I think I will take this week to think about it...

This week I got organics delivery, meal plan, breakfast for the week and plan to work out a bit every night. got all the sports bras washed:tongue:

Here's a question, do you wash them after every workout? I do but I couldn't find a clean one on Friday so I pulled one out of the laundry. I thought we were jumping rope and I wanted my best one:embarassed:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! I missed you all! I caught up on the thread riding back from FL Friday but don't have nearly enough time to respond to you all, but I know how you've all been doing!

FL was nice. Exhausting, but nice. First real vacation with a kiddo and was much different. Instead of sleeping till 10 and spending 4 hours lounging in the sun, I was up before 6am CST (1 hour ahead of us) every other morning and only spent a couple hours in the sun, half relaxing, half watching/entertaining my kiddo. But it was worth it to see her reaction to the pool, sand, ocean, her cousins, etc. So fun. Anyways, drank WAY too much and ate whatever I felt like. I don't tend to splurge on big meals, just booze and cheese/crackers/hummus/dips type food. The scale was up a bit the 2 week prior to my trip, but based on weighing in day of vacation start, I am up only 1.5 pounds today (and yesterday). Albeit, that weight was the highest it's been in a couple months. But there will be virtually no drinking for the next 24 days so that will help A LOT! I did manage one 2.5 mile run with my sister, totally hungover on mothers day. And we walked teh beach 40 minutes the next day. And that was it. Whatevs.

I'd like to say I started the week with a bang, but I had a couple shortbread cookies at a morning meeting (breakfast) and my Monday pizza lunch, which isn't terrible, but not a sweet potato with baked chicken. I've got my workouts planned and meals prepped for the week, so I'm ready to get really going tomorrow. Also considering a juice fast maybe Thursday this week to just get "hungry" again. I swear I haven't been hungry in a week and a half. I'm also going to switch up my strength routine starting this week so that should be good.

All in all, a nice break. I overindulged, but it definintely could have been worse. Hope you all have a great week. I'm still challenging my sister for the next 3.5 weeks so I'm still in for the star challenge, same goal.
  • RisOnTheRun
    Options
    Welcome back Ashely! Sounds like a nice trip.

Amy--on your question, it depends how much I sweat. If I just lift or if I run when its cold out I don't get all that sweaty, so I'll re-wear my sports bras sometimes. As long as it's not smelly I figure no one but me will ever know, and I don't like to wash my althletic gear more than I have to as it makes it wear out faster.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome trip Ashley!

Amy, I have to wear two sports bras, so I'll alternate them. (The one on top day one will go on bottom day two etc). I am with Ris on this one though, if I just lift no need to wash. My skin is a little sensitive though, so I can't usually re-wear with out a mini breakout happening.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I cannot get it together! I was scared to get on the scale this morning. :sad:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No * for me this week....I didn't even bother to log Saturday or Sunday or Monday (long weekend) - my brother and his family descended on my house and with a 1- year old and a 3- year old, it was BEDLAM.

enough said.

I'm done with the "star challenge" for now - anybody else can easily take over.

HERE'S THE STAR CHALLENGE REPORT FOR monday, May 13 - Sunday, May 19:

Date: report in on May 20, 2013.
    Handle of Participant Week 8

Beeps 2011 NO*
    ChLoE 1130
    kclynch
    Better_Balance
    abigail1977 NO*
    Juliste
    jenomaha
    aliciadalicia
    asjerven BRZE*
    chuisle
    ramalem SILV*
    Dinah2
  • amysj303
    Options
    thanks, Beeps!
    I won't be logging in Vegas I am sure!

Last night I did a jog around the lake and got my first mile in under 10 minutes, for the first time! That was nice.

I was hungry even with all that I had for dinner, though, I was sort of hoping the scale would have better news for me this morning, but oh well. I am going to get a dark spray tan, that should take off a few pounds:bigsmile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Amy! Have fun in Vegas!

Beeps, thanks for your service as our star giver outer. :flowerforyou:

Scale was down to 130 this morning. 1.5 pounds of water weight gone. I'm taking my "official" starting weight Thursday for my short 3 week challenge with my sister. I ran last night, lifted this morning and it feels good to be back. Had a PR in squatting this morning: 140. My form was ok, but I was not getting low enough. Probably an indication I need to stay there for a bit. Tomorrow I'm off work so will get at least one, maybe two workouts in. Tonight I have a public hearing. I predict I won't be home till at least 11, possibly 12. Ugh. Hope you all have a great day!
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Can i join? im just starting to come out of my binging- so i would like to have 2 weeks binge free! it will have to start tomorrow as i did a 'semi- binge' today- ate half a 200g packet of alesto brazil nuts! oh well it could have been worse knowing me!

sooo... also my weight has crept up over the last 2 months, but for now i just want to get my eating habits sorted!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome Lross!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm going to roll the thread over
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    so we can all post at the *new* chat thread!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    2-week-challenge = what are YOU going to do to make the next 2 weeks work FOR YOU??