What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The Iceman (WW II Navy book 5) by P.T. Deutermann was very good.

Now I am reading a Kindle Unlimited western selection, The Chuckwagon Trail by William W. Johnstone with J.A. Johnstone.
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    The Blue Sky by Galsan Tschinag
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Finally finished Boys from Biloxi - 3.5* rounded up because I usually like John Grisham more than I did this book. Part of it might have been my recent reading slump, but most of it was I just didn't connect with the characters. Did manage to leave a short review since I won it on Goodreads.

Now reading a silly little book - The Vampire Knitting Club. I started it just to have something to do while sitting in the salon having my hair colored. It's entertaining so far - a nice little mental floss after all the gangsters.
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    Family of Liars (We Were Liars #0) by E. Lockhart

Glad to see your comments on Family of Liars. I actually read We Were Liars not long before this one came out. It's been sitting on my TBR pile because I didn't want it to take away from a book that I really enjoyed.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2)
    by Leigh Bardugo
  • FitMary202
    Options
    The Memory Police by Yoko Ogawa
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    The Lost Apothecary - Sarah Penner
  • FitMary202
    Options
    The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    FitMary202 wrote: »
    The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma

I loved it, but it was tragic, full of dramatically tragic moments. An Orchestra of Minorities by that same author was the same way, I loved them both. Some people find it depressing.

I'm reading A River Runs Through It and Other Stories by Norman Maclean. I will pause when I get to the "other stories" because my hold on Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard came in today at the library and I only get 2 weeks on that one.
  • FitMary202
    Options
    The Fishermen is so well written that it's heartbreaking....
    I'll need something "light" next. Hope The Bangalore Dectective Club by Harini Nagendra fits that bill.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Star Wars: Bloodline by Claudia Gray
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Is it possible to have too many books going at one time? I've started The Dickens Boy by Thomas Keneally.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    I like to keep only one at a time. Some people watch many television shows concurrently so I guess it might be similar?

I'm reading A Hill of Bean (Chuckwagon Trail Western book 3) by William W. Johnstone with J.A. Johnstone.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,997 Member
    Options
    I also prefer sticking to a single book at a time, while my daughter has at MINIMUM five books going at once.

I'm re-reading The Martian by Andy Weir (for the fifth time).
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    The Fifth Column - Andrew Gross
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Well my eyes were dilated at my exam today so I am listening to an audiobook, I can't read very well. I am looking forward to that dilation going away. My new glasses came in and are great!

I'm listening to The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Guns of the Dawn by Adrian Tchaikovsky
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    Once and Future Witches - Alix E Harrow
  • FitMary202
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    I also prefer sticking to a single book at a time, while my daughter has at MINIMUM five books going at once.

I'm re-reading The Martian by Andy Weir (for the fifth time).

I'm with your daughter. For some reason, I have to have several going at once.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Morning Star (Red Rising book 3) by Pierce Brown