Stage 2

Options

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    wesll crap... I've responded 2 x and both posts just disappeared! LOL

Em... I too find this Stage really challenging. I did B this morning and can I just say I REALLY hate split leg exercises!!! Yes, I know they are extremely effective but honestly, after being away for so long, I am back to body weight and having a tough time with balance on the step/box! And the 1 pt row is just as difficult. My trainer said don't bend over quite so far, hold your core and butt musles tight and just keep at it.

BUT... I love the challenge and I gotta tell you, it feels so good to get back into this routine! I didn't do the HIIT today, I just didn't have time. I'll get up early tomorrow and either bike or use the elliptical.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    For the dumbbell row, I have terrible balance so I lightly rest my foot on the step every once in a while.

I forgot the cable wood chop last week. Tried it today and loved it! Could totally feel my obliques working.

I agree with others....this stage seems to get my heart rate up more than last stage. Definitely need that 75 second rest!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    did my second full B workout yesterday. Is it just me tat finds A and B are completely mis-matched? A takes my about 40mins and B about 75mins tht HIIT is a real killer too lol.

I am starting to get the hang of all the moves now - I only fall over a couple of times per set:) and at east I can walk today, which is an improvement to last week:)

I reckon legs too:) I can start to see some muscles appearing on my arms/shoulders - there's probably some hiding underneath the the flab of my tummy

its going to be a two workout week again this week as I have family visiting all weekend for my birthday. This stage is gonna take a while, but I will definitey be better for it. Hoefully back to 3 x week next week....
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Supposed to do 2B today but just can't seem to find the time! With it being dark in the mornings my body just rebels and I do not like getting up at 6.30, so overslept this morning and if I don't get my workout in before work, I just don't seem to have a chance to do it. So frustrating! I only ever manage to do 2x a week but this week is looking like it might just be the one. Bother!! Bother and double bother.

Oh and I have totally given up on the FSPP. It hurts my wrists too much. I asked the PTI to go through it with me to make sure I was doing it right and apparently I am but still it hurts, so on tuesday I broke it down and did a normal back squat set and straight after I did an overhead press. Means I can increase the weights more, and save my wrists.
  • livlovra
    Options
    Update - I refused to be beaten by the clock today so dashed to the gym with 45 mins to get changed do work out and get home. Basically I just didn't take all the 75s breaks, when I was puffing I let myself have 60s but kept it pretty swift between sets and actually feel pretty good. Increased on everything. Didn't do the HIIT but will do an 8km run tomorrow so don't feel too bad.
  • jsextrasmooth
    jsextrasmooth Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    livlovra - way to go and THANK YOU!!! I was undecided whether to go to the gym tonight as I too was up against it and by the time I'd eaten dinner it was already late but didn't want to go tomorrow and miss Friday night beers :tongue: I saw your last post and it gave me the kick I needed to get there :drinker:

First B workout done. The reverse lunge with forward reach took some practice to get right, but is challenging too which is good, the prone cobra however is sooo boring, that minute feels like an eternity!!

I came home and did the HIIT on the rowing machine, chose to do 25s/m as resting stroke, then upped to 30 for 1st interval, 32, 33 etc. Next time will up the damper setting and go from there.

Will enjoy my Friday night beers tomorrow, then 2nd A WO on Saturday :bigsmile:
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Supposed to do 2B today but just can't seem to find the time! With it being dark in the mornings my body just rebels and I do not like getting up at 6.30, so overslept this morning and if I don't get my workout in before work, I just don't seem to have a chance to do it. So frustrating! I only ever manage to do 2x a week but this week is looking like it might just be the one. Bother!! Bother and double bother.

Oh and I have totally given up on the FSPP. It hurts my wrists too much. I asked the PTI to go through it with me to make sure I was doing it right and apparently I am but still it hurts, so on tuesday I broke it down and did a normal back squat set and straight after I did an overhead press. Means I can increase the weights more, and save my wrists.

Yeah...I should have given on the FSPP too. I'm just not built to do front squats with the bar so close to my neck. It made me want to puke. (I have a scar there that has a weird reaction to having a weight set on it...) I ended up not increasing the weights at all in order to keep it as a whole exercise. :ohwell:
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Yeah...I should have given on the FSPP too. I'm just not built to do front squats with the bar so close to my neck. It made me want to puke. (I have a scar there that has a weird reaction to having a weight set on it...) I ended up not increasing the weights at all in order to keep it as a whole exercise. :ohwell:

I feel the same way with FSSP. I increased last time from 45 (the bar) to 50, but it seems to hit the collar of my shirt in a way that my shirt rubs my collar bone. The skin was red and raw afterward. I don't like that. I'm hoping I figure this exercise out before the end of Stage 2.

2/B tonight. I love it! I think I like it better than 2/A.

No. I know I do. :)
  • livlovra
    Options
    livlovra - way to go and THANK YOU!!! I was undecided whether to go to the gym tonight as I too was up against it and by the time I'd eaten dinner it was already late but didn't want to go tomorrow and miss Friday night beers :tongue: I saw your last post and it gave me the kick I needed to get there :drinker:

First B workout done. The reverse lunge with forward reach took some practice to get right, but is challenging too which is good, the prone cobra however is sooo boring, that minute feels like an eternity!!

I came home and did the HIIT on the rowing machine, chose to do 25s/m as resting stroke, then upped to 30 for 1st interval, 32, 33 etc. Next time will up the damper setting and go from there.

Will enjoy my Friday night beers tomorrow, then 2nd A WO on Saturday :bigsmile:

Glad I helped motivate you. Being on here and seeing everyone else making the effort really makes me want to do it to. Unfortunately I can only lift twice a week. After christmas I am going to try and change things around and lift three times, but I have committed to a race 23rd Dec so we are training for that, but as soon as that is over... I am just loving the lifting and finally feel like my body is responding how it should.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like the feeling of walking out of a gym at 7:30am and you are *finished* working out for the day. Consider that your incentive for getting to the gym early!:happy: It certainly is a feeling of accomplishment!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Just saying hi on the new thread, I'm starting stage 2 after thanksgiving. I'm a little nervous about the FSPP, especially after reading some previous posts. I think I'm going to start with low weight and concentrate on form. I don't want to hurt myself :)
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first 2B workout. I sort of hated it. I like the A workouts much better. Question about bulgarian split squats: did anyone else's back foot (the one resting on the bench) feel weird? It was like I didn't know what to do with it and I kept tweaking it on the bench or something. I figure I must have done something wrong!

I like the FSPP! Maybe I'm the only one. I started with a super low weight to focus on form, but on wed I'll be upping it!
  • suelegal
    Options
    finsihed my 2nd 2B workout and emgel, yes! It's so differnt than the static lunge, even though you'd think it would be about the same! I'm still working with a trainer mainly because I want to keep my form strong. My poor left hammy is bothering, so I didn't increase any of the split leg stuff today but I did bump up the WGD up to 55. Felt good to have some weight on. I also bumped up the underhand grip lat pull down. I feel it now too!!! The others were the same. Next time I'm changing the flxion, I'm doing to stand and hold dbs Hope the hamstring has loosened up enough that I can increase weights for all the split squats too. Oh and I'm not a huge fan of that prone Cuban snatch. I feel like my range of motion should be better!

I work out at 5 and am finished an home by 6:30 at the latest and you're right CanGirl, there is no better feeling to me either!!!
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Just finished my first 2B workout. I sort of hated it. I like the A workouts much better. Question about bulgarian split squats: did anyone else's back foot (the one resting on the bench) feel weird? It was like I didn't know what to do with it and I kept tweaking it on the bench or something. I figure I must have done something wrong!

I like the FSPP! Maybe I'm the only one. I started with a super low weight to focus on form, but on wed I'll be upping it!

I prefer 2B! But yes...my foot feels funny and hurts a little b/c I use a step my husband made me out of wood, and the edge is a little sharp. I may have to ask him to sand and round the edges. :)
  • jsextrasmooth
    Options
    Did my 2nd A workout today. I'm with AprilRenewed and prefer workout B to workout A.
    Did the FSPP much better today with the oly bar, but my wrists were definitely aching when I'd finished. Will try to put a little bit of weight on the bar for my next workout.

Struggled with the lunges on my right leg only. The inside tendon on the back of my right knee wasn't very happy with me when doing these, although I do have an old injury from skiing. It hasn't been 100% for the past week but I'm hoping it'll sort itself out with the high does omega 3 supplement I'm taking. I also have a visit to the Doc on Thurs so will mention it.

Does anyone normally wear othortics in their shoes for over pronation? I've worn them for the last 6 years but I'm finding the orthotics are beginning to hurt the arches of my feet due to the pressure I'm putting them, but didn't want to stop using them for fear of going over on my ankle or damaging my feet or something... again will need to discuss with the doc on Thurs I think.

On the plus side I can now do 8 pushups on the floor woohoo! I can get to 10 but the last 2 aren't pretty at all lol
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    Today was an A workout day, but I decided to do the HIIT today since the B workout is already so long. And I did it before I started lifting because I knew there was no way I'd have the energy at the end.

Does it matter? I assume Allwyn's workouts are structured the way they are for a reason, but this one really doesn't make sense to me.

jsextrasmooth - I also had trouble with the lunges on my right leg. No injuries so not sure what's up with that. Congrats on your 8 good pushups!! I'm so jealous - I had just worked up to doing a couple on the floor with good form then had wrist surgery. My goal is to be back to the floor by Christmas.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Maybe you need to step out a little further? I'm not sure. But I have noticed when my stance wasn't wide enough that my lifted foot felt kind of awkward. I like this move, I can really feel it!
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    I think I did FSPP or whatever better today. LOL,. I think I finally got the hang of it...AND I impressed my husband! He was joking around about being in his prime (he's 38) and said, "Hey, I can lift 20 lbs above my head!" I said, "I can lift 50." And he didn't believe me. I showed him a mock version of the move, and he said, "50 lbs. You can do that?" I said "Yup!" And he said, "That's impressive!"
  • suelegal
    Options
    Did my 2nd A workout today. I'm with AprilRenewed and prefer workout B to workout A.
    Did the FSPP much better today with the oly bar, but my wrists were definitely aching when I'd finished. Will try to put a little bit of weight on the bar for my next workout.

Struggled with the lunges on my right leg only. The inside tendon on the back of my right knee wasn't very happy with me when doing these, although I do have an old injury from skiing. It hasn't been 100% for the past week but I'm hoping it'll sort itself out with the high does omega 3 supplement I'm taking. I also have a visit to the Doc on Thurs so will mention it.

Does anyone normally wear othortics in their shoes for over pronation? I've worn them for the last 6 years but I'm finding the orthotics are beginning to hurt the arches of my feet due to the pressure I'm putting them, but didn't want to stop using them for fear of going over on my ankle or damaging my feet or something... again will need to discuss with the doc on Thurs I think.

On the plus side I can now do 8 pushups on the floor woohoo! I can get to 10 but the last 2 aren't pretty at all lol

On the topic of shoes, my trainer suggests converse sneakers. Why? Cuz they are flat and the sole is not squishy. I did some reading and seems many others agree with him. I bought some today. More on Wednesday when I do my 3rd A. Oh yea, my trainer is also pressing me to do 3 sets. I've already decided that I'm going to do 5 repeats so I think I'll add the 3rd set for #4 and 5.
  • jsextrasmooth
    Options
    On the topic of shoes, my trainer suggests converse sneakers. Why? Cuz they are flat and the sole is not squishy. I did some reading and seems many others agree with him. I bought some today. More on Wednesday when I do my 3rd A. Oh yea, my trainer is also pressing me to do 3 sets. I've already decided that I'm going to do 5 repeats so I think I'll add the 3rd set for #4 and 5.

I have some puma speed cats that I use as driving shoes on track days. I'll give them a try tomorrow :smile: