Stage 2

Options

Replies

• glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Finally feel like I have got the fspp down! Still a bit sore on the wrists but have sorted my technique right out, and it doesn't feel like the most awkward thing in the world any more! Yay. And another 5kg to add :-)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    S2B1 I did on Thursday. Sorry for not posting about it. Here are my beginning stats:

Wide-grip Deadlifts from Box: 85lbs
    Bulgarian Split Squats: BW (balance issues)
    Under-hand Lat pulldowns: 75lbs
    Reverse Lunge from Box: 5 lbs
    Cuban Snatch: 10lbs
    Decline Sit-ups: 25 lbs
    Reverse Sit-ups: 15 reps
    Lateral Flexion: Version 1
    Prone Cobra: 60 sec

I swapped the swiss ball crunches with decline weighted sit-ups, because most of the time when I go to the gym the swiss balls are locked up, and by the end of the 6 months I am hoping to be converted to hanging sit-ups.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Last workout A today - finally got all 20 reps on the FSPP with the olympic bar. Yay!
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm not dead! I fell off the wagon for a couple weeks and couldn't seem to make working out a priority. I'm back on now though! I've done the first two work-outs in Stage 2. I like the interval training, boy do you really feel like you worked on those days!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Last workout A today - finally got all 20 reps on the FSPP with the olympic bar. Yay!

GREAT JOB!!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I finished Stage 1 on March 6 then went on vacation. Starting Stage 2 on Sunday. Have to read and see what I have to do, I feel so out of the loop.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Here are my stage 2 stats - won't bother entering the ones that didn't change (lunges and step ups etc as pulled my groin during this stage.)

FSPP - 16kg - 20kg
    Step Up - 8kg - 9kg
    One point row - 6kg - 9kg
    Horizontal wood chop - 9kg - 18kg

Deadlift - 40kg - 55kg
    Underhand lat pull down - 36kg - 45kg
    Dumbell prone cuban snatch - 3kg - 5kg

My arms are still pretty weak but was quite impressed with my lat pull downs! Also, my deadlift is now more than my bodyweight
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Today and Thursday I'm doing the AMRAP workouts at the end of stage 1 then starting stage 2. I'm not sure where I should be starting with my weights. I don't want to go too low since there are only a 4 workouts each but realize some of these are new to me and I might need to. Anyone have any advice on where to start so I get the most out of these workouts?
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Impressive increases Jo - and deadlifting more than body weight is awesome!
    Luvs Rage Pi - I was thinking the same thing - 2 more Stage 1 workouts, AMRAP then onto Stage 2!
  • rduhlir
    Options
    So two more weeks left until stage 3 and I have made some serious progress. I am still having balance issues with the one point rows. Does anyone have any tips for people with balance issues?
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So two more weeks left until stage 3 and I have made some serious progress. I am still having balance issues with the one point rows. Does anyone have any tips for people with balance issues?

I find it helpful to concentrate on one spot - something inanimate
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have now done workout 1 a and b. OMG so different than stage 1! So much harder too. I am not liking all the leg stuff. LOL. I hate legs. But am excited to see where it takes me as far as my strength goes. I am also having a hard time with balance.
  • jo_marnes
    Options

Engage the core. Its all about the core.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Today and Thursday I'm doing the AMRAP workouts at the end of stage 1 then starting stage 2. I'm not sure where I should be starting with my weights. I don't want to go too low since there are only a 4 workouts each but realize some of these are new to me and I might need to. Anyone have any advice on where to start so I get the most out of these workouts?

I think you just have to try it and then adjust accordingly if you need it lighter or heavier. I don't know where to start myself either, but I took a month off. So I'm just going to try it and see.
  • lazyjane75
    lazyjane75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I completed Stage 2 yesterday. I started out hating it, but I enjoyed it more as I got my form down. Didn't make as much progress as in Stage 1, but I'm pleased:

A
    FSPP - 45 to 55
    Step up - 40 (2x20lb dbs - no increase)
    DB one-point row - 20 dbs to 30 dbs
    static lunge - 2x25 lb db (no increase)
    push ups - BW - getting lower!
    planks - 60 on elbows
    cable horizontal wood chop - 20 to 25 (probably not great for diastasis recti, but I did them anyway)

B
    Deadlift - 95 to 115
    BSS - 35 plate (no increase)
    Underhand Lat Pulldown - 35 to 42.5
    Reverse Lunge - 15 to 20 (each db)
    Prone cuban snatch - 10 lb db (no increase)
    Prone cobra - started out doing 90 sec

I don't crunches because I have a diastasis recti and I've read that crunches can make worse. I do my own exercises for this.

I am looking forward to starting Stage 3 on Friday. Yay to lower reps! I felt like the 10 reps/set really made it hard to increase weight in Stage 2.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    How do you incorporate the HIITS into your workout?

15 min hiit post lift?
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I haven't done Workout B yet, that will be tomorrow night. But I understood it to mean that you do it after the lifting portion and just on Workout B days. If I am incorrect on that, someone correct me!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Just did my 3rd workout today in this stage. Man, these are killer on your legs! Plus the planks are so hard to stay if I try and do 60 seconds. I most definitely need to up my protein, I think that is what is killing me on workout days.
  • rduhlir
    Options
    How do you incorporate the HIITS into your workout?

15 min hiit post lift?

I do mine post lift, and have been doing it as the book says and increasing gradually each week.
  • lazyjane75
    lazyjane75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I also did my HIITs post lift on B days, but sometimes also after A.