Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stage 2

Replies

• ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Hello all of you lovely ladies! I just finished Stage 1 today and am really excited to be beginning Stage 2!!! I've been lurking on the boards, but never posted, so I'm planning on being a bit more active on here. Figure it will be less lonely than going it alone! Anyways, any advice/warnings going into Stage 2? Stage 1 went swimmingly for me!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    I just started stage 2 this past week. I found that it's a little more tricky, involving more balance, etc. Allow yourself more time on Workout B days, there are more moves and there is 15 minutes HIIT following the workout.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Hey there everybody! Wow what a stage 2 it has been! I had a small non-related NROL4W NSV, and took almost 2 minutes off my 5K time, and on top of that I have lost 3 inches total, 3 pounds total, and about 2% body fat! Here are my end stats for S2WA:

FSPP: Bar => 50 lbs
    Step ups: 20 lbs no change
    Dumbell one-point rows: 10 lbs => 15 lbs
    Static Lunges: BW => 8 lbs
    Push ups: Declined (my coordination just isn't there for the T push ups)
    Planks: 60 sec => 75 sec
    Cable Horizontal Wood Chops: 30 lbs => 60 lbs (and the 60 was by accident today, I thought I had it set to 45 until half way through and said screw it lol)

I will be back on Friday to post my results for workout B. I am going to combine the AMAP workout next Tuesday as I will not have a change to get to the gym to split them next Friday. After all, Mud Fest is next week end! Time to get muddy!
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    I just started stage 2 this past week. I found that it's a little more tricky, involving more balance, etc. Allow yourself more time on Workout B days, there are more moves and there is 15 minutes HIIT following the workout.
    Thanks for the advice - I start Workout 2 at the weekend.
  • amanda_gent
    amanda_gent Posts: 174 Member
    I finished stage 2 yesterday and am actually sad to see it go! I started out uneasy about it and ended up loving it because it took a lot more focus and balance. The HIIT at the end of workout B was a great addition, though I didn't always look forward to it because I already do spin classes 2-3 times per week, but I can get through 15 minutes of anything!

My progress was as follows:

Workout A
    Front Squat Push Press 30# barbell --> 40# barbell
    Step Up 30# bb --> 40# bb
    DB one-point row 20# ieach hand -->25# db each hand
    Static lunge, rear foot elevated 20#bb -->40#bb
    T-push up 10# -- >12#
    Plank 60 secs --> 1:30 secs
    Cable horizontal wood-chop 2 plates (unsure of weight) --> 3 plates

Workout B
    Wide Grip Deadlift from Box 95# --> 100#
    Bulgarian Split Squats 30#bb --> 40# bb
    Underhand Grip Lat Pulldown 60# --> 72#
    Reverse Lunge from Box with Forward Reach 10# --> 12#
    Dumbbell Prone Cuban Snatch 8# --> 12#
    Swiss Ball Crunches -- 25# -- 35#

The ab work was the easiest for me because I've already been focusing on that area for a long time, including doing planks at home (I can do 2:30 min at home if I haven't done anything else) and the Prone Cuban Snatch was my least favorite, as it just felt awkward and I wasn't very good at it. :)

I have learned that I absolutely LOVE squats.

Now, off to familiarize myself with Stage 3 and get to it tomorrow!
  • deksgrl
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the dumbbell prone cuban snatch. I'm having a hard time with just 5 pound dumbbells. My shoulders do not like that rotation.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Hello Stage 2ers! I have my first Stage 2, Workout B tonight. I'm kind of looking forward to it but kinda nervous because I'm awfully sore from the A workout still. I'm anxious to try some of these moves that people keep talking about namely the Cuban snatch.
  • rduhlir
    Well stage 2 is complete. All I have left are the AMRAP workouts and then it is off to stage 3.

Here are the stats for S2WB:

Wide grip Deadlift from Box: 85 lbs> 95 lbs
    Bulgarian Split Squats: Body Weight > 10 lbs
    Under-hand Lat Pulldowns: 75 lbs > 90lbs
    Reverse Lunge from Box: 5 lbs > 15 lbs
    Declice Sit ups: 25 lb > no change in weight but increased decline
    Reverse Sit ups:10 > 15
    Lateral Flexion: Version 1 > Version 3 10 each
    Prone Cobra: 60 sec to 75 sec

I did this alongside running 4 days a week and here are the body changes during stage 2:

Starting body Stats:

Weight: 151 lbs
    Neck: 13.5 inches
    Waist: 32.5 inches
    Hips: 38.0 inches
    Body fat%: 31.7%

Ending Body Stats:

Weight: 148 lbs
    Neck: 13 inches
    Waist: 31 inches
    Hips: 37 inches
    Body Fat%: 29.2%

Over all from start of NROL (Feb 5th) until now I have lost 13 lbs, 5 inches and 7% body fat.
  • deksgrl
    Awesome!!!
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Hi everyone, new to this tread. I will be finishing stage 1 on Monday so started looking at the different exercises in detail for stage 2. I have some questions and could use help.

1) front squats look challenging but I am more worries about the push/press. Any advise? Did u use the Olympic bar or started lower weight?

2) for the DB one point row, book mentions doing half reps so a full set would be 5 reps with the left leg and then switch to 5 reps with the right leg. That would count as one set correct.?

3) for the wide grip DL did u start with the same weight as u ended DL from stage one. I will finish stage 1 with DL 120#.

4) what's the diff between the static lunge, rear leg elevated & the Bulgarian split squat. Looks exactly the same. :huh:

Thanks all in advance and I apologize if those questions were asked before :blushing:
  • Nefetete
    @ rduhlir congrats and amazing results not just for stage 2 but overall with New Rules
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Hi everyone, new to this tread. I will be finishing stage 1 on Monday so started looking at the different exercises in detail for stage 2. I have some questions and could use help.

1) front squats look challenging but I am more worries about the push/press. Any advise? Did u use the Olympic bar or started lower weight?

2) for the DB one point row, book mentions doing half reps so a full set would be 5 reps with the left leg and then switch to 5 reps with the right leg. That would count as one set correct.?

3) for the wide grip DL did u start with the same weight as u ended DL from stage one. I will finish stage 1 with DL 120#.

4) what's the diff between the static lunge, rear leg elevated & the Bulgarian split squat. Looks exactly the same. :huh:

Thanks all in advance and I apologize if those questions were asked before :blushing:

Just did my first stage 2 workout.

1. I started with the olympic bar for the push press. It was hard but doable. Not sure how quickly I'll be able to add weight though.
    2. Correct.
    3. I haven't dont the wide grip dl yet so I'll le you know.... but I imagine you can't start at the same weight since the exercise is harder to do but we'll see.
    4. the static lunch is with a low step and you keep the static foot on the ball of the toe and have weights to your side. THe split squat is a higher step, your foot is top of foot down on the step and you hold a weight at the chest.
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    BTW - just did my first stage 2.... holy **** that was hard.
  • chocolatecroissant
    Inspiring results posted here.
    Nefetete - thanks for asking those questions - I was thinking the same!
    Luvs Rage Phi - thanks for the responses - how did you get on with the prone cuban snatch as that one looks complicated and I have no idea what weight to use!
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Finally finished stage two on Friday after about ten days away from the gym thanks to work :-(

No massive gains in terms of increases in weight which frustrated me a bit but the difference in the toning of my thighs is awesome!
    I have always had horrible cellulite on the front of my thighs just about my knees which really puts me off shorts and anything above the knee that I can't wear tights with. Well... It is gone!! I actually can't believe it! Def a reasonable amount of fat still to go tho!

Onwards to stage 3!!
  • rduhlir
    For the Push Press, I started with a bar olympic bar, but I did not do bend my wrists back so much because it would end up hurting really, really bad. I ended up following the video that is posted on the FSPP thread and did them that way.
    I dropped down 5 pounds and then went back up in weight.
    4) what's the diff between the static lunge, rear leg elevated & the Bulgarian split squat. Looks exactly the same.
    It is all about foot placement.
  • Nefetete
    Thanks ladies :flowerforyou:

@ rduhlir, where is the FSPP thread.
  • chocolatecroissant
    Just finished workout A for the first time. I felt like a total beginner again - experimenting with weights like at the start of Stage 1! The squat/push press (thrusters) was just too tough for me with the olympic bar and I had to drop the weight to 15kg, but my shoulders have always been weak. Strange though as I was overhead pressing 11kg (just!) and the squat movement helps so maybe I'll be able to increase quickly as my form improves. I was super wobbly on one leg in the one-point row which was interesting and found the static lunges killers - I dropped the weight slightly for these too. For those without access to a gym, you might be interested that the swissball with a weight alternative to woodchoppers worked really well for me - I really felt my abs in this one.

Workout B next (well, in a couple of days) - not looking forward to those intervals with tired legs!