Stage 1

Options

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I am only really doing the AMRAPs as my personal trainer is away, and I want her to take me through both of the stage two workouts so I get my form right - otherwise I would probably skip them.

I think I will do my stepups with 5kg in each hand (rather than body weight), and the pressups on my toes, so that the workout doesn't take forever while I do a million pressups on my knees and bodyweight step ups.

I was toying with the idea of doing the amrap workouts and thinking that if I did, I wd go back to the weights of w/o 5...not all the way to the beginning since I purposely started low.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yay, Daisy! You rock!

Thank you :smile:
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, so I did 1A8 last night. So my results for stage one so far are:

Squat: 34kg/74.8 lb
    > 59kg/129.8 (but I still think I need to work on going lower at this weight)
    Push Up: knees
    > toes (and getting lower every time)
    Seated Row: 35kg/77 lb
    > 55kg/121 lb
    Step up: Body weight
    > 8kg each hand/17.6lb each hand
    Prone Jacknife: was always able to do this, but hopefully my form is getting better.

Monday will be workout 1B8, and then I will do the AMRAP workouts as my personal trainer is away. Stage two looks hard! Lots of exercises that I am much less familiar with.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

So I thought I would add in my Workout B results too:

Deadlift: 44kg/96.8 lb
    > 59kg/129.8 lb (grip strength still lets me down)
    Shoulder Press: 4kg/8.8 lb each hand
    > 9kg/19.8 lb each hand
    Lat Pulldown: 35kg/77 lb
    > 2 sets of 50kg (110lb) / 1 of 45kg (99 lb) (again grip strength lets me down a bit)
    Lunge: 5kg/11 lb each hand (I think) ----> 54kg/118.8 lb - overall = 30kg on 24kg Oly bar (hmmm where I see it written down, it does seem quite heavy) My legs do shake during, and I can probably go lower - my butt is sore today!
    Swiss ball crunch
    > 1 set of 15 holding 10kg/22 lb behind my head with feet on wall, 2 sets of 15 with weight on chest, feet on wall.

I think it is pretty good for six weeks work! Just need the body composition to start to improve/change now.

Even wearing my little bike gloves I am getting callouses on my hands.

Going to do the workout A AMRAP session tomorrow - probably with workout 3 weights.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Yay, Daisy! You rock!

I agree...you rock! Great job getting an early morning workout in!
  • lcuconley
    Options

> 55kg/121 lb
    Prone Jacknife: was always able to do this, but hopefully my form is getting better.

Monday will be workout 1B8, and then I will do the AMRAP workouts as my personal trainer is away. Stage two looks hard! Lots of exercises that I am much less familiar with.

> 9kg/19.8 lb each hand
    > 2 sets of 50kg (110lb) / 1 of 45kg (99 lb) (again grip strength lets me down a bit)
    Lunge: 5kg/11 lb each hand (I think) ----> 54kg/118.8 lb - overall = 30kg on 24kg Oly bar (hmmm where I see it written down, it does seem quite heavy) My legs do shake during, and I can probably go lower - my butt is sore today!
    Swiss ball crunch
    > 1 set of 15 holding 10kg/22 lb behind my head with feet on wall, 2 sets of 15 with weight on chest, feet on wall.

I think it is pretty good for six weeks work! Just need the body composition to start to improve/change now.

Going to do the workout A AMRAP session tomorrow - probably with workout 3 weights.

Wow...great progress. You are lifting some very heavy weights!!!
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Okay - so I made it to the gym this am. I did not make it early enough to lift before hot yoga, so I lifted afterwards. I did my 100pushups workout first, so my low planks during yoga really sucked.

hundred pushup workout: 20, 25, 15, 15, 15

workout 1A8:

squats: 8x135 (yea, 2x45 pound plates!!), 8x140, 8x140
    pushups: 25, 20, 20
    seated row: 3x8x85 (bummed no progression here)
    stepup: 3x10x60 (progression in number of reps, up from 8)
    PJK w/pike: 3x15 (progression in reps)
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options

> 55kg/121 lb

> 9kg/19.8 lb each hand
    Swiss ball crunch

Gosh! I am pretty close to your weights for workout A (with four workouts to go) but your workout B weights... wowza! especially lunge and deadlift! Thought I was doing well at 45kg deadlift tonight! Well done, such heavy weights!
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Gosh! I am pretty close to your weights for workout A (with four workouts to go) but your workout B weights... wowza! especially lunge and deadlift! Thought I was doing well at 45kg deadlift tonight! Well done, such heavy weights!

I think it is great when people post up how they are doing - good work on doing what I ended up with when you are only half way through!

My personal trainer was even sceptical about both the deadlift and the lunge. I had kept my workout 7 deadlift weight at the same as workout 6 as I had been getting some lower back pain. Yesterday I was fine putting my weight up (and I wanted to as it was the last workout) but my stupid left hand grip lets me down - even using alternate grip and swapping for each set. Must work on that.

My PT even made me doubt the weight of my lunges too (I do them in the squat rack), but I checked my chart and I had done one set with 10kg plates (so 44kg) and then 2 sets with 15kg plates (54kg) in the last workout as I decided 10kg plates were too light.

Obviously my legs are stronger than my upper body, and I am sure I can squat more, but I am really trying to keep my form and go as low as possible during this programme. My shoulders and back are quite weak though, and I am sure I am almost hitting my current strength limits in terms of how fit I am, how much fat I am carrying and the amount of calories I am consuming.

I was thinking - back in the day, following a PT prescribed workout, I would probably have put my weights up about twice in six weeks - even attending 3 times a week. I do love having this programme to follow. Not sure I am going to love stage two so much though - looks a bit scary.

I am currently happy with my strength gains - now I just want to drop that fat percentage!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Yay, Daisy! You rock!

I agree...you rock! Great job getting an early morning workout in!

Thank you! Just have to try and do it again next Saturday...:smile:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Okay - so I made it to the gym this am. I did not make it early enough to lift before hot yoga, so I lifted afterwards. I did my 100pushups workout first, so my low planks during yoga really sucked.

hundred pushup workout: 20, 25, 15, 15, 15

workout 1A8:

squats: 8x135 (yea, 2x45 pound plates!!), 8x140, 8x140
    pushups: 25, 20, 20
    seated row: 3x8x85 (bummed no progression here)
    stepup: 3x10x60 (progression in number of reps, up from 8)
    PJK w/pike: 3x15 (progression in reps)

I am so impressed with all your workouts! You'll be moving on soon but I will try and follow your progress!
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Daisy - once you make it a habit of going every saturday, it will be easy! I will make sure to follow your progress as well!

mcbell - you will get used to stage two: front squat push press makes me fee so strong! I am jealous that you have regular workouts with your trainer. I miss that!

glitterballv - let us know what your workouts are!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Workout Stage1A3 done! I had to switch the workouts around again as the squat rack was in use again. It felt really fast today...

I managed to go up on my weights...I didn't increase the squats weights. I want to make sure my form is right. I think I am doing it right...I have a session with a personal trainer booked on Thursday and he will go through squats, deadlifts with me and I will also ask him to show me the Stage 2 workouts. Exciting!

Hope you're all doing well ladies!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I'm feeling great. I'll be on 1B4 tomorrow. I'm not as crazy starving as I was the first few weeks. I'm eating well and sleeping well. I love it!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    So I've moved on to workout 5 with 3 sets of 10, and it really does make it a lot harder!
    But I broke 100# on my squat yesterday!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I'm feeling great. I'll be on 1B4 tomorrow. I'm not as crazy starving as I was the first few weeks. I'm eating well and sleeping well. I love it!

That's great! I was thinking the same today! I just feel so much better already and I am only about two weeks into the program. I know when I did Stage 1 last time I could tell a difference in my body too...I am hoping it'll be the same this time..I never made it further than stage 1 so I am excited to see what else is to come!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    So I've moved on to workout 5 with 3 sets of 10, and it really does make it a lot harder!
    [/quote

Well done! It really does make a difference...If I remember correctly my heart rate really got up during those...
  • lcuconley
    Options

Well done! It really does make a difference...If I remember correctly my heart rate really got up during those...

That is the good thing about stage 1...they mix it up with sets and reps. Daisy, I agree, I sweat buckets when I superset correctly!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey yall!

I restarted stage one on Sunday, going to go do workout 1B1 tonight and feeling pumped!

For someone like me who tends to be a *bit* perfectionist, it was hard to swallow starting over, but I see now it has some benefits. I didn't lose as much strength as I had anticipated (I had to take a doctor ordered break for about 6 weeks), so I'm concentrating on form and getting my #s back to where they were when I finished Stage 1 the first time.

I made it through stage 2 before I had my "break", so it's weird how short stage 1 workouts seem compared to how long stage 2 workouts took. I got done and thought "ok, what's next? Oh, I'm done? What?"

Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I'm really liking the short workouts of Stage 1. So I'm not really enthused about what I'm hearing about Stage 2. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Maybe I will like it, if I don't I'll have to just deal.