What is your most controversial opinion?

Options
daffodilsoup
daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
What is the one opinion you have that you would say is the most controversial? Don't be afraid - doesn't matter how unconstitutional, unpopular, whatever, that's what makes it fun. If you're feeling frisky, tell us why!

I believe people should have to apply to have children.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Whew couldn't agree with you more there.

I think that soda should not be allowed and junk food limited on food stamps. Sad when I worked as cashier and people would buy 5-10 boxes of hostess snacks at one time along with cases of soda (saw one gal get 9 cases once), chips, fried foods, and such. I want the world to be a healthier place! Very unrealistic I know.

Don't kill me please D: lol
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Most controversial: There are no saints or altruism. Everyone's actions at all times are done out of self-interest, whether they know it or not. Even Mother Teresa.

Least controversial: Don't f--k with bears.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I believe everyone is equal and should be treated as equals. I don't believe in special rights and priveliges for different groups of people. At least not by our government. If you want to make allowances for someone personally, that is your privilege and right.

I don't beileive you should be given special consideration for a job, because you are gay, black, handicapped, ex-serviceman. Everyone should apply - the most qualified gets the job.

I don't believe you should get grants, loans, etc. because you are some form of minority or come from a single parent home.

I am no more special than you and you are no more special than me. If you make bad decisions, live with the consequences. I have; I did.
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think dwarf tossing should be an olympic sport.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I would run for President of the U.S. on a platform of legalized weed, prostitution and renting the state of Montana to the Jews so they could leave Israel.

I don't anticipate a huge number of votes.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    I would run for President of the U.S. on a platform of legalized weed, prostitution and renting the state of Montana to the Jews so they could leave Israel.

You might not get the majority of votes, but you certainly wouldn't be the worst candidate running.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

BrettPGH 2012
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Amen to ALMOST all opinions so far therefore I felt the need to join in! Hi everyone!

I believe you should not be allowed to own a dog if you are going to tie it out in the backyard.

I believe in eating meat and hunting.

I believe guns do not kill people, people kill people.

Oh wait.. you said opinion not opinions... I got carried away.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I believe that having a religion is like having genitalia.

It's fine to have it, and it's fine to enjoy it and to be proud of it.

But for g-d's sake don't be waving it around out in public, and don't try to shove it down other people's throats.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    You receive Welfare = you get drug tested.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options

I'll go you one better. You need welfare...GET A JOB! You can't afford your lifestyle...SCALE IT BACK! You shouldn't have kids, get married, etc. until you have reached that point in you life that you can take care of yourself and them.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

I'll go you one better. You need welfare...GET A JOB! You can't afford your lifestyle...SCALE IT BACK! You shouldn't have kids, get married, etc. until you have reached that point in you life that you can take care of yourself and them.

You are a wise man.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have another. If your mommy and daddy sent your pampered *kitten* off to a good 4 year college - you don't get to lecture anybody about "Bootstraps".

You guys know there are 5 applicants for every job right now, right? Lots and lots of very good, decent, hardworking people are having trouble nowadays. And most of them didn't sign some stupid subprime mortgage.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    What is the one opinion you have that you would say is the most controversial? Don't be afraid - doesn't matter how unconstitutional, unpopular, whatever, that's what makes it fun.

I believe that Jesus is Lord, Savior, and the one true way to connect with God.

~~~Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”~~~ John 14:6-7

...yep that's definitely my most controversial opinion... Especially since I don't prescribe for the "it's true for me but not for you" mentality. Now, I don't go bashing people over the head and say "YOU'RE WRONGGGGGG!!!! aaaahhhhhh!!!" ...BUT since you asked, I figured I would be honest. My most controversial opinion/belief/whatever is that Jesus is real, he died and rose again, and that he offers salvation to everyone who confesses and believes. :flowerforyou:
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I believe that having a religion is like having genitalia.

It's fine to have it, and it's fine to enjoy it and to be proud of it.

But for g-d's sake don't be waving it around out in public, and don't try to shove it down other people's throats.

...But... but... they asked me if I have a controversial opinion!! :wink:
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

You might want to try the GOP ticket this year. You might be surprised to find that you're more popular than any of the idiots they've already put up. :laugh:

Agreed!
    You guys know there are 5 applicants for every job right now, right? Lots and lots of very good, decent, hardworking people are having trouble nowadays. And most of them didn't sign some stupid subprime mortgage.

Also, keep in mind that that's for EVERY job. The lower you go in qualifications, the more applicants you get. If there is a job opening for a lawyer a high school graduate isn't going to bother to apply. Only lawyers who passed that state's bar will apply. I wanted to hire a file clerk for a 10 hour/week position last tax season. I received over 1000 applications. It was insane! The average number of applicants for a job that doesn't require specialized education/expertise is actually closer to 200.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I believe if you are a serial rapist you should be castrated, same for pedophiles.

Drug Test for welfare, and if you are on it you don't get name brand foods and no junk only healthy stuff. If you hate it work hard to get off of it and then you can have your junk, if you are really looking for a job then you'll want to be drug free and nice and healthy so you can get it :)

Casey Anthony should have been convicted..............I don't care that they didn't produce the right kind of evidence in the right way it was frickin obvious and everyone knows it.

Congress and politicians should not have the benefits and healthcare and retirement packages that they do, they should get what everyone else does. (I don't think thats very controversial though)

If you abuse animals(I am talking serious and very real abuse here) and are ever caught you should 1) go to jail for a very very very long time (I really hate people that prey on innocents) and 2)Never be allowed to own even a goldfish ever again and if you do you go back to jail for even longer.

Factory farming the way we do it should absolutely be illegal, If you want to eat meat thats all well and good but don't make the animals miserable and suffer just so you can stuff your face with a cheaper more easily produced piece of meat.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I believe that America can not be beaten on the battle field, but we lost the war on terror because are citizens are chicken **** and have decided to trade their civil liberties for the illusion of security. We defeat the Facists, Soviets, Imperialists, all to crumble because 4,000 goat herders in the caves of Pakistan/afghanistan scare us. What an emarrassment. We went from a nation who said "Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" to allowing the TSA to molest our grandmothers and children.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Okay, you asked for it:

Assuming that absolutely no one on death row is innocent (big stretch)-

Instead of the death penalty, we should test products and medical treatments on death row inmates instead of animals. Some would die in the process, so the pro-death penalty people would get their way. But most would just suffer.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    People who have a low income or who are near extreme poverty should not be allowed to have more than a certain number of children.

People who sell baby formula and food, obtained from government assistance, for a profit, should be prosecuted with a heavy fine and hefty jail time.

Less controversial: legalize gambling in Texas.