What is your most controversial opinion?

Options

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Men should wear skirts.

Never can figure why the sex with the dangly bits insists on binding them.
    Aye,,, proof positive that the scots are the most advanced peoples on earth. I could do with a kilt on some hot days.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I believe that if a man punches another man, he has the right to hit him back. If a man punches a woman, every man has the right to hit him back.

I believe that welfare is inherited. Generally if your parents were on welfare there's a greater chance you will be as well. It's a learned behavior. So to break the cycle when a person applies for welfare or public support they should be moved to an educational compound where all their needs are met, and caused to get a marketable education. They should be sterilized immediately, not given money or food stamps but have food and daycare provided, and be ejected from the system if their grades drop below a C. Welfare should last no longer than it takes to acquire their chosen education. I believe if you have a upper middle class education and employment there is less chance that your children will be on public assistance.

I believe that everyone should be sterilized at birth and not allowed to have children until they can prove they are mentally, physically and emotionally capable of raising them.

I believe we should bring back the gladiatorial arenas. We should make all violent criminals who have been sentenced to over 20 years in prison the gladiators. We should televise these matches on pay per view and use the money to balance the deficit.

I believe that school teachers should be paid more than lawyers.

I believe every state should have ONE elected politician. I believe that every elected official should be required to wear a non-removable collar. I believe every year we should all vote on weather or not that collar explodes.

I believe that schools should focus on education and churches should focus on gods.

I believe that should be enough belief to anger just about everyone.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Here's a huge one! I HATE AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS. Are you kidding. Breast cancer awareness is a scam. What's even more annoying. FB causes. "Hey everyone, let's change our profile pics to show our support of child abuse awarness."

A: Why? What the hell is that doing.
    B: Who the hell are your friends that they are unaware of this problem, or even a perpetrator of child abuse. How abou we get of the face book and call the cops instead of "raising awareness".
    C: I have adopted 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 lizard and a bird. I have done enough. I don't want to hear about animals that need to be adopted anymore. It is not even in the top 20 of thing I consider important in my life. As a matter of fact, I get so many links, pics, and videos of needy dogs I am starting to hate them.
    Hear hear! Don't buy a pink ribbon and put it on your car - take that $5 and actually give it to breast cancer research. 'cause that might do some actual good, while the pink ribbon just makes you feel good about yourself.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I think that people who think homosexuality is a choice are accidentally admitting they have homosexual thoughts.
    I know right!! They had to have made that choice otherwise they wouldn't be saying that.

I do think bi people make a choice...if they want to be with a man or a woman.

haha I have this argument with my fiance all the time............if it's a choice then they are BI not GAY. Why is that hard for some people to understand?

Bi people don't choose who they're attracted to. They just happen to be attracted to both and can be with either if they want to, just like a straight person can choose who they want to date.

I don't believe in love at first sight and only one soulmate and that kind of thing I believe you can find many people to love and have a great life with . When I say a bi person has a choice, I mean if they want to they can choose (even if they have feelings for someone) to ignore their love/feelings and date the other side because they can fall in love with someone there too. I will give you an example PURELY an example(didn't really happen) I am attracted to african americans (I am white) and I dated one but the problems I had with my family were not worth it so after we broke up I chose to date white guys only and find someone to be with in that race because I knew I would not have the problems with them that I had dating a black guy. So while Bi's can choose to stick with only one side to find a mate, gays do not have that choice. That's all I meant
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    II believe we should bring back the gladiatorial arenas. We should make all violent criminals who have been sentenced to over 20 years in prison the gladiators. We should televise these matches on pay per view and use the money to balance the deficit.

:flowerforyou:
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Men should wear skirts.

Never can figure why the sex with the dangly bits insists on binding them.

binding keep said dangly bits from escaping and biting the neighbors wives.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I think that people who think homosexuality is a choice are accidentally admitting they have homosexual thoughts.
    I know right!! They had to have made that choice otherwise they wouldn't be saying that.

As a pansexual I'd like to inform you that is incorrect. We don't pick which gender/who we end up with, we fall and love and stay with that person, their gender doesn't factor in. It's all based on love.

I am not talking about love or who someone falls in love with, a bi person could fall in love with either sex.

Right, but they don't pick which sex they fall in love with. Do you know what pan is?

You do realize I said Bi right?

I do, I was clarifying that I know what I'm talking about though. Pan/Bi neither one "Picks" a gender to settle down with. They fall in love with a person.

Except for you don't know what you're talking about when your implying that I am saying more than I am saying. Pick or choose, doesn't mean someone is falling in love or choosing to settle down. It could mean that, it could also mean they want to **** a guy that night. It doesn't have to be about love.

For example. My married female neighbor across the street sometimes likes to have sex with other women.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Here's a huge one! I HATE AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS. Are you kidding. Breast cancer awareness is a scam. What's even more annoying. FB causes. "Hey everyone, let's change our profile pics to show our support of child abuse awarness."

B: Who the hell are your friends that they are unaware of this problem, or even a perpetrator of child abuse. How abou we get of the face book and call the cops instead of "raising awareness".
    C: I have adopted 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 lizard and a bird. I have done enough. I don't want to hear about animals that need to be adopted anymore. It is not even in the top 20 of thing I consider important in my life. As a matter of fact, I get so many links, pics, and videos of needy dogs I am starting to hate them.

Seconded in a big way. I haaaate "awareness". WE'RE AWARE! I haven't gone 34 years without ever hearing of breast cancer you dolts!

As far as I'm concerned any campaign to "raise awareness" is just covering the fact that they're keeping most of the profits for themselves.

And when I saw people putting up cartoon avatars on FB, saying it was to end child abuse, I wanted to blow up the world. Mass stupidity spread at digital speeds. I have a cartoon posted at my desk, it's a guy barricaded in his house with zombie arms trying to break in, he's on the laptop typing "Help me put an end to zombies by joining my Facebook group, No More Zombies."
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

haha I have this argument with my fiance all the time............if it's a choice then they are BI not GAY. Why is that hard for some people to understand?

Bi people don't choose who they're attracted to. They just happen to be attracted to both and can be with either if they want to, just like a straight person can choose who they want to date.

I don't believe in love at first sight and only one soulmate and that kind of thing I believe you can find many people to love and have a great life with . When I say a bi person has a choice, I mean if they want to they can choose (even if they have feelings for someone) to ignore their love/feelings and date the other side because they can fall in love with someone there too. I will give you an example PURELY an example(didn't really happen) I am attracted to african americans (I am white) and I dated one but the problems I had with my family were not worth it so after we broke up I chose to date white guys only and find someone to be with in that race because I knew I would not have the problems with them that I had dating a black guy. So while Bi's can choose to stick with only one side to find a mate, gays do not have that choice. That's all I meant

Ah Okay, that makes more sense. I think the first way was worded funny.

The question is if you had happened to unintentionally get to know a black guy who was amazing, and ultimately fell in love with them, would you deny yourself that happiness just because you made a 'choice' to just date white men?
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    My most controversial opinion is that we need a massive pandemic to rein in the population of humans to a number that the earth can sustain.
    Thats a fact not an opinion!
    Modern medicine has pretty much eliminated natural selection/survival of the fittest. Now its survival of the best access to antibiotics.
    In our culture fittest = wealthiest so yeah, that's about right.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

For example. My married female neighbor across the street sometimes likes to have sex with other women.

I fail to see the problem with this! :) So long as hubby is okay with it!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

Ah Okay, that makes more sense. I think the first way was worded funny.

The question is if you had happened to unintentionally get to know a black guy who was amazing, and ultimately fell in love with them, would you deny yourself that happiness just because you made a 'choice' to just date white men?

Haha hell no, but I am a stubborn @ss and no one is going to tell me how to live or be happy as long as I am not affecting anyone elses life....and in turn I believe others should be treated the same way.
  • mikajoanow
    Options

Seconded in a big way. I haaaate "awareness". WE'RE AWARE! I haven't gone 34 years without ever hearing of breast cancer you dolts!

As far as I'm concerned any campaign to "raise awareness" is just covering the fact that they're keeping most of the profits for themselves.

And when I saw people putting up cartoon avatars on FB, saying it was to end child abuse, I wanted to blow up the world. Mass stupidity spread at digital speeds. I have a cartoon posted at my desk, it's a guy barricaded in his house with zombie arms trying to break in, he's on the laptop typing "Help me put an end to zombies by joining my Facebook group, No More Zombies."

I get raising awareness. My son has a rare speech disorder, that most people have never heard of and do not understand. But I agree, I think we're all aware of breast cancer. lol I think its time to let some of the other types of cancer have awareness too ;)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Pick or choose, doesn't mean someone is falling in love or choosing to settle down. It could mean that, it could also mean they want to **** a guy that night. It doesn't have to be about love.

That makes more sense, but that was not clear in your original statement.

I still disagree. Perhaps THIS is your most controversial opinion!
  • mikajoanow
    Options

I fail to see the problem with this! :) So long as hubby is okay with it!

oy, I don't have a problem with it. I am sure he doesn't either. But it is her choice.
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Pick or choose, doesn't mean someone is falling in love or choosing to settle down. It could mean that, it could also mean they want to **** a guy that night. It doesn't have to be about love.

That makes more sense, but that was not clear in your original statement.

I still disagree. Perhaps THIS is your most controversial opinion!
    Only to you :P (j/k)
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I support the right of any american to purchase and display the confederate flag at their home, on their own vehicle, or at their own personal business. However, I do not think any government building or state flag should have the Confederate flag on it.......BECAUSE YOU LOST! You don't get to keep your flag when you lose. The confederacy surrendered, signed treaties, disbanded and was absorbed back into the Union. The end. Over. No flag. You lost. As a matter of fact, you didn't lose, you didn't do anything, you weren't there.
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    I think I know what mine is.

I love and think its okay to make political posts on facebook. I think that might be my most controversial opinion. Everyone on my fb friends list disagrees. :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I get raising awareness. My son has a rare speech disorder, that most people have never heard of and do not understand. But I agree, I think we're all aware of breast cancer. lol I think its time to let some of the other types of cancer have awareness too ;)

See now in a case like that, a rare disorder that people don't understand, that NEEDS awareness! I support that completely. Sorry all your awareness mojo is being hogged by diseases we all know about.
  • mikajoanow
    Options

See now in a case like that, a rare disorder that people don't understand, that NEEDS awareness! I support that completely. Sorry all your awareness mojo is being hogged by diseases we all know about.
    That was funny! lol