What is your most controversial opinion?

Options

Replies

• adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I think that people who think homosexuality is a choice are accidentally admitting they have homosexual thoughts.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I think that people who think homosexuality is a choice are accidentally admitting they have homosexual thoughts.

LOL!

I think people who truly believe that others would CHOOSE to be gay, knowing that it would cause them a lot of issues with bigots, prejudices, etc, are out of their effing mind.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    You receive Welfare = you get drug tested.

I'll go you one better. You need welfare...GET A JOB! You can't afford your lifestyle...SCALE IT BACK! You shouldn't have kids, get married, etc. until you have reached that point in you life that you can take care of yourself and them.

I got married and had a kid when I could afford it... waited until my mid-30s. Didn't stop me from needing Food Stamps and TANF a year and a half later after I'd been laid off and ran out of savings.

There is an exception to every rule. I'm sorry. Still don't believe in Government handouts. I'm glad you were able to make use of them though.

What was described here is NOT the exception to the rule. The ones who have extra babies just for government aid- those are the execptions to the rule.

You are right.

"The average number of persons in TANF families was 2.3, including an average of 1.8 recipient children. One in two recipient families had only one child. One in 10 families had more than three children. The average number of children in closed-case families was 1.8. Nearly one in two closed case families had one child, and only six percent had more than three children."

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/data-reports/annualreport8/chapter10/chap10.htm

And even those with larger families could have unexpectedly fallen on hard times.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Serial rapists & people that sexually abuse children should be put to death. Period.

This.

I agree with this too.

I put castrate but I actually would prefer this...........................or we can make them useful and do scientific testing on them, all these I would go for.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have another. If your mommy and daddy sent your pampered *kitten* off to a good 4 year college - you don't get to lecture anybody about "Bootstraps".

You guys know there are 5 applicants for every job right now, right? Lots and lots of very good, decent, hardworking people are having trouble nowadays. And most of them didn't sign some stupid subprime mortgage.

Going to disagree with you in part. Mommy and Daddy sent my daughter's pampered *kitten* off to College. I have no problem with what individual's do for one another. I have a problem with individuals going to the Government with their hand out because they feel thay are in some minority or another and believe the DESERVE a handout.

As for jobs, I have no doubt that it's a b*tch out there. There has always been unemployment. People that are willing to work always seem to find a job. I've been there. I have. If I lost my job today, I would be flipping burgers by the end of the week. Or working for a temp service. Or getting a paper route. Whatever. Problem is, and I hear it all the time, that someone can't take a certain, because it is not up to where they were before.
    Wow,,, Dog and I never disagree.

If your parents are reasonably middle class and can put you through school you too can make it to at least reasonably middle class just by showing up and doing your homework. OTOH - if both of your parents are HS dropouts and you get no support after your 17th birthday it takes an epic herculean effort to get there - and the vast majority don't. And that's cool, that's how it ought'a be. Got'cha.

I'm a reasonably successful guy, somewhat college educated. Earn a good living as a techie in the manufacturing biz. Got where I am because "went to the government with my hand out" and applied for a Pell grant and a couple of student loans. Nowadays I pay more in FICA every year than the total sum invested in my destitute tuchus all those years ago. That's what you gotta do when your dad drives a truck and your mom rides a couch. Without that help I'd be still running a lathe for 1/2 what I earn today. I guess that's what should'a happened.

BTW - I never said you shouldn't have sent your kid to school. I'm just suggesting that if one is born with lots and lots of advantages, they probably lack understanding of what it takes for somebody without those advantages to be successful.

Lions often think the "Law of the Jungle" is just peachy - gazelles are usually not so sure.
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    I know right!! They had to have made that choice otherwise they wouldn't be saying that.

I do think bi people make a choice...if they want to be with a man or a woman.
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    I don't think I have anything too controversial that hasn't already been brought up in other debates.

I'm pro-choice, and think prolifers talk out both sides of their mouths when they want to force women into having the babies, but don't want their tax dollars going to the women who 'should have kept their legs shut!'

I'm very pro-gay rights, and if you don't like gay marriage, don't get one. Keep your religion out of our government, thanks.

I'm agnostic/atheist, meaning that I am not completely closed off to the possibility of there being a god, but at this time I do not believe this to be true.

Public schools need to keep teacher-led prayer etc OUT OF THE CLASSROOM. Period. Not everybody believes in the same thing you do, so how is that fair to force it on students? It's not. The Christians would have a holy conniption fit if teachers started leading in Islamic prayer, so the same courtesy should be offered to all and not have teacher led prayer at all. If you want God in schools, send your kid to private school. Oh and if 'God is everywhere' then isn't he already there? Hm. Also, prayer doesn't have to be out loud, so nobody is stopping ANYBODY from praying.

I think it's pretty funny when people say they want smaller government but in the same breath want religious regulations put in place like anti-gay marriage or pro-choice measures. You can't have both, it doesn't work that way.

Love this!
  • adrian_indy
    Options
    I think people who complain about how lazy everyone else can are just bitter then have crap jobs they have to work at. So congrats on being better than welfare queens, but forgive me if I'm not patting you on the back for being mediocre.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I know right!! They had to have made that choice otherwise they wouldn't be saying that.

haha I have this argument with my fiance all the time............if it's a choice then they are BI not GAY. Why is that hard for some people to understand?
  • adrian_indy
    Options
    I also think that the theory of human beings being the creation of aliens is pretty improbable. But it's more probable than and invisible sky hebrew impregnating a 12 year old virgin girl to give birth to some demigod who will be sacrificed to create a loophole in the ancient curse all of mankind has been punished for because thousands of years ealier someone ate a piece of fruit.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

As a pansexual I'd like to inform you that is incorrect. We don't pick which gender/who we end up with, we fall and love and stay with that person, their gender doesn't factor in. It's all based on love.
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    I also think that the theory of human beings being the creation of aliens is pretty improbable. But it's more probable than and invisible sky hebrew impregnating a 12 year old virgin girl to give birth to some demigod who will be sacrificed to create a loophole in the ancient curse all of mankind has been punished for because thousands of years ealier someone ate a piece of fruit.

I agree with this also. For me, I think the most probable is that a comet hit the earth carrying the seeds of life.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/Discoveries/2009/0818/scientists-find-a-building-block-for-life-in-a-comets-halo
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i think your FICO score is absolutely worthless, and the biggest deception we've collectively fallen for.

and for anyone who says "but... but... you need a good score to get a house, job, car, etc..."

nope. no you don't. ok, the job... maybe. but if you're qualified, and you don't have REPO'S or BANKRUPTCY on your credit report... you should still be able to get the job IMO.

I've been without a single credit card or any sort of loans (including family/friend/etc) for quite a while... it works.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Excellent. You're channeling Carlin.
  • mikajoanow
    Options

As a pansexual I'd like to inform you that is incorrect. We don't pick which gender/who we end up with, we fall and love and stay with that person, their gender doesn't factor in. It's all based on love.

I am not talking about love or who someone falls in love with, a bi person could fall in love with either sex.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    We need a WHOLE LOT smaller government and (this will probably get me kicked out) we need to put God back the schools.

Ok, but WHOSE God? Yours? But what if you have Islam students in the school who worship Allah? Or those who have parents who are agnostic/atheist? How do you decide what God/religion should be allowed and what should not? This chart below is exactly why religion and Gods need to stay OUT of schools, b/c no one on this Earth can positively say which one is RIGHT. Because there is no RIGHT or WRONG.

religions.jpg
  • adrian_indy
    Options

I am not talking about love or who someone falls in love with, a bi person could fall in love with either sex.

No straight man wakes up thinking about kissing another man, then decides not to. Choice means there are options. So if a man tells me he thinks that being gay, pansexual, bisexual, trisexual, bi-curious, transgender, and so on and so forth is a choice, that means at one point in his life he had gay urges, but chose not to act on them. Nice job outing youself, girlfriend.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Midgets are midgets, and little people are short.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have anything too controversial that hasn't already been brought up in other debates.

I'm pro-choice, and think prolifers talk out both sides of their mouths when they want to force women into having the babies, but don't want their tax dollars going to the women who 'should have kept their legs shut!'

I'm very pro-gay rights, and if you don't like gay marriage, don't get one. Keep your religion out of our government, thanks.

I'm agnostic/atheist, meaning that I am not completely closed off to the possibility of there being a god, but at this time I do not believe this to be true.

Public schools need to keep teacher-led prayer etc OUT OF THE CLASSROOM. Period. Not everybody believes in the same thing you do, so how is that fair to force it on students? It's not. The Christians would have a holy conniption fit if teachers started leading in Islamic prayer, so the same courtesy should be offered to all and not have teacher led prayer at all. If you want God in schools, send your kid to private school. Oh and if 'God is everywhere' then isn't he already there? Hm. Also, prayer doesn't have to be out loud, so nobody is stopping ANYBODY from praying.

I think it's pretty funny when people say they want smaller government but in the same breath want religious regulations put in place like anti-gay marriage or pro-choice measures. You can't have both, it doesn't work that way.

:flowerforyou:
  • mikajoanow
    Options

No straight man wakes up thinking about kissing another man, then decides not to. Choice means there are options. So if a man tells me he thinks that being gay, pansexual, bisexual, trisexual, bi-curious, transgender, and so on and so forth is a choice, that means at one point in his life he had gay urges, but chose not to act on them. Nice job outing youself, girlfriend.

?? I am not sure why you are responding to me with this post.