What is your most controversial opinion?

Options

Replies

• adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I do not repect the wisdom of older people simply because they are old. Whole nations in a mess and the teenagerd didn't do it. If you are young and dumb, chances are you will grow into an old idiot.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, but the public sector does NOT NEED UNIONS! Especially for white collar jobs! I work in the public sector and you would not believe some of the whiny lazy entitlement wh*res I have to work wtih.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I believe that America can not be beaten on the battle field, but we lost the war on terror because are citizens are chicken **** and have decided to trade their civil liberties for the illusion of security. We defeat the Facists, Soviets, Imperialists, all to crumble because 4,000 goat herders in the caves of Pakistan/afghanistan scare us. What an emarrassment. We went from a nation who said "Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" to allowing the TSA to molest our grandmothers and children.

I'm seriously crushing on you right now! :laugh: I couldn't agree more. We are appalled at the idea of blowing up a house with a civillian inside who is hiding enemy terrorists but then we turn around a beat and pepper spray old people and because we don't agree with them we're OK with that. It's sick. We have to send in tens of thousands of our ground troops (never get into a land war in Asia!) instead of just dropping bombs and being done with it because we might hurt someone. So instead we send in our troops to be hurt. I'm sympathetic to the innocent civillians who get hurt but really, if Canada decided to declare war on Southerners and bomb areas with a heavy population of sweet tea drinkers I'd be headed to another state faster than you can say "Pop, ay"

Drug Test for welfare, and if you are on it you don't get name brand foods and no junk only healthy stuff. If you hate it work hard to get off of it and then you can have your junk, if you are really looking for a job then you'll want to be drug free and nice and healthy so you can get it :)

Absolutely! I have no problem with people who are down on their luck getting a hand up with welfare, food stamps, etc. I do have a problem with crack heads getting food stams and using them to buy Cheetos and Twinkies. Fruits/veggies, meat, dairy, breads/cereals/grains are fine. I'm not even a stickler on things like canned veggies or white bread or things like that. But complete junk food, soda, etc shouldn't be allowed. Basically, food stamps should work much the way WIC does.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    People who have a low income or who are near extreme poverty should not be allowed to have more than a certain number of children.

Dang it all people, stop coming up with things I agree with but forgot to mention! :laugh:

This one is probably my most controversial opinion -- people on welfare should have to have some form or temporary birth control that is relatively fool proof such as the Depo shot, IUD, Norplant, etc. I wish there was something like those for me because the should have to have it too. If you do have another baby on welfare, your benefits don't increase either.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Schools should hand out birth control pills like candy.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I think the best contraceptive is anal.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I would run for President of the U.S. on a platform of legalized weed, prostitution and renting the state of Montana to the Jews so they could leave Israel.

I don't anticipate a huge number of votes.

Ron Paul???

Is that you!??!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I would run for President of the U.S. on a platform of legalized weed, prostitution and renting the state of Montana to the Jews so they could leave Israel.

I don't anticipate a huge number of votes.

Ron Paul???

Is that you!??!

Actually I'm only a bit of a libertarian. I think they go too far with their ideaology. I only support Ron Paul because the other GOP candidates are so distasteful to me. I wouldn't vote for him in an election.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in prayer. I don't understand the point or purpose. The Christian God of the bible is believed to be omniscient, therefore I view prayer as begging God to change his mind, since basically the outcome is already fixed. And so if he does change his mind and your prayers are answered, that to me is a little like giving in to a child who begs for candy in the store. And if your prayers are NOT answered? Does that mean your God is "mean" b/c you didn't get your candy?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Assuming that some people would already have figured out that I'm pro-life, I'll leave that one alone. :smile:

So, I'll go with: Leave Michael Vick the heck alone already, PETA. He did bad. He was punished. He served his time. This is where he gets a second chance. If he screws up again, that's different. He deserves to be allowed to continue his career and recieve fair pay, regardless of what his past crimes are.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Serial rapists & people that sexually abuse children should be put to death. Period.

People who prey on the vulnerable (especially children) should not have the luxery of parole or a life sentence. They destroyed a life, it will take a lifetime (if ever) for the victim to recover and that's if they receive the appropriate therapy/counseling.

Partners that are aware their significant other is molesting children (and do NOTHING) should be charged as an accessory and be eligilbe for the death penalty.

I was a court clerk and one case we had the mother was fully aware her boyfriend was molesting her teen daughter AND her 6 y/o...(the youngest had downs syndrome). The mother received NO jail time.

Long story short - she took off w/ one of the victims (left the state) and went back to her ex-husband (who was a convicted child molester). She was arrested on a felony witness tampering warrant, fought extradition and the DA entered into a plea agreement with her...she had to waive extradition in exchange they dismissed ALL charges.

The defendant should’ve been sentenced to the electric chair and the girlfriend should’ve been right on his lap when they threw the switch.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Least controversial: Don't f--k with bears.

Best thing Ive ever read WINNER!!
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on who you ask. :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I believe that America can not be beaten on the battle field, but we lost the war on terror because are citizens are chicken **** and have decided to trade their civil liberties for the illusion of security. We defeat the Facists, Soviets, Imperialists, all to crumble because 4,000 goat herders in the caves of Pakistan/afghanistan scare us. What an emarrassment. We went from a nation who said "Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" to allowing the TSA to molest our grandmothers and children.
    Nice.

I would only rebut that it's our decision makers that are the chicken ****s, and didn't take it to the enemy hard and fast. Our ridiculous rules of engagement have cost so many lives.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have another. If your mommy and daddy sent your pampered *kitten* off to a good 4 year college - you don't get to lecture anybody about "Bootstraps".

You guys know there are 5 applicants for every job right now, right? Lots and lots of very good, decent, hardworking people are having trouble nowadays. And most of them didn't sign some stupid subprime mortgage.

Word.

Do you know my cousins? I have quite a few family members with rich parents who send them to college, Europe, Vegas etc who think that all those jobless people are just lazy and not really trying.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    You receive Welfare = you get drug tested.

I'll go you one better. You need welfare...GET A JOB! You can't afford your lifestyle...SCALE IT BACK! You shouldn't have kids, get married, etc. until you have reached that point in you life that you can take care of yourself and them.

I got married and had a kid when I could afford it... waited until my mid-30s. Didn't stop me from needing Food Stamps and TANF a year and a half later after I'd been laid off and ran out of savings.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have another. If your mommy and daddy sent your pampered *kitten* off to a good 4 year college - you don't get to lecture anybody about "Bootstraps".

You guys know there are 5 applicants for every job right now, right? Lots and lots of very good, decent, hardworking people are having trouble nowadays. And most of them didn't sign some stupid subprime mortgage.

Going to disagree with you in part. Mommy and Daddy sent my daughter's pampered *kitten* off to College. I have no problem with what individual's do for one another. I have a problem with individuals going to the Government with their hand out because they feel thay are in some minority or another and believe the DESERVE a handout.

As for jobs, I have no doubt that it's a b*tch out there. There has always been unemployment. People that are willing to work always seem to find a job. I've been there. I have. If I lost my job today, I would be flipping burgers by the end of the week. Or working for a temp service. Or getting a paper route. Whatever. Problem is, and I hear it all the time, that someone can't take a certain, because it is not up to where they were before.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    You receive Welfare = you get drug tested.

I'll go you one better. You need welfare...GET A JOB! You can't afford your lifestyle...SCALE IT BACK! You shouldn't have kids, get married, etc. until you have reached that point in you life that you can take care of yourself and them.

I got married and had a kid when I could afford it... waited until my mid-30s. Didn't stop me from needing Food Stamps and TANF a year and a half later after I'd been laid off and ran out of savings.

There is an exception to every rule. I'm sorry. Still don't believe in Government handouts. I'm glad you were able to make use of them though.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    What is the one opinion you have that you would say is the most controversial? Don't be afraid - doesn't matter how unconstitutional, unpopular, whatever, that's what makes it fun.

I believe that Jesus is Lord, Savior, and the one true way to connect with God.

~~~Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”~~~ John 14:6-7

...yep that's definitely my most controversial opinion... Especially since I don't prescribe for the "it's true for me but not for you" mentality. Now, I don't go bashing people over the head and say "YOU'RE WRONGGGGGG!!!! aaaahhhhhh!!!" ...BUT since you asked, I figured I would be honest. My most controversial opinion/belief/whatever is that Jesus is real, he died and rose again, and that he offers salvation to everyone who confesses and believes. :flowerforyou:

Can I get an AMEN? Yes. AMEN!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in prayer. I don't understand the point or purpose. The Christian God of the bible is believed to be omniscient, therefore I view prayer as begging God to change his mind, since basically the outcome is already fixed. And so if he does change his mind and your prayers are answered, that to me is a little like giving in to a child who begs for candy in the store. And if your prayers are NOT answered? Does that mean your God is "mean" b/c you didn't get your candy?

This. My cousin who passed away last week was catholic. I remember sitting in the funeral home listening to all the catholic chant prayers in their creepy monotone voices and thinking how ridiculous it all is. My cousin is already dead. No prayer is going to change anything. Was it really God's plan all along to give him a heart attack the morning of his 44th birthday? If so, God is an *kitten*. And if I did believe in all that mumbo jumbo, I certainly wouldn't believe that God was going to send my cousin's soul to hell, but since they sprinkled some holy water on him when he was a baby and since everyone has been praying for his soul since he's passed, he's change his mind. Nonsense.