Phase 1

Options

Replies

• debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one that needs to repeat a week. Looks like I'm going to be repeating week 2. It seems like the week that grades are due is always a complete loss for me. I get up super early in the mornings (like 4am) to work on them, then go and teach all day. By the time I get home (between 4 and 5) I'm wiped out.

Also, I think I need to adjust my expectations on this program. I really liked coming here and logging my meals and exercise and seeing that I was near my calorie goal for the day. It made me feel productive and was a source of pride for me. Now I can log my strength training but I don't get any 'points' for that. I need to realize that not everything is immediately gratifying and that my hard work will pay off in spades later. I just feel out of the loop with my MFP friends, because I don't have much to report.

Thanks for 'listening'. I will try to be more upbeat and positive from here on out. :)

You really do have some long days! I don't understand what you mean about not getting any "points" for logging strength training?? Just remember that if you have a bad day, get back on track the very next day, so that it doesn't turn into alot of bad days! Keep it up, it will pay off!
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    She means not many calories earned since strength training doesn't burn as much as cardio when logging. :) I had a hard time with that, too -- I was used to burning a ton of calories with cycling and spin class and the whole concept of eat more but burn less really was hard for me to do. But it makes sense -- you're not trying to actively lose weight just yet -- just build muscle. And in turn, that means to feed your body more to fuel that growth. It's just a hard thing to convince your brain of that because it flies in the face of everything most of us know about weight loss.

Basically, I just quit looking at the scale much. *shrugs* It's just a number anyway; it doesn't define any of us. It was a really hard concept to wrap my head around, but I know that the payoff will be worth it, even though I've actually gained a few pounds. I can't wait to add regular cardio back into the mix, though.
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    I'm in Phase 1...rest day today. it feels weird not going to the gym...but I have plenty to do around the house and now that just means more shopping time!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Ok I gotcha Steno!! Yes we are in the building stage and this morning I can feel the difference! I can actually feel a little knot on my biceps!! Like it just popped out over night!! Now that will motivate you!! lol

I have one more training day for the week....shoulders and Abs! Trying to decide if I am going to the gym today or tomorrow. Already showered, makeup on and headed out for a day with my daughter getting a pedicure and lunch!
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You nailed it Steno. It's just hard to change your mentality toward weight loss. I'm working on it. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I think I'm going to work on finding some recipes and cook up a storm so that I will be ready for my week. And for the record, my weeks aren't always so crazy. The end of the grading period is always the craziest. Suddenly everyone wants to come to tutoring and get caught up so there's literally an avalanche of makeup work to deal with. My school has adopted a no fail policy so anyone can makeup any work at any time. Since I've gotten used to getting up so early, I'm thinking about going to the gym in the early a.m. next week. At least I would have my workouts done.
  • debwaid
    Options
    Man oh Man! Week 3, Day 15 for me.....LEGS!! Wow, this week was stepped up a notch for sure! I'm gonna be sore when I get over this shakiness that I am feeling right now!! Let's hit it girls!!!

9692197.png
  • Missa1350
    Options
    Hello everyone! I think I found the right thread now LOL. Again, I'm pretty new to MFP and Jamie Eason's program. I started the '12 Week Burning the Fat Program' on Feb. 27th...and I'm still going strong in week 3. I definitely will post before/after pics from this program...then I'll move onto JEason's next program - LiveFIT =)

Start weight: 164
    12 wk Goal Weight: 152
    Overall Goal Weight: 130

Is everyone here doing the the LiveFIT? Has anyone done the '12 Week Burning the Fat'?

Thanks for letting me join in on the group! =)
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Hello everyone! I think I found the right thread now LOL. Again, I'm pretty new to MFP and Jamie Eason's program. I started the '12 Week Burning the Fat Program' on Feb. 27th...and I'm still going strong in week 3. I definitely will post before/after pics from this program...then I'll move onto JEason's next program - LiveFIT =)

Is everyone here doing the the LiveFIT? Has anyone done the '12 Week Burning the Fat'?

It's our pleasure having you as part of the group:flowerforyou:
    Please feel free to post as often as possible, we love hearing feedback.
    Does Jamie Eason have more than one program??
  • debwaid
    Options

So you are doing a different program, then onto the LiveFIT. Cool, please share what the 12 week Fat Burning Program is and where did you hear about it??
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of week 2....I also feel a little lazy because I used to spend more time at the gym...it takes a little getting used to....but I can feel a difference. I definitely look more toned and can actually see muscle now!
  • debwaid
    Options
    I know me too! Well, once you start Week 3, it will take a little longer and it will be more intense too!
  • debwaid
    Options
    So some of us in Phase 1, should be ready to start Phase 2 tomorrow. I am wondering about your results?? Please share!
    This will be last week in Phase 1 and I can see some muscle definition for sure. Not sure about weight since TOM is right around the corner!!

Anxiously waiting to hear some good stuff!!
  • stenochick0417
    Options
    Well, I started phase 2 today -- ouch! I rearranged the workouts a bit -- my hubby likes to do legs with me on Sundays, so I actually start the week with that -- lemme tell ya -- my legs were JELLO by the time I was done and it was only a 35 minute workout! (Means I'm doing it right, so says the hubby) ;) I'm really really happy that we get to do cardio again -- the weather is nice now and I'm a big cyclist, so I'm going to try to do cardio in the evenings after I get off work. I AM NOT a morning cardio person. I can do weights, but not cardio. So, weights in the morning and cardio after work for me.

As far as results, my arms have some definition going on -- I was driving the other day and felt a tricep bump (I think -- back of my arms) and thought, well, heck I'm doing something right! I'll be excited to see what I've got under the fat layer, plus I like actually seeing results. Even though the scale is slow to move, that's okay with me if my clothing starts fitting better and I'm reshaping my body. The rest will come in time.

Another result (obviously) is gaining strength. If someone would have told me a month ago that I could do 90 pounds on calf raises or 100 pounds on the leg press, I'd have laughed. I did both today and it felt great! :)

So, in looking at phase two and filling out my workout log for the week -- looks like we got our work cut out for us. But, it'll be worth it. I'm really liking weight lifting, much more than I ever thought I would.
  • debwaid
    Options
    Well, I started phase 2 today -- ouch! I rearranged the workouts a bit -- my hubby likes to do legs with me on Sundays, so I actually start the week with that -- lemme tell ya -- my legs were JELLO by the time I was done and it was only a 35 minute workout! (Means I'm doing it right, so says the hubby) ;) I'm really really happy that we get to do cardio again -- the weather is nice now and I'm a big cyclist, so I'm going to try to do cardio in the evenings after I get off work. I AM NOT a morning cardio person. I can do weights, but not cardio. So, weights in the morning and cardio after work for me.

As far as results, my arms have some definition going on -- I was driving the other day and felt a tricep bump (I think -- back of my arms) and thought, well, heck I'm doing something right! I'll be excited to see what I've got under the fat layer, plus I like actually seeing results. Even though the scale is slow to move, that's okay with me if my clothing starts fitting better and I'm reshaping my body. The rest will come in time.

Another result (obviously) is gaining strength. If someone would have told me a month ago that I could do 90 pounds on calf raises or 100 pounds on the leg press, I'd have laughed. I did both today and it felt great! :)

So, in looking at phase two and filling out my workout log for the week -- looks like we got our work cut out for us. But, it'll be worth it. I'm really liking weight lifting, much more than I ever thought I would.

So glad to hear this!! I am loving the weigh lifting too! Starting to see some muscle definition as well! This is my last week in Phase 1. Keep up the great job and keep us posted please!!
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    Today was Phase I...week 3 day 17 chest and triceps...my legs are STILL sore from Monday! Hopefully I'll be able to do tomorrow's leg workout!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Today was Phase I...week 3 day 17 chest and triceps...my legs are STILL sore from Monday! Hopefully I'll be able to do tomorrow's leg workout!
    Mine were too! Just work through it tomorrow! You will really feel the muscles you worked out! A good feeling too!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Results from Phase 1

2-29-12 3-25-12
    Weight 176 176.6
    Neck 13.5 13.5
    Chest 40.5 40.25
    Rt. arm 12 11.5
    Left arm 12 11.75
    Natural waist 33 32.5
    Abs/Hips 41 40.25
    Belly Button 40 37
    Rt thigh 24.5 24
    Left thigh 24.5 24.25
    Rt. calf 14 14
    Left calf 14.5 14.5

Total of 6 inches!! Of course, I'd like to have seen the scale go down too! I am happy with the results though! I'm really gonna give it my all in Phase 2
  • stenochick0417
    Options
    I didn't check inches. . . the scale did not budge at all. Matter of fact, I gained a few pounds. Not sure if I was eating too much or what. I'm noticing it's a fine line between enough and too little. :\ It's a numbers game I guess as far as calories go. I have week 2 of phase 2 starting tomorrow and looking forward to it! :)
  • debwaid
    Options
    I didn't check inches. . . the scale did not budge at all. Matter of fact, I gained a few pounds. Not sure if I was eating too much or what. I'm noticing it's a fine line between enough and too little. :\ It's a numbers game I guess as far as calories go. I have week 2 of phase 2 starting tomorrow and looking forward to it! :)
    Not too late to measure now!!! I am so glad I did because I would've been totally bummed! I am looking forward to Phase 2 too!!
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I started phase 1 today and it was great! The only thing is, I gotta get used to this whole no cardio thing. I kinda was like, "that's it?" LOL So I'm realllly looking forward to cardio again....