Phase 1

Options

Replies

• stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree -- I was done in about 30 minutes and felt guilty for being done so quick. It's nice adding cardio back in. For me, it's not so much the burn, but I *feel* better when I do cardio. It'll be nice to see some fat melt off, too. I know I got some muscles under here somewhere. . . .
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I agree -- I was done in about 30 minutes and felt guilty for being done so quick. It's nice adding cardio back in. For me, it's not so much the burn, but I *feel* better when I do cardio. It'll be nice to see some fat melt off, too. I know I got some muscles under here somewhere. . . .
    I hear ya! I have started to see some muscles though!! Feel them too! And that is a good feeling!!! I am sooo ready to have some fat melt off!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know...
    I'm in week 1 of phase 2 and am just now getting around to measuring myself. I did lose several inches!! At least 6 all together throughout the body :smile:
    I also just toned up and have more definition... However I did not lose any weight at all! Just a heads up.

Anyway... I hope everyone is doing good! :flowerforyou:
  • debwaid
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know...
    I'm in week 1 of phase 2 and am just now getting around to measuring myself. I did lose several inches!! At least 6 all together throughout the body :smile:
    I also just toned up and have more definition... However I did not lose any weight at all! Just a heads up.

Anyway... I hope everyone is doing good! :flowerforyou:

Good for you!!!
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    Phase 1 week 4....did 2 workouts today because I couldn't get to the gym yesterday. Did back/biceps and tri/chest today. I will take measurements and weigh in this weekend....a little nervous about it!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Phase 1 week 4....did 2 workouts today because I couldn't get to the gym yesterday. Did back/biceps and tri/chest today. I will take measurements and weigh in this weekend....a little nervous about it!
    You're gonna be fine!! I was nervous too. I didn't lose any weight but a good amount of inches!!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options

I've had to double up the workouts too before. I think it's better than skipping it for sure.
    I'm excited to hear about your progress. I was very happy when I saw I lost inches, especially since I haven't lost weight.:smile:
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    Sooooo...I did not work out yesterday....was supposed to do my legs. I had so much running around town, with things to do, people to see, did not have a chance to hit the gym. I work all day today, so I'm not sure about that either. I'm off work tomorrow, so I will have to really make myself go.

How do you guys motivate yourself to keep going to the gym?
  • debwaid
    Options
    Sooooo...I did not work out yesterday....was supposed to do my legs. I had so much running around town, with things to do, people to see, did not have a chance to hit the gym. I work all day today, so I'm not sure about that either. I'm off work tomorrow, so I will have to really make myself go.

I admit some days it is very hard! I don't know too many people here in NC since I am still fairly new here. I can't really get my hubby to go with me, although I keep trying! I just tell myself that I will feel better after I go to the gym, and go! It does help that I have been able to see some muscle tone, and I know I am getting stronger. Up until today, I hadn't really lost any weight in almost a month but this week I decided to really focus on Jamie's plan, especially the nutrition and I dropped 2 lbs since my Sunday weigh in!

Even though, I don't have anyone here to go with me, push me, motivate me....I do have a bunch of great motivating ladies on MFP. It really helps that Meg is on the exact Phase, week and day with me! Good luck!!
  • FlTGlRL
    Options

It's hard sometimes! Especially as time goes on...Phase 2 has been hard for me for some reason I guess because the workouts take longer and because it's not as fun and new as it was during the first month. I try my hardest to get my butt out and to the gym.
    If I don't though, I start that week over..I've done that a couple of times from missing so many days during 1 week, that works pretty good. Also, lastly...log on here each day. Having this group is a really big motivator for me, post you thoughts/progress, that might help motivate you. Good luck girl, you can do this!
  • debwaid
    Options

Also, lastly...log on here each day. Having this group is a really big motivator for me, post you thoughts/progress, that might help motivate you. Good luck girl, you can do this!
    I agree 100% with that Crystal! If I didn't have the motivation and support from you ladies and other MFP friends, this would be so much harder! You can do it!! We can do it!!
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    Went to the gym today, and did my legs and shoulders/abs workout today. Today was the last day of Phase I....start Phase II next week!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Went to the gym today, and did my legs and shoulders/abs workout today. Today was the last day of Phase I....start Phase II next week!
    Awesome!! I saw your exercise diary...WOW burn em up!!
  • DEGiltz
    DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I just started this program yesterday, but am very excited about doing it. Yesterday was my first day at the gym; my arms are feeling it this morning.

One thing I noticed yesterday that was kind of weird was that I felt hungry every couple of hours right before it was time for another meal which was a surprise because I felt like I was eating all day long.

Excited to hit the gym today!
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    Got on the scale after a one month hiatus, and no pounds lost. :-( I have not taken measurements yet. Will do that later today. And test my body fat percentage. I'm hoping I lost some inches!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Got on the scale after a one month hiatus, and no pounds lost. :-( I have not taken measurements yet. Will do that later today. And test my body fat percentage. I'm hoping I lost some inches!
    I didn't lose any pounds either, in fact I gained a teeny bit! But I did lose inches!
  • debwaid
    Options
    I just started this program yesterday, but am very excited about doing it. Yesterday was my first day at the gym; my arms are feeling it this morning.

One thing I noticed yesterday that was kind of weird was that I felt hungry every couple of hours right before it was time for another meal which was a surprise because I felt like I was eating all day long.

Excited to hit the gym today!
    Good for you! I think this program is great! Just what I needed to get on track. I didn't lose any weight during Phase 1, but I lost inches so be sure to measure and don't get discouraged if the scale isn't going down! I start my second week of Phase 2 tomorrow....lost just under 3 pounds this past week! Please share your success' and feel free to ask any questions! Good luck!
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    So, I took measurements today, and I'm not showing any inches lost! I'm so beyond frustrated right now....I don't know if I measured in the exact spots as last time. I had a timeline to lose all of this extra weight before my husband gets back from his deployment, and now I only have half the time left.

I'm going to push through and go onto Phase 2 and hopefully adding cardio will help?
  • FlTGlRL
    Options
    So, I took measurements today, and I'm not showing any inches lost! I'm so beyond frustrated right now....I don't know if I measured in the exact spots as last time. I had a timeline to lose all of this extra weight before my husband gets back from his deployment, and now I only have half the time left.

I'm going to push through and go onto Phase 2 and hopefully adding cardio will help?

Yea, since you are cramped for time I say go for it. I have to tell you though in (Phase 1, week 3) I measured myself and it looked as though I hadn't lost inches at all but than by (Phase 2, week 1), which was only about 2 weeks later, I had lost over 6 inches all over....so I you really start to lose towards the end of phase one and beginning of phase 2. So keep at it, but if you want to jump to phase 2, I say go for it.

Keep me posted on what you end up doing.
  • debwaid
    Options

Go for it! I dropped almost 3 pounds the first week in Phase 2