Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    you're in, heather!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    remember, for the 7-week challenge, the "work" you are doing is SUPPOSED to be "in addition" to whatever other exercise you are completing and whatever other nutrition-goals you have set for yourself.

It should be a *fun* challenge, but it should ALSO be a "group" challenge....if you don't succeed, the group can't succeed (in the end) - so GO KILL IT, LADIES!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    7-WEEK CHALLENGE UPDATE:

Date: Nov. 13, 2012
    Handle of Participant Exercise Point(s) to Me Point(s) to NEW
    Jessica 1274 Push-up progress
    Beeps2011 Push-up progress
    Jennie04 Unassisted pull-up progress
    Emgel9 UNDECLARED
    Manic4titans Regular gym attendance
    Samntha Push-up progress
    Suelegal UNDECLARED
    Chubbycowgirl Push-up progress
    Kmsairam UNDECLARED
    Agent99oz UNDECLARED
    AprilRenewed Push-up progress
    Mermegan Wall climb progress

(i'll need to figure out how to post "tables" to make this work.)

I am working on posture in addition to NROL4W, adn doing extra exercises that help lower and upper back and shoulder and core.
  • suelegal
    Options
    I started Stage 2 all over again yesterday morning. I went down in weight from Stage 1 but it really felt great to do a full workout! Man those planks just about killed me!!!! My core is not as strong as I thought it was!

Tomorrow, B with the trainer! I really like him, he keeps me honest, pushes me just enough to make me work and has made some suggestions to help me improve. He suggested not leaving time between the superset exercises. It makes them a bit harder, but I can feel the difference! I'm going to incorporate at least for now!

Not much else going on with me. My commute to the city yesterday was just plain ugly. An hour to the park & ride and 4 hours to Port Authority - yes, you heard right... My tiny bladder was about to burst by the time we got there!!! I've never seen a line in a men's room especially there but it wrapped around the corner and down the corrider longer than any women's room line I've ever stood in. I work 1 block from the bus terminal so I dashed up to the office rather than waiting on the women's line which was equally as long!

Trains have started up on mostly regular schedule as of tomorrow so I'm hoping I"ll be back on my regular schedule. I really hate driving in rush hour!!!
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    7-WEEK CHALLENGE UPDATE:

Date: Nov. 13, 2012
    Handle of Participant Exercise Point(s) to Me Point(s) to NEW
    Jessica 1274 Push-up progress
    Beeps2011 Push-up progress
    Jennie04 Unassisted pull-up progress
    Emgel9 UNDECLARED
    Manic4titans Regular gym attendance
    Samntha Push-up progress
    Suelegal UNDECLARED
    Chubbycowgirl Push-up progress
    Kmsairam UNDECLARED
    Agent99oz UNDECLARED
    AprilRenewed Push-up progress
    Mermegan Wall climb progress

(i'll need to figure out how to post "tables" to make this work.)

Ok plank it is! - count me in too. x
  • suelegal
    Options
    Can I just yell from the rooftops here.... I HATE SPLIT LEG EXERCISES!!!!!

Ok ok, I know they are effective, and if they weren't working I wouldn't hate them so much but dammit I am back to body weight with these things in Stage 2 - al of them. Not only have I lost strength but my balance just sux!!! I used freakin' BARBIE weights on the reverse lunge today. :embarassed:

But I have to tell you I am so glad to be working out on a regular basis again! Makes my world so much more "normal" Oh and no DOMS yesterday, though I do have some owie muscles, but not the OMG I can't move DOMS. Tomorrow though I think I will be more sore, I'm already feeling it in my triceps and traps!

I will do 2 sets of my 4 posture exercises tonight, Friday, and Sunday.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I started Stage 2 today! HOLY MOLY that stuff is HARD! I had to go WAY down in weight on some stuff - but it was just the first workout! Also, where am I supposed to feel the horizontal wood chop? Like in what muscles?

Beeps, I am ready to declare my it is almost 2013 challenge: push ups! I want to do 15 real ones without wussing out and not going all the way down.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sue, don't feel bad. The balance exercises in stage 2 are hard. And the book recommends using light weights for the reverse lunges, so you are fine. I started with heavy weights for that exercise but had to drop them down. I felt better about dropping after I read that part in the book. :-)
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Stage 3 FAIL today: didn't get up for my early morning workout (in my defense, getting over a cold). Decided to go at lunch time, but didn't have nearly enough time to do the entire workout because I had to pick up my daughter from daycare. Only did 1 set of YTWLs and skipped all of the ab stuff. Was not crazy about this workout, I must say. I love the deadlift/row thingy, but back extension, ytwl, single leg squat....meh.

Emgel - congrats on starting stage 2. I felt the wood chops in my core. I started off too light -- maybe you did too? I say up your weights woman!! I actually liked this one.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    emgel - I've recorded "push-up progress" as your 7-WEEK CHALLENGE exercise.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Update on the progress I'm making with my "cut":

Maybe the last 10 lbs. are the hardest to lose - traditionally that is true (for me).

But, for some reason, my body is on some kind of "kick", and I'm lapping it up!

The first month of my "cut" didn't result in much weight loss....around 4 lbs.

But, this month, I'm already at 7 lbs lost - and this was while I was NOT able to get to the gym for a 9-day stretch!

I believe ALL of my success has been tied to the change in my nutrition plan....the introduction of a daily "eating window", plus one fast day per week (although I didn't get one in, this week) has resulted in my body, FINALLY, recognizing what it is supposed to be doing.

Today I weighed in at 153.8 lbs. On Sept. 19th I weighed in at 164.8 lbs.

I think I want to be in the low 140s, but once I get there, I may decide to get lower.

ONLY NOW AM I STARTING TO NOTICE A CHANGE IN THE WAY MY CLOTHES ARE FITTING.

The good thing about being tall - I can put on 10 lbs and NOBODY notices. The bad thing about being tall - I can drop 10 lbs and NOBODY notices, lol. Dropping the weight hasn't resulted in "my pants falling off me" or anything like that.

But, there's no more muffin top, frankly, in anything I wear. And, some clothes are starting to feel "baggy". So, I think I'm on my way to some (permanent) transition!

I do hope to complete my cut by end-of-December, but if it ends up being January/February, 2013, so be it. I'm in the groove, now, and I'd really like to cross this (body fat loss) OFF my list as 2012 blends into 2013.

So, remember, I'm lifting HEAVY while doing this cut, so that the poundage being lost is "fat" and NOT "muscle". But, also recognize I'm not setting any PR's or anything (anymore) in the gym. Just trying to hold my own....and, I've been working out "fasted" for about the last 5 weeks (maybe 6?) and it's been fine, for me.

I *know* winter is supposed to be for "bulking" and spring is supposed to be for "cutting", but, heck, I've been a non-conformist most of my life, so why change now???

lol

GO KILL IT, LADIES!
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS! Probably booking a February vacation this week with two other couples somewhere in the Caribbean.

This is the incentive I needed to start food journaling again. I want to get down to at least my honeymoon weight.

I've really slacked on that. Still working out (just finished stage 3!) and looking forward to finishing the program. I've been taking a week off between stages, and so i probably couldn't do that and finish everything before we leave, but I think a goal of finishing stage 6 before we go is doable.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Something weird has happened to my computer (at work) where I view mfp....it now just appears as "text only" and is very lame to navigate.

:(

My other "chat forums" seem fine, so don't know what happened - but I presume it's in the firewall system.

Lame.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    SARgirl - I may be chiming in a bit late, but I would just start on Stage 3.

Sue - glad you are liking your trainer. Don't worry about having to go down in weights - all that balancing takes a lot of muscle work in an of itself.

Beeps - for the challenge table, maybe it would be easier to create a google doc and just share the link so we can see it that way. I've been in other challenges that have done that. That's weird about your computer too.

Mary - hope things settle down for you soon and you can get back to the gym.

Jessica - Awesome NSV!!!! So great when clothes that were too small actually fit!

Sam - Get to work!!!!!! This time of year is difficult because there is so much going on, but don't forget about making time for yourself.

Sorry I've been MIA. We went camping this last weekend and I took Monday off since the kids didn't have school, then you know, work gets busy, was out of town yesterday for work, etc. Lots going on. I'm progressing well in SL so far, but thinking I need to get the fractional plates becuase it's starting to get harder. Yesterday's workout was this

squat - 100
    ohp - 60
    deadlift - 120

Tomorrow's workout will be
    squat - 105
    bench - 65
    row - 85 (this is the one that's really getting difficult!)

I've been really lazy about my cardio workouts and my eating. I've got to get back on track. I went back and evaluated what I was doing when I was actually losing weight and it was during stage 2 when the intervals were part of the workout. So, I'm going to be adding back in the intervals and also adding in some of the Stage 6 exercises to help with my pull ups. Hoping this works to get this last 15 lbs off (was 10 lbs when I started back in March!!).

For those that are doing IF (or some version of it), I'm really thinking I like the idea, but I workout at 5 am and would prefer to wait until noon to eat. Some days it's hard because I'm really hungry in the morning (like now), any idea if it's OK to do it this way?
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options

For those that are doing IF (or some version of it), I'm really thinking I like the idea, but I workout at 5 am and would prefer to wait until noon to eat. Some days it's hard because I'm really hungry in the morning (like now), any idea if it's OK to do it this way?

I do IF and I don't see why not. Train fasted, then break it at 12. You might consider taking BCAAs though. Here's some info:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/05/early-morning-fasted-training.html

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

I really love IF! It has been the biggest thing keeping me on track with calories. Let us know how it goes if you give it a shot!
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Thanks, Megan!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    SARgirl - I may be chiming in a bit late, but I would just start on Stage 3.

Sue - glad you are liking your trainer. Don't worry about having to go down in weights - all that balancing takes a lot of muscle work in an of itself.

Beeps - for the challenge table, maybe it would be easier to create a google doc and just share the link so we can see it that way. I've been in other challenges that have done that. That's weird about your computer too.

Mary - hope things settle down for you soon and you can get back to the gym.

Jessica - Awesome NSV!!!! So great when clothes that were too small actually fit!

Sam - Get to work!!!!!! This time of year is difficult because there is so much going on, but don't forget about making time for yourself.
    Ditto to everything Jennie said lol

Sue I feel your pain with the traffic. I've been late to work three days running and I've left 10 minutes earlier than he day before each consecutive day. I CAN'T WIN!!! The timing on the lights is WAY OFF. I used the interstate today and I was still late because the Holland had a 40 min backup onto the skyway where I get off GRRRRRRRR. Get teh trains moving please so some of these people get off my road lol

Beeps, loved your progress post. Way to go girl!!

Jennie, thanks for the kick in the butt. I'm doing much better this week. Lifting Tuesday, Zumba WEdnesday and plan to lift Friday and Sunday. Back in the saddle.

I can't wait for phase 2 in NROL4 ABS and get back to heavy lifting. I really feel like I'm losing definition and I didn't have all that much to start. I finished NROL4W in the beginning of October. My weight is good though and I;m eating less because of the less intense/shorter workouts. I like that he encourages variety in your physical activity in this series."Put down the electronics and step away from the TV and Move a little everyday." I had to put my weights back to where I started after almost 2 full weeks off, but I was able to do all of the sets this time :) However, I only eeked out 10 push ups :(
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    There are 22 posts. Where is the new thread lol
  • jenniet04
    Options
    roll
  • jenniet04
    Options
    over