Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    emgel - way to go on the push-ups and for getting to 2B. I really liked the BSS once I had my form right. I had to get my food in "just" the right position though. I also ended up using a plate instead of dumbbells and I liked it much better. Re: flexion - don't know. The only move I ever did was the sideways sit-up.

April - I want to hear how IF went this weekend. Did you try it?

livlovra - Good luck - you CAN do it. Get thee to the gym!

Jessica - sorry you had a bad week. We've all been there. Just don't give up. Every day is a new day (not to sound cliche) and a chance to do better.

Brie - hi. Good luck finishing up Stage 1. You're so close!

As for me, I lost THREE -- count 'em three -- pounds this week. I am still in shock. It may have just been time, since I had plateaued for a few weeks. But also I ran more (I will take my points for the 7-week challenge) and I started IF over the weekend. I'm not sure how long I can sustain IF, but I will try it for a week (a huge part of it is just psychological and wanting to eat with my family). I bought some BCAA powder at GNC and that plus coffee is getting me through the morning. Anyhoo, I am stoked to be a tenth of a pound away from the 160s!!! Haven't been this weight for about 5 years.

Beeps - not sure if I ever clarified my challenge, but it was to start seriously training for my 1/2 marathon in March. It will require me running 3-4 days/week. I will personally be happy with 3, but know I'll be much stronger and prepared if I run 4 days.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    things have been crazy here. I have been reading, just not posting.

thank you all for the IF conversation. I am playing around with the idea of a 10 hour window. I like the idea of my calories shoved into a smaller time to eat. Like the idea of not feeling compelled to eat breakfast because it is the *right* thing to do. I enjoy lunch, 'cause all the kids are at school by then, and it would just make dinner easier for me with my family. I need to look into BCAA's...and their importance again. unless anyone wants to give me a crash course. lol

It looks like I only have 5 more workouts until I am done with stage one. I only made it to the gym last week once. and did not do my weekend run. I signed up to *run* an 8K a little over a week ago and really pushed myself through it. First time I had participated in one and was probably not as ready as I could have been. I did it, in awesome time for me, but paid with some sore shins that are finally, 9 days later, feeling better.

Hope to be here more often...
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Jennie04
    manic4titans
    Samntha
    Suelegal
    Chubbycowgirl
    kmsairam
    Agent99oz
    mermegan
    heatheralia
    livlovra
    brie bear

Would the above posters PLEASE report in as to whether Week 1 in the 7-WEEK-CHALLENGE point went to "ME" or to "NEW"?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    So far, only 4 persons have reported in (including myself - my point went to "ME") and it is a 2-2 tie!

I'm hoping that suelegal and Agent99oz will also "declare" what their "challenge" is??
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    kmsai - congrats on the WEIGHT LOSS! I think that is *awesome*!

I've got some weird 'pinch' going on in my left hip! I'm still going to go weight-train, today....if it really bothers me, I'll dial down the weights. It only seems to 'pinch' when I walk, actually. Ugh.

Remember, we are NOW into "Week 2" of the SEVEN-WEEK-CHALLENGE, so go out there and get in your (extra) exercise!

New Year's is 6 weeks away....which means Xmas is only 5 WEEKS AWAY!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    kmsai - Awesome! Congrats on your loss! I think I may have lost a bit myself, but I don't weigh myself. However, I know for a fact my thighs are a bit smaller.

I am on day 3 of IF, and honestly, this works so well for me! I usually am hungry in the mornings, but the hunger doesn't last long. I do not workout fasted because it doesn't fit with my schedule at all. But doing this makes me feel so less guilty about eating dinner so late (my family always eats around 7pm), and I love being able to have my late night snacks without thinking that I'm doing something awful or committing a huge no-no.

How about you, kmsai?
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Point goes to ME this week for my pull ups work.

I did all right with the IF on Th/F last week, but I was starving each morning, even with a protein shake. This weekend I blew it eating breakfast with the family. This week is going to be crazy, but I will try to keep it going. We are leaving tomorrow evening on a 500 mile drive to my mom's for Thanksgiving. My brother lives just over half way there, so we are stopping at his place for the night, but it'll be late. Then being at mom's for the week could prove to be difficult to stick with any plans, eating or exercise.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Did my 2nd Stage 2 B workout today. I have an angry left hamstring and I'm really feeling it doing those split leg squats. The reverse lunge was really good today and I will def go up in weight on that next week. I also went up to 55 with WGDL and up to 50 (I think) on the reverse grip lat pull downs.

Point to me for my posture exercises! I like that I can do at least some of them sitting in my office! I actually have found 10 vids by the same woman using swissballs working traps lats rhoms and delts! More challenging than you'd expect!

Congrats to you Km and Beeps on the great weight loss! I'm envious, I really want to press to lose the weight right now, but I know I'll do better if I work on muscle now and cut after I finish NROL4W! I'm taking notes!!!
  • suelegal
    Options
    kmsai - congrats on the WEIGHT LOSS! I think that is *awesome*!

I've got some weird 'pinch' going on in my left hip! I'm still going to go weight-train, today....if it really bothers me, I'll dial down the weights. It only seems to 'pinch' when I walk, actually. Ugh.

Remember, we are NOW into "Week 2" of the SEVEN-WEEK-CHALLENGE, so go out there and get in your (extra) exercise!

New Year's is 6 weeks away....which means Xmas is only 5 WEEKS AWAY!

Beeps, I did declare. I'm doing posture exercises - I've found a full series of exercise ball with and without weights and resistance bands that I am rotating out daily. Is this ok or do I need to declare something more standard - I could certainly do pushups or planks, both are huges challenges to me.
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So far, only 4 persons have reported in (including myself - my point went to "ME") and it is a 2-2 tie!

I'm hoping that suelegal and Agent99oz will also "declare" what their "challenge" is??

Week 1 - NEW
    Damn

Ok well I did try but seem to have made no progression
    Plank today was back on the floor where last week I was on the swiss ball, ok for only 30s but I gave it a go!
    Must try harder this week.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    K, CONGRATS on the loss! Who care what it is from- it is a LOSS! I really think IF is what got me over my plateau.

Week 1: NEW :( Read that as NOT ANY WORK. I cannot seem to cram any workouts into all the other things I need to do. Gonna just try to do some push-ups and squats this evening. I have GOT to join the gym this week. I'm going to have to go down on weights at this point.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sue, I'm totally fine with "posture exercises".
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    [edited - see chart below]
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I just spent 20 minutes on flickr, without success.

The chart shows that "4" points went to "ME" during the first week of the 7-WEEK-CHALLENGE, and "4" points went to "NEW".

Let's see what happens when the remainder of the participants report - and let's go KILL IT during WEEK 2 of the 7-WEEK-CHALLENGE!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    20121119.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ok, flickr sucks, but photobucket will take it! I'll work on the size/shape of the chart.

ladies, get your "report" in for 7-WEEK-CHALLENGE!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I know it's not Sunday, but I did 2/A today and was able to crank out 20 pushups even tired after the first few lifts!! I couldn't do 20 for the next set, but...I impressed myself because my arms were already tired, and 15 is usually my max. AND I was exhausted today. Yet the workout was great!
  • suelegal
    Options
    K, CONGRATS on the loss! Who care what it is from- it is a LOSS! I really think IF is what got me over my plateau.

Week 1: NEW :( Read that as NOT ANY WORK. I cannot seem to cram any workouts into all the other things I need to do. Gonna just try to do some push-ups and squats this evening. I have GOT to join the gym this week. I'm going to have to go down on weights at this point.

CC, I really thought I would be happier working the program at home, but I gotta tell you, I'm tickled with the gym. I'm still working iwth the trainer. I signed up for 10 sessions. I don't use them every time I work out, although I'm pretty lucky. He comes over and helps me even when we aren't in a session. I was really intimidated the first few times I went but not so much anymore. And I'm finding my way around the gym now so it's not so overwhelming either.
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    One point for me! I upped my time on both my regular planks and side planks by 15 seconds. Not a major increase- but an increase just the same. :smile:
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give myself the point - as I started seriously on the challenge this past week and ran a total of 92 minutes, including HIIT. I'm sorry mine is not lifting related, but I was stressing about getting started with this training (I keep putting it off) and this is actually keeping me in line. So thank you! To stay on track, I MUST run tomorrow. I don't usually do anything on Tuesdays, so we'll see what happens...