Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    hiya gang!

Beeps I'm glad you don't have to go out of town! That's such a tiring process. Our trials are few and far between but they usually last a few months and are NEVER nearby.

G I felt the same when when I started Stage 2. I still feel like I should be further along than I am, like you said, you get to feel like superwoman because you can get the weights up high. These lifts don't lend themselves to really big weights and I want to see triple digits like I did with Stage 1

I went to the gym this morning, but had not even a second of wiggle room, since i had to be in the office early. I knew i wouldn't finish all of my last Stage 2A workout today so I opted to do some extra leg exercises instead. I used the hack squat rack for the first time ever. 50 lbs, 12 squats 4 reps - middle 4 on the slow count, OMG! Then I did quads and hams the same way with 90#. Then I did 20 on the elliptical and the timer went off. It felt great to change it up a little bit!

Cowgirl, maybe ask someone to watch you? My trainer stood behind me and repositioned my arms as I pulled. Made a huge difference! Hope that heals up quick!

Liv, sounds like you might have needed that rest. II'm up about the same actually, 3.5 pounds and I too am not happy. But I keep reminding myself that I'm not cutting yet, I'm building. I don't want to freak out and not eat enough to build muscles, but I agree, it's depressing!

My point will be for me too this week. I do the chest pops and extensions all day long, even without the swiss ball. It's really made me more aware of how I sit and when I am slouching.

Yea tomorrow is FRIDAY!! This week seemed to last forever!!!! Hope you all have a great evening!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I had a HORRIBLE day, diet-wise yesterday - not gonna lie. Ugh. HORRIBLE.

Anyway, today I will go to the gym. I am desperately trying to 'stay on track' and not do any more "sabotage". I have promised myself a decent weekend with a calorie-deficit every day. And, I'm going to go to bed "early", even if it just means reading in bed, to eliminate ANYMORE pantry raids.

AWFUL.
  • suelegal
    Options
    Beeps, I think you are truly awesome and I bet your horrible day wasn't as bad as it seems to you! I love your motivation, you inspire me to do better and want better for myself! I know you have some goals you are striving for,, but I think you sound like me, and are way more critical of yourself than anyone else every could or would be. I'm sure you hold youself to very stringent standards, but I hope you give yourself room to breathe!

We're all just humans, and can't possibly do everything perfectly every day. That said, recongnizing error is the first part of correction.

Rock it girl! You've got this!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sue, it sounds like you are killing it! Great job fitting a workout in even though you didn't have enough time. If I think I won't have time, I usually just blow it off. And that's why I don't get the results that I want :) I think you're right about having someone watch me. My gym has a special for 3 sessions with a personal trainer so I might just sign up for that and have her guide me on form.

Beeps, we all have bad days. Suck it up and make today better!!!!

I've been having some issues sticking to my 8 hour eating window this week. I don't know why, but I've been getting hungry at night. I think since I'm lifting again, my body is wanting to eat more. Oh, and I'm officially addicted to Starbuck's Cranberry Bliss Bars. Seriously. There's a Starbucks 4 miles from our house and if I am even close to it, my mouth waters thinking about them. I will be glad when they no longer offer them. Needless to say, my diet has been less than stellar. I'm staying within my deficit, but it's not really a healthy deficit.
    Trap muscle feels better today. Hubby worked some osteopathic magic on it last night.

I took some progress pictures a few days ago. It's been about 2 1/2 months since I've taken any. Comparing my pictures from the start of the program until now is very motivating. The most noticeable difference is in my backside. My back, butt, shoulders, and waist are so defined now. I don't have any rolls and I'm getting the lovely V shape. Yay for lifting!!!
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    To whoever was commenting about IF: I've been doing it for a few weeks and it's working well. Before, I would have a caloric deficit of around 400+ calories/day and lose nothing. Maybe I was hitting a plateau. Anyway, the past two weeks, I've been losing steadily according to my caloric deficit that Body Media records. I feel like I am finally getting somewhere.

Someone told me once that when you take a rest week (or two) from lifting, your body lets go of water it's retaining from the stresses of weight training. Maybe there's something to it. Switching things up can kick start a plateau anyways. Platueing is one sign that it's time for a rest week anyways.

Good luck.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    alright girls, I went and KILLED IT AT THE GYM! (Thanks, Sue and chubby - you MOTIVATED ME!)

I was huffing-and-puffing SO BADLY, that I had to take WAY MORE REST BREAKS THAN THE CIRCUIT PERMITS. Oh well....I DID IT!

I'm down 1 lb from Wednesday's weigh-in. Whew! I can cope with that.

Not sure I'll get to post this weekend, son has a basketball tourney, daughter has ice hockey late Saturday and early Sunday, husband leaves for a trade show (in Florida! the rat....) and we've got "Breakfast with Santa" Sunday morning (put on by my office). So, have a very good weekend! I'll check back in on Monday.

Oh, and to ALL YOU 7-WEEK CHALLENGERS, don't forget to GO KILL IT, because we want to knock NEW on it's *kitten* come Monday's check-in. Go "ME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Beeps I am glad you found your mojo! Have a great weekend!

Cowgirl I have found myself hungrier after taking about a week off and getting back to it this week. But I have a 10hour window so I am not fasting as long as you...I'll not complain. :)

Everyone else kick it in your contest!

I did the workout B from Stage two today and honestly I don't really like it much. I guess I like parts of it but as a whole I am not in love. Apparently I dislike change even more than I realized. lol I will take my frustrations to the Stage two thread though.

Girls night tonight and I am going to enjoy myself. Anymore my goal is to not overeat just 'cause I can but still enjoy myself and try a little of whatever I find interesting. :happy:
  • jody75
    jody75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I fell off the wagon but I'm pleased to say I've gotten back on. I want to be more active in the forum so I'll have a bit more accountability when the new wears off in a couple of weeks. I've done the first two workouts of Stage 1 and I'm feeling on top of the world!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Guess who's back?
    Feeling better and loving phase 2 of abs. My first workout totally kicked my butt. I loved every second of it. I LOVE lifting heavy. I think that if I repeat the series, I'll keep the heavy lifts from phase 2 and do them in phase 1. THe woosy lifting really killed my motivation. I have put myself officially in maintenance and I am no longer logging food. My diet is as good as I plan on making it for the moment... unless I learn to cook or something lol. Strangely enough, I wore my frumpiest clothes to work today and got the most compliments on my weight loss since the beginning of the school year. Weird.
  • suelegal
    Options
    Yea Sam!! I miss your posts here! I'm finding that same feeling in this Stage 2. I am disappointed in my #s, and I feel like I haven't gained much in this stage. Today was my last A, and although I did up most weights, I am disappointed that I did not meet my previous PR on step ups, and still cant do 10 1pts without falling off. It's just plain ugly and I doubt I will do those ever again. I just don't have the balance to do it. I was lower and stronger on my pushups using TRX which is really difficult, let me tell you! I bumped weights 2x on static lunges and surprisingly, I could hold the last plank for 90. The lateral woodchop is stuck @ 30. I tried 40, could move it 2x so I guess that's good.

It was a decent work out but I felt crappy, worn out, and disappointed with it. I just didn't feel like I was working at capacity but couldn't push more than I did. :grumble:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Everyone must be busy this weekend!

Sam, it's good to see you're back!!! Glad that you're not worried about the logging and stress of food. Sounds like you're rocking ABS.
    Jody, keep up the momentum! Glad you're back into lifting. Remember that you WILL be pleased if you stick with it.

Sue, don't get discouraged! When you repeat Stage 2 in Stage 4, I think you'll surprise yourself with how much easier the movements are. You'll probably like Stage 3. It's a totally different type of workout.

I broke my own rule and ate breakfast this morning. I went for a quick jog down the road and came back STARVING. I'll be mad at myself at 7:30 when I want to snack and it's too late....:)
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Point to ME this week. Effort put in even if not massively improved gone from 60s to 70s plank.

Doing S3A3 tomorrow, I can't wait. I really like the A work out. And I really need to kick it as we had our christmas ball on Sat so I drank way way over my calories. Oh well, I did skip the desert and cheese board!

And I did dance for about 2 hours...1st on the dance floor and last off!

Oh and Sue Stage 3 is so much better so stick with it. I am not looking forward to a repeat of stage 2 in stage 4 but at least its much shorter stage than 1.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Point to ME this week.

Sam and Jody - welcome back!

livlov - great way to burn some calories - dancing!

Sue and cowgirl - you girls are rocking it! Great job!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    GREAT JOB 7-WEEK CHALLENGE LADIES!

Unfortunately, I only worked on push-up progress once during week 4, so my point goes to "NEW".

:sad:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    7-WEEK CHALLENGERS:

TODAY starts the beginning of WEEK 5. That's right, there are only 3 WEEKS UNTIL 2013!!

So, get me your results for WEEK 4 - did your point go to "ME" or did your point go to "NEW"?

I'll post results tomorrow.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Glad to see everyone is kicking it :) Sue - you always inspire me!!!

Been a little while since I've been here. Just re-finished Stage 1 yesterday. Started over after a rotator cuff injury that prevented me from lifting for a few months (and caused me to fall off the wagon!). I'm taking a rest week now - light cardio only. I'm shocked at how much stronger I was this time around in Stage 1. I finished my DLs at 175lbs, and Squats at 145lbs!!!! Made me feel pretty bad *kitten* :)

Gotta share, though, that since initially starting NROLW the first time around, the calorie consumption always freaked me out and I ate at a deficit that was lower than the book recommended. This time around, I'm doing it with a Bodymedia FIT and my calorie burns daily are between 2000-2900!!! So I am really eating tons of food, maintaining a 500 cal/day deficit and seeing my strength build and my body reshape faster :)
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    HI Colleen, welcome back. I often wonder if I am not eating enough. But the problem is my weight just isn't shifting. I almost always eat my exercise callories so it fluctuates between 1800 - 1600 for workout and non workout days. No where near the 2000 mark! although there are the odd splurge days. Anyway I did S3A3 today - which I really enjoy and I really pushed it. I had to rush so took almost no breaks and forgot to pack my post exercise shake. I don't want to take it now as I am about to have supper but I can tell you I really feel sore now, 4 hours later which is really unusual for me after a workout. I know I did work hard but usually I don't feel so sore the same day and I really think not having the shake has made all the difference to my recovery. Won't be making that mistake again.

Sucked on the planks today. But upped the woodchop so think I was just dead after so couldn't manage it. Will do some more before bed to make up for it.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I have been MIA for a while, mainly lurking on my phone (too tough to type). I'm finally in Stage 4 (did first B workout today). I noticed that I'm surprisingly much stronger at everything. It actually amazes me. Also I was pressed for time, so I didn't do the deadlift from a box; just a regular deadlift. And I lifted 110 lbs! I'm so excited. I know I can lift more too. Love me some deadlifts!

I think I need to recalculate my calories as well. I haven't done it since starting the program really and I'm 28 lbs lighter. I'm finally in the 160s (ok 169.5, but I'll take it) and that hasn't changed since last week. I'm not unhappy though, because my week included A LOT of homemade cookies. Anyone who can see my diary can attest to that.

As for the challenge, are we really 5 weeks in??? Where have I been? I know the past 2 weeks have gone to NEW. I would have been OK last week if I hadn't gotten sick on Friday. I'm still under the weather a bit, but I went to the gym anyway today and plan to run tomorrow. This week, the point WILL GO TO ME. Dangit.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies... I am very new to this program (Stage 1, week 2 started yesterday). Was wondering if anyone here is also a runner and how that is working in with this program. I kind of have a knee injury and have been on the running sidelines for a while but trying to get back into it... I am also hoping my knee survives the squats and lunges...
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    hello everyone!

I typically run between 1700 and 2000ish calories a day. I have had a few unplanned random days where I have gone over lately though. it is where the book put me formula wise so I try not to worry too much about it. try anyway. it seems every so often I am figuring my numbers online again somewhere. lol

I did stage two workout A again today. so awkward. and I am tired today too so I did not get all my FSPP's done, my planks were pathetic and I just was not feeling it.

question about HIIT...if I walk slowly one lap on the track, walk briskly the next lap, sprint a lap then repeat that sequence for 10-15 minutes is that performing HIIT? without a machine? just wondering. it is what I tend to do on my own anyway so I am wondering if I can call that my HIIT in general. thoughts?