Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    20130201_zpsed4a89ce.jpg
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beeps! If I eat the lunch and after lifting shake I have planned then I will hit my protein for today before 2pm. awesome! :)

Heading the gym in about 5 minutes. gonna get it done. :wink:

Manic good luck in your move. moving is no fun!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    (Waves) Hey, Ladies! I'm new here and just wanted to say "HI!". I've been doing the NROLFW for about 3 weeks now and I'm really starting to love it!! It's awesome that there is a group on here to help with the nutrition part. I'm still having trouble with that. I was on a 1200 caloire diet prior to doing this program, and I am having a hard time increasing my calories and figuring my macros. I am trying to be patient and not pay attention to the scale! I hope you guys don't mind if I pick your brains a little!! :wink:
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    jcjsjones - welcome! I think you will find everyone on this forum approaches eating a little differently (with lots of great different options for you! - just think about what works well for your life and personality) but I am going to surmise that 1200 calories is WAY too low! Have you calculated your TDEE on the Scooby Calculator yet? That is a great place to start, and pretty accurate.

I'll give you me as an example, Stats:
    Height: 5'1"
    Weight: 140
    TDEE (from my BMF): 2500/day (I workout 6 days a week and walk my dog, other than that I have a desk job!)

glad you are loving NROL4W!
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    emgel9 - yep, I'm a lawyer too. I do mainly condemnation law for the state so a lot of my courtroom time is motions, etc. When I do have trials they are usually 1-3 days long. HOWEVER, I had a 11 million dollar trial in October that literally lasted the entire month and it was 2 hours away from where I live. I have a baby that wasn't quite a year old at the time so I drove back and forth the entire month. I got no workouts in at all. Totally got me off track.

Today is a lifting day so heading to the gym at lunch. I forgot how much I liked lifting weights and just how pleasant that exhausted "I've pushed myself to the limit" feeling is.

Got the new strap for my HRM yesterday so will be interesting to see how many calories I actually burn as I'm sure MFP way overestimates it.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Today is a lifting day! It's crazy that I will be done with Stage 1 fairly soon. All I have to say is that I am HOOKED! I have always loved running but this might be tied for my first love!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    hi ladies -
    I made it to the gym for lifting today...it was great. Tomorrow is going to be a real challenge for my daily workouts: we are leaving for a basketball tournament at 630a!

lb2ll - running and lifting are so different...i love both, too!

tennesee - there are a lot of threads about calories burned lifting. I mainly just get something in there because i know i should eat more on lifting days, not necessarily the calories burned during the workout.

jcjs - WELCOME! we are here to help! agree with emgel that 1200 is way to low for anyone who has any kind of workout.
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am going to lft again on Sunday and I cannot wait.
    I miss the way my body feels after I workout, even though I've only been doing it for 3 weeks. I also miss feeling a little sore.
    I can't believe I just said that!!!!!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    rachie, YES, you just said that . It becomes addicting!

jcjs, 1200 is too low for this program. You WILL eat ravenous on some days.:bigsmile:

I hit my workout early today. I forgot how looooong stage one was. Long as in a lot of workouts but done in 20ish minutes.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to lift this am. Hubby had to go in to work early so I had to stay home with the puppy - just a cardio day for me. This means I will finish Stage 3 next Wednesday!

Rachie - I love being sore too! It reminds me of how hard I worked at the gym the day before!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My supper is planned and I still have 270 cals left for a snack. My daily goal of 1400 or less cals will be intact !

The day after lifting is my struggle. Tomorrow.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My supper is planned and I still have 270 cals left for a snack. My daily goal of 1400 or less cals will be intact !

The day after lifting is my struggle. Tomorrow.

Wow 270 for a snack...that's a disciplined day!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Maniac, Moving counts as working out. noving boxes involves a lot of lifting and burning of calories. No wonder you're hungry.
    My streak is a go. Way under cals today and I hit the gym. Woo hoo!

(I miss lifting)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a no go for the streak- wanted to get final weight for January for comparison. Today I was able to avoid the scale but its hard! I think I am addicted!
    Monday I will start Stage 7!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm home!!! It's cold here but not as cold as it could have been, but worse, it's SNOWING!! ACK, I want to go back to Florida!!

I'm grateful that I didn't put on any weight, since I really wasn't a whole lot of careful about eating. Yesterday was a no work day but I walked everywhere in and around the airport today, carrying my back pack with the big laptop etc in it - I walked with intention.

I will cardio tomorrow, and lifting Monday Wed and Friday this week. I'm starting Stage 4. Not a big fan of this stage (repeats Stage 2 exercises and I really suck at all those single and split leg things) but wow I can't wait to lift!! I really missed it.

Sam, did you get an ETA when you can lift again? Wow Mary, great planning. I am over today, and way low on my protein. Tomorrow I'm back eating clean.

Welcome to all you new folks! I have lots of catching up to do.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome back SUe. Hope you enjoyed FL. I may be out another 2-3 weeks. It still hurts every once in a while, but I'm up to 10lbs lifting capability with it. When I hit 20 I'll lift. I've been eating great, and today is a gym day.

I hate how quiet it is here on the weekend. I'm just too damn busy during the week, the weekend is the only time I have any time to do more than log in my food.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    just got back from a short run with the dog in the snow. It is cold out there. although aside from a drippy nose and my sunglasses getting foggy I eventually don't notice the cold. running through fresh snow though was kind of like running through sand. definitely a little harder than just pavement. I am so ready for the spring to be here so I can go back to my trail and get running like I had been.

Welcome back Sue! I hope you enjoyed Florida too...and all the warmth! :)

Smantha can I ask what happened? perhaps I missed it pages ago, I took a break from the forums for a bit. I hope you heal soon...I know I am pretty impatient with healing so I feel for you.

looking forward to lifting again tomorrow. I have had some pretty sore shoulders and upper back/arms. Makes it seem worth it. I love to feel what I am doing the day or two after. makes me want more. yeah...that probably makes me sound a little crazy!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Got back to the gym yesterday, 1stt ime in a week.
    It felt great. I really missed it.
    Today I love the way my body feels, even the soreness in my butt cheeks!!!!!!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies! I have figured my TDEE and it says to maintain I should consume 2212 calories a day. That is on light exercise. I actually workout about 6 days a week (lift 3, cardio 3), but I do have a desk job. I am looking to still lose about 25# and gain muscle, so I figure maybe 1800 calories a day? After eatlng only 1200 for a year that's going to take some adjusting! However, I have been on a plateau for over 4 months now, so I'm ready to do anything to get it moving again! I'll just make sure I stay off the scale for a month or so while my body adjusts! :wink:
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Friday I got my NROL workout in and did a killer WOD. I was a little sore on Saturday but I managed to do a 30 minute hill run as well as most of a WOD. Sunday wasn't intentional exercise but we walked the dogs for a bit and walked around (quickly) at the mall to get some shopping done. I consider that to be "something" since I didn't sit on my butt all day!

Starting my 3 sets of 8 for Stage 1 today so I'm hoping to increase the weights just a bit if I can. It's amazing to think that I will be done Stage 1 in a very short time!