Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Ok so I may not comment individually, but I love reading everyone's updates so keep them coming.

Busy weekend of course. Saturday I had an informational meeting for People to People student ambassadors. Looks like my eldest (10) will be visiting our neighbors to the north next Summer. I have until May to basically raise $5k. He is outrageously excited because it includes a stop over at space camp. He will definitely learn the value of hard work with this program. He's already devising ways to raise the money (we certainly are not made of it.)
    Costumes, pumpkins, cleaning general work and stress, back to the gym tomorrow.

Today included a luncheon at work for Hispanic heritage month. They like to skimp on the food but it is rich. (just not $10 worth of food frankly and NO DRINK WTH?)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Short person here who uses a step to reach the bar for pull-ups... and that's the one over the door frame :lol:

With the negs in Stage 6 I put a bar at the top of my squat rack and did them off that - but I am sufficiently short enough that I had to hop up to reach that a little bit too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Negs are fun - they will work you hard, but they are a lot easier than straight chin ups/pull ups.

I'm plodding along alright. I had some news (extended family related) yesterday that, although partially expected, has knocked me for a little bit. Emotions are going slightly haywire, but it will all settle down. It's not bad, just convoluted with a looooong back-story, and it'll take a week or two of debriefing get through. Is that cryptic enough? LOL

I did, however, manage to clean the downstairs of my house and get all the washing done in order to keep my mind on other things. Today I am taking it easy.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I had an ok day it sounds like most are enjoying the fall.
    There is so much heavy lifting on this thread.

I am going to test my maxes tomorrow. I am pretty rested. I am also going to weigh myself more often- ugh. I was focused on strength and eating a lot but I would like to stay at about 109-110 lbs. It would really upset me to weigh in at 115.
    I only have seven weeks to go. Mainly I need to drink less Etoh.

• Pmagnanifit
    Options
    :D Beepejaye my phone show a little emoticon drop down box to the right of the box I am typing in-- but my phone is old.
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Summer--I have been doing a combination of lifting and cardio because I want to lose weight but not become skinny fat. On cardio days I use C25K. On weight lifting days I use NROL4W.

Pudding--I am also meeting with a personal trainer once a month just to make sure my form is good as I go through everything the first time. I find it helpful and the most cost effective way for me to progress and ensure I am doing it all safely.

Dna--Sending positive thoughts your way that the family stuff works out for the best.

Today was totally crazy at work and then I had to rush to the gym to make my personal training appt. I am glad I did it but boy was I exhausted. I can't wait to go to bed. :smile:
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    :D Beepejaye my phone show a little emoticon drop down box to the right of the box I am typing in-- but my phone is old.

:D:D

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!
    Jo-great PR!!
    DNA-if you need further distraction my house can keep you busy a while! Hope things smooth out!

Those negative pull ups sound good. I would love to be able to do a few! We shall see...I am definitely stronger than I've ever been!

Stage 4 done! Boom (ala Beeps). I didn't feel great during or after though...definitely LC catching up with me, hope my refeed helps. I'll be working on it.

Stage 5 tomorrow! Yay :#
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Julie, congrats on finishing stage 4!
    Jo, amazing PR! Wow :)

I am so sore today that I skipped my usual half hour of cardio in the hopes that I'll be ready to do my regularly scheduled lifting tomorrow. Everything hurts: quads, glutes, you name it. The trainer worked me HARD but I got some great tips and a compliment that I have a very strong lower body. He had me do some things I've never done, like kettle bell deadlifts, and boy can I feel them.

I am so hungry today and will definitely go over in cals as I won't have any workout calories. I have been thinking about setting my daily calories at 1800 instead of 1500 anyway...
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing Stage 4 Julie! Can't wait to see the progress pics. :D

Jo, Wow that is a lot, great job. I hope I get there too.

Dna, I love the short tips. I know will be standing on something to reach the bar too. I hope all is well with your family.

Pmag, You're so small & strong,but I totally get those few lbs. I know that its not really anything but I don't want to see it anyway. I'm right there with and the etoh, none for me this week :#

Sam, that's great news about your son! And I love that he's helping to raise the $ for it, that's a great life lesson on its own.

Bepeejaye, let me know how you like 5x5 , its on my list of things I may try next.

keep lifting heavy things ladies (*)
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Ok, I'm dopey, what is etoh? I can't figure it out! :expressionless:

Pudding-sore means you did good stuff! And yay on strong legs and butt! Go girl!

Ali-how's stage 5 treating you? Hope all is well :)

Off to watch one dd play school volleyball then run the other dd to sand volleyball! :sweat_smile: I'm a taxi!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Excuse me while I whine. Migraine upon waking and it hasn't quit. Some how got through work. I now need to finish up some paper work for an upcoming eval, but my synapses haven't fired properly all day.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Got my lifting in and done.

Then went to the movies. Go see "The Judge"...it is awesome!
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Aaahh...coming down my Zumba high...I love this fix lol!

Congrats Julie on finishing Stage 4!

I am with Julie, what is etoh, if I may?

Sam..oh no, those can be a killer! Hope you feel well soon!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Ok etoh is an abbreviation for alcohol but I meant any beverage containing it. It is a true chemical abbreviation.
    Tonight I went to happy hour and had a glass of beer which gives me diarrhea. I know better but.... Lots of excuses . Tomorrow is the busiest day of the week so self inflicted diarrhea was a great plan.
    I had a good session this morning. My trainer thinks I can bench 90lbs so that's my goal.
    Tomorrow starts with a work meeting at 6:30 am. Yup am.
    Then a 7 am meeting then a 8 am meeting then a nine am meeting. Until my 11 am annual review. Then do I mind working during lunch?? No I don't mind go ahead and schedule me for 12:30. Then just work until five. Pick up kid for soccer practice and coach at 6 until 6:30. 6:45 teachers meeting with kid and hubby. Then another teachers meeting at7:45. So a week ago I arranged a babysitter at five thirty because who else can watch my seven year old from five until nine pm?
    it will be a restful day lifting wise- but I might need caffeine anyway.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Sam-((hugs)) hope it subsided! So sorry!

Beeps-thanks for the recommendation. I saw The Best of Me...it's a better rental. Nicolas sparks tragic romance.

Bee-love Zumba!

Pmag-ah, ethanol! Being a chemist you'd think I'd have caught that! lol! Uh...maybe some Imodium? Doesn't sound like tomorrow is a good day for the trots!
  • elliebellie78
    elliebellie78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love hearing all the updates from everyone :smile: so excited to move along and lift heavier and heavier myself.

Have a quick question if anyone knows... the bench press/squat rack where i workout is on a track of sorts... if that makes sense. My question is, does that significantly change the way it will work on my body? It isn't a machine... but it does prevent it from moving front to back, since there is a path/track the bar stays in.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Sam, I hope the migraine goes away quickly. My BFF suffers from them and I've seen her in pain. I don't envy anyone who has to suffer from them. *hugs*

Pmag, wow. I'm exhausted just by reading your schedule.

5A3 today. Only 3 more workouts left before I can say sayonara to the BWM. I might throw a party just for that reason! Ugh. I hate that thing. I did the incline DB bench press with 35 pounders in each hand and felt like a TOTAL badass after I was done! It's the little things. lol And I had a trainer come to me to ask what program I was doing and he gave me a fist bump. He's in there when I am and he told me he thinks it's a great program and can see that I'm putting in the work. Made me feel good this AM. :blush:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Wow, pmag, you DO have a busy day!

Elliebellie, is it a "smith machine" you are talking about? (Google and find out). You can use DB's instead of a BB to bench press, instead!

Lovetowrite - i had a love/hate rel'p with BWM....mostly hate....
  • elliebellie78
    elliebellie78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes! It is a smith machine... thank you!
    And from what I just read, it's not a good idea to continue my squats on it :neutral_face:
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Ellie-yes, smith machines aren't good for squats (or much else in many people's opinion). I've never used one myself...just the barbell out of the squat rack.

Love-I was dying doing 20lb dumbbels on the incline chest press today! Dang girl! No wonder that trainer was impressed with you! You're killing it!

I just did stage 5 A1 today, I didn't have time for the BWM...but will try to do it tomorrow. It took forever and i didn't rest like i was supposed to between sets. How long would it have been if I had? Man, 4 reps is really different. I upped my weights on all my lifts, some by a lot-DB snatch. But 4 sets is new too. I was disappointed on the incline DB press...thought I would be better on that than I was. I need to check my nots from 3, may have the bench on a different setting... It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still feel stupid doing the overhead squat thing, and did incline weighted sit ups instead of planks...but pleased overall.