Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan beeps!

I got back to lifting today. I took a whole week off and only did upper body today. My knee is feeling much better. I'll keep resting it this weekend, and then I'm gonna try some more compound moves on Monday, deadlifts and have a few squats? Hoping my knee feels better each day :).

Have a great weekend all! My scale is up, but it's just water from too many carbs the last few days. It'll go down, and hopefully take some friends with them too!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Hey, I posted a new thread for a 12 week challenge to kick off the New Year. Of you want to come join us, please do! The more the merrier! Always good to have accountability!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    I did more cardio today! ZOOM!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hey all new year new goals. Actually the bench press goal is old- I just didn't make it in 2014.

Next month is skiing and lifting.

The next powerlifting comp for me is in April.

Today I did lots of hip thrusts. My right shoulder is still sore so I have not benched in two weeks.
    It actually felt great swimming on Friday.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Nice!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Goals are good....here is what is "on my mind" for 2015:

1. An unassisted pull-up
    2. WHT in the 185-200 lb range
    3. scale that forevermore reads 145-148

BOOM!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Sounds good beeps.
    What is wht
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    WHT = "weighted hip thrusts"

Bret ("the glute guy") C stuff.

The gooooooooood stuff, lol!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    So today is my birthday. Best bit? My early morning gym session. The rest has been total *kitten*. Should've just stayed at the gym :(
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Jo- :disappointed: happy birthday though!! Your gift to yourself is a strong healthy body! Good for you!!! Hope it gets better!! ((Hugs))

Beeps-dang! That's a lot of weight!! I need to order that pad thing...the bar digs into my hips :(. I could up the weight, but it gets awkward. How do you get into position with that heavy a weight? Go girl!

Pmag-we can share-I'm doing mostly upper body to baby my knee! Good goals!

I'm way up on the scale. Too many carbs and then Chinese food last night! Gah! Back to clean eating today. And the gym. I will even do cardio! :sweat_smile:
    Just booked a quick visit to Disneyland this weekend with my girls. So, I know my eating won't be stellar and hope my knee holds up! A lot of walking!! But so much fun! And we'll get to see our good friends too! :)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    TOM, pain, two cups of tea and painkillers and I'm gonna sit here on the couch for a while. That's what I'd like to do for the rest of the day. Stupid body. Husband has other plans. :cry:

I don't even have DOMS from yesterday!

Jo, Happy Birthday for yesterday chickadee :heart:
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Wht are awesome- that's a good goal
    - Hope everyone feels better
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy birthday, jo!

Julie, i won't step on the scale at all this week....

dnamouse....hope you are over TOM-f*ckedness soon.

Pmagnan, i cannot punch your numbers, but it is time to set some PR's of my own.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    I did some squats and deads yesterday! :smiley: yay! Knee a bit sore, but not bad. I rode the bike HIIT for about 20 min afterwards too...felt like that would help with the holiday boat. Feeling good today, knee a bit wonky from time to time, but it'll do ;).

NYE party at my friends tomorrow. Dressing up would be more fun without this overeating bloaty feeling. Been on plan for 2 days, and making progress toward a flatter belly, but it's a good reminder why eating well is worth it. I just feel icky :(.

Not that it'll keep me from my beloved churro in Disneyland on Sunday ;).

DNA-(((hugs)))

Sitting here with castor and coconut oil on my hair. I look ridiculous, but should end up with healthier hair eventually ;).
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yesterday was chest and tri's.

Today was deadlifts and posterior chain.

Tomorrow, I expect it will be back and bi's.

BOOM!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Nice job Julie

I benched light weight today and lots of arms/back-- push-ups pullups, incline bench with db
    My shoulder was wobbly/ weak but not painful. I just didn't feel like I worked out. It was 29 degrees so I did not bike to work....

I will have to do some cardio tomorrow
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Phoenix - If I may, what kind of Bluetooth headphones did you get? Am shopping for some, and have been researching....

Jo - Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

I too, did eat quite a bit this past fortnight, but I do log it...Zumba showed me that I did over eat...I struggled to keep up, and my HR did not go to its regular high....but I still got my 'fix' from Zumba...aaahhh....

Tomorrow is SL day.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Stupid bronchitis. I haven't worked out since my last lifting session on Saturday and its killing me. Three days off is too much for me. I was supposed to finish BT4 this week but am a few days behind now. Going to drag myself to the gym tomorrow even if I can only work at 50% just because I know it will make me feel the slightest bit better. Gah. I hate being sick and moreso when it messes up my workout plans!

Looks like NYE will be hubby and me binge watching Friday Night Lights, having some appies, and hopefully I will feel well enough for a bit of wine. Happy new year all, and lots of lifting to come!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!
    Pudding, there has been a very nasty bug going around here. Our whole family has it and it seems to linger. I hope you feel better quick! It's no fun being sick on a festive day like today.
    Beeps, are you still doing Venus?
    Pmag, I'm sure that you're "light" weights are still much heavier than most girls at the gym.
    Happy belated birthday, Jo!
    Julie, why does it always take longer to "deflate" than it does to bloat in the first place?

I think we've had the flu- the kiddos had fever for 5 days. Hubs and I had the flu mist, but we didn't feel well for several days. The good new is that I wasn't tempted to overeat on Christmas- I had no appetite for about 4 days. Now it's starting to return, but all I want is simple carbs. Bleh.
    I went to the gym Saturday, but I'm not sure it was a good idea. I felt very weak and then DOMS hit and could barely walk until this morning.
    Hopefully I can get back on track soon.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    And here we have 2015.
    We went to a friend's place for coffee and cake, the kids had sparklers and then we came home. Could have seen in the NSW New Year (hour ahead due to daylight savings), but we went to bed lol

Slept in, got up before the children (!) and everyone else is having bacon and eggs. I think I'll just have another cup of tea, totally not hungry after dessert last night lol

DOMS found me today after squats yesterday and another day of clearing out the house. We're onto the garage today - not looking forward to it, but once it's cleared I get my very own gym section, with carpet and floor mats and everything :smile:

TOM pain has settled. It's usually not too bad, but every now and then it hits really hard.