Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    BBcowgirl, I still do Venus workouts when I want a full body workout....but I am bored, so am doing some split-day workouts from bodybuilding.com

Eating plan remains Venus-inspired, though!

Happy 2015!

Health, wealth and happiness to all!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Beeps- I loved Erin Stern's split on BB.com. It's a really balanced workout. I subbed hip thrusts for squats on leg day, but everything else I followed exactly.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Happy new year! Hope you guys had a good time. We stayed home ate spaghetti and played settlers of Catan.
    I am extremely sore from my light workout on Tuesday. And I've been lazy today.
    My resolutions are really carried over from December goals: to bench 100 lb, squat150 and dead 200.
    I am curious about Olympic lifts- they seem dangerous and a little crazy-- any thoughts??
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have beer. Just saying.

It's gluten free beer, but it's still beer :wink:

My husband has also cleared the garage and started setting up my gym gear properly. He even re-sprayed my iron weights = they now look pretty and shiny and almost like new. They were a bit rusty lol

Still working on my goals for this year. Can't seem to narrow them down and pin point specific ones... will get there eventually.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    I looked up the world record for my weight class. It is 940 lbs (combined Bp dl and squat)!!!!!!!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, Pmag! That's pretty amazing. I think a person must have some good genetics and years of training to be able to do that. I think your goals are awesome. And I definitely think you can do it! Have you considered doing Wendler's program? I forget if you've already looked at it. It's supposedly a great program for gaining strength and it's very simple. I plan to do it next it's a 4-day/week upper/lower split centered around BP, DL, Squat, & military press.
    dna, I find that it's getting harder and harder to come up with definable goals too. I want to lose fat and I want to lift more. But those are constants in my life it seems.
    We were in bed by 1030 last night.
    My workout today was 2 sets of 20 reps. I despise the higher reps, but they definitely have a purpose. I was able to do the same weight at 20 reps that I did for 15 reps for my last workout.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm here - sorry have been quiet. Finding SL tough at the moment - tight muscles are inhibiting my lifts and making me grumpy. Need to spend some time with my foam roller but not getting chance.

The in laws are gone! Spent all day yesterday getting the bedrooms rearranged. Lots to do today - plan combat tonight but the forecast is a scorcher at 42 degrees (108 F) so not sure how fast I'll be feeling at that point, lol.

I'm not planning any NY resolutions. Going away in a fortnight so no point in starting any challenges etc - I will review in Feb :-)
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! I'm back! (For good, really)

I'm so so happy to be back on this thread again. I've missed you gals. I've missed working out. I've missed eating properly. I'm just ready to hit the ground running.

To sum up, stopped working out/eating properly for 2 months because of joint pain initially and then because I had to be planning my wedding. Now the joint pain is gone (YAY!) and so is the wedding (YAY! I think) and I feel like I can get back to focussing on transforming this body of mine.

For the next 12-14 weeks, I will doing a mini-bulk (YIKES). I know I'm not at a low enough body fat to attempt this, but I'm really quite tired of being skinny fat (and hearing from others: "don't lose any more weight", or "your butt is so flat") so I feel this is something I need to do. My goal is to take it slow, and aim for gaining no more than 1 lb a month.

I'm really looking forward to checking in here again and reading all the things you lovely ladies are up to.

Oh, regarding the wedding, it was wonderful. Not perfect, but everything came together nicely. We had been having a lot of rain the week prior to the day, even the day before! But the weather on the day was PERFECT. I didn't look the way I wanted to but I guess it wasn't too bad either. My husband said I looked beautiful. I'll take it. I don't normally post pics but I'm getting brave for the new year. Here goes.

5k60b8ep4ke2.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Beautiful is an understatement!

B
    O
    OM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My company leaves tomorrow....so, back to the gym on saturday!

BOOM!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamaica! You looked STUNNING! Congratulations <3:D
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Jo, you stole my description of Jamaica, you look absolutely stunning! Congratulations on getting through the big day and welcome back!

I haven't logged anything in 2 weeks. I also have done barely any exercise. I am dreading weighing myself tomorrow. The plan is to get back to the gym tomorrow but I am still fighting off a cold so not sure if I should give myself more time to recover. I don't want to be the gross person sneezing all over the weights.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Jamaicanlady! You and your husband are a beautiful couple, many wishes for future happiness to your new family!

I'm just singing by to give myself a great big YEAY ME! I have been working an extended Stage 1 on MWF for the last couple of weeks, getting up early and lifting before my family is awake. My cat was a naughty yowler last night and kept me up, and so I skipped this morning...but went down after dinner and pushed through so I wouldn't miss a workout day! It was definitely harder (especially because I just raised my weight on squats and step ups) on a full stomach, lifting after dinner, but I DID IT. And now, I'm all jelly-muscled and feeling proud that I pushed through and met my commitment.

A little thing, but I'm still rather happy with myself right now!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Jamaica you look gorgeous. Congratulations !

• Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Jamaica, you are so beautiful! You look perfect ( and cute husband too ;) )

Merry Christmas,Happy New Year and Happy belated birthday Jo.

I some how I fell off the planet on here it feels like. I have gotten once workout in since I started my vacation and I feel fat. But I've been busy and not well. New Year's eve I went to urgent care and a job interview on the same day. The good news is I GOT THE JOB !!! the bad news is I still don't know whats wrong with me and my regular dr hasn't been open. They don't know if I have kidney stones or a mild bladder infection so I got antibiotics and now I'm waiting to see how I feel. Of course TOM is appearing so I don't know what the cramping feeling is I feeling. Dr told me to rest and my BF has banned me from working out until we know what's going on. But I got him a new lat pull for the squat rack and I'm dying to try it. I'm hoping I'll feel good sometime this weekend to workout. I'm not looking forward to going to workout Monday and telling them that I'm quitting. I've been there over 9 yrs but its time to move on. New Year, new start.

I hope you have all a good start to the new year. :)
  • girlstrionce
    girlstrionce Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just starting out. nice to see people checking in. I just finished Focus T25 through Beta. It was a good 10 weeks. I am looking forward to starting this lifting program ansd see where it takes me. My husband lifts and has had great results. One question I have for you all is: Can you still do cadio with program? I wanna try to stay as close to program as I can.

On side note, I am looking forward to Monday and my kids returning to school.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Ali Hope you feel better.

Bennett I do cardio or yoga on my rest days. There is some debate if it slows your progress in terms of building strength. I like cardio and yoga - they have different benefits -- like cardiovascular health and flexibility so they are also important to me.

I am curious about t25- what did it do for you?
  • girlstrionce
    girlstrionce Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Pmagnanifit- At first I thought it was a joke as it seemed tough but short. I like my workouts a bit longer with more cardio so I would do the planned T25 workout plus some cardio through out the week. Alpha really builds base for Beta. Beta is more fast paced. I lost 10 lbs, 12.5 inches and 3.75% decrease in Body fat. It paid to stick to it!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Cardio done!

ZOOM!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Jamaica, congratulations gorgeous! You are beautiful!!

Bennett, with the cardio, I have learned over time to do it if I feel up to it. Too much and I fall flat on my face, so it's all just trying to find a balance. At the moment I'm focusing on making my every day more active - just moving more, and making it a habit and a part of my lifestyle - rather than actual scheduled cardio. Although my friend is keen to continue our Monday afternoon walk/runs during the school holidays, so that's an extra :smile:

Ali, woot! on the job! Not so good on the being sick thing though, hope you find out what's wrong quickly so you can get back to your workouts :heart:

EWJ, well done! I workout in the morning too, and have done workouts later in the day and I agree that working out after eat feels harder.

DouMc, get better, take your time. If your body isn't ready yet, get a bit more rest. The weights aren't going anywhere :heart:

Did I mention I went kayaking over the Christmas break? Beautiful smooth lake with very little boat traffic, and such a wonderful paddle. I would've gone around more of it except my husband and son found me on the jetski and asked if I'd come be the spotter for the tube lol So I turned around and went back :wink: I really, really like having the ability to get in the kayak and just go wherever I want and looking at the wildlife - turtles popping their heads up to check out what's happening lol. My oar skills are getting better too :smile:

I spent all of yesterday afternoon on my feet cooking for a dinner party. Come 10pm last night I could barely move, everything hurt (I'd also done my workout that morning!). I had also helped move a couple of pallets of timber off a trailer in the morning, and did the groceries (with the dodgy trolleys that's a mini workout in itself lol). This morning is a chill out time. The husband has gone to church as he was on the sound desk this morning, and the kids and I stayed home.

We only have one car at the moment because of a little accident in the rain in the husband's car last week. Nothing major, but it can't get looked at until February due to the backlog of work thanks to all the big hailstorms we've had over the last month.

Okay, better go kick the kids off the Playstation. Time for them to hit the pool I think!