Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Aigre - CUTE KIDDIES!!!!!

Suspended pike pretty much looks insane to me - I'm sure whatever you can manage would be fine - pike jacknives seem like the same move but more stable somehow?
  • SuperMelinator
    SuperMelinator Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Looks like there have been some ups and downs in the last few days. Hope everyone is getting along fairly well. You are all very resilient and dedicated and mentally and physically strong and I'm glad to be part of this group.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm (temporarily at least) working on a splits programme as I was finding I was either running out of time before work and rushing things, or that I was relying on the squat rack or bench press to be free and invariably it wasn't.

So, Plans B, C and D have all come into the mix - main thing is I am still lifting, improving and enjoying it!

Today was Arms day - an area that needs considerable work to banish the dinner lady arms I have so lovingly cultivated over the years haha! When I first lifted weights 4 years ago, I couldn't curl 2kg. Seriously, it had me in tears in the gym. Hated it with a passion.

2 HIIT sessions and GVT - 10 x 10 barbell curls@ 15kg and 10x10 skullcrushers with 12kg kettlebell. 1 min rest between sets. By about half way through, 15kg feels like 150kg!!

Foodwise, all going well. Still loving the menu planning and meal prep and can't praise Joe Wicks (AKA The Bodycoach) enough. We're eating better as a family than ever before. Cleaner, healthier, easier, and most importantly tastier. No cardboard diet food for me anymore!

Also, my sugar cravings have definitely reduced massively. Sweet things taste too sweet! Not something I have ever experienced before. I started to say something about it to hubby, and he said "I know what you're going to say, the same has happened to me". Now, considering we both love biscuits, cakes, desserts blah blah blah, this is quite an amazing shift.

Everything seems to finally be falling into place. Long may we embrace it!
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Kimi - Awesome how it is all clicking for you right now! And so good that you are able to be flexible with your workout plans. Something I struggle with.

Supermel - How are you doing?

Stephie - I know, they are super cute, and I am not biased at all ;-)

Out this morning for a 3 mile run despite not sleeping well last night.
    Tomorrow I'll rest as I need to get out the door early. We're going away for the weekend, hoping to get in a long run on Saturday or Sunday, but otherwise going to take it easy.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I got married 16 years ago, today. In Hawaii. We are going out for dinner tonight, just he and I. Tomorrow is Canada Day (holiday) and middle son's15th birthday....so, we have a whole weekend of fun family stuff planned. :)

umd5vooumrw6.jpeg
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Congrats!!! It would have been my 26th wedding anniversary today....but we got divorced and I have since married an amazing man. So I will celebrate with you!! Enjoy your weekend x
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Aigre - Moving is a hassle for sure. Still have the bulky stuff up in Oregon to go get one of these days, now that we have a bigger apartment. Would have been impossible to fit the stuff in sister's studio. Moving from a one room to a two bedroom will make it easier, even with someone moving in with us in August to help rent wise. Still won't have my bed for a while but I will manage.

Beeps - Congrats. Cute picture too. Hope you have a great time.

Kimi - glad things are going well. It's a nuisance relying on the squat rack if it's an issue ever getting there when it's not in use. Nice you're able to work something out and that food is going well too.

I have lifted the last two days and worked main job but not much else. I'm not used to morning shifts and have been really tired lately. At least getting sleep but having to go to bed earlier than my usual. Went to other location yesterday but don't think I'll go there as it's more of a hassle driving even though mile wise it's a smidgen closer to work.

OHP Day
    2x8 @ 45, 1x5 @ 50, 1x5 @ 60, 1x3 @ 65, 1x5 @ 75

lat pull 3x8 @ 75
    overhead tricep ext 3x8 @ 20

Squat Day
    2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x5 @ 115, 1x5 @ 135, 1x3 @ 155, 1x5 @ 170
    last two were with belt, app says 1rm is about 200

good morning 3x8 @ 95

Not sure on when I'll get bench and deadlift in for week 3 and next is "de-load" week. Got the unfortunate news this morning that grandma passed away. Just waiting to find out the details before we start driving over to Wyoming. Will have to figure out work, signing lease, and all of that stuff too. Will handle it and get over to be with family.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Beeps! You have gorgeous hair!

So sorry to hear about your grandmother, Dawn.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    Congrats!!! It would have been my 26th wedding anniversary today....but we got divorced and I have since married an amazing man. So I will celebrate with you!! Enjoy your weekend x

ha ha

celebrating, for any reason, is always a good thing! BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    AigreDoux wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary, Beeps! You have gorgeous hair!

Thank you. I *do* have GREAT hair, but the hair you are seeing in the photo is actually what is called a "fall".

Best. Invention. Ever.
  • SuperMelinator
    SuperMelinator Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Kimi - Life feels so GOOD when everything is falling into place, doesn't it?! Moving to a split sounds like it will solve some problems for you for sure!

Aigre - Always busy in my little section of the universe :) I've been looking for a new job and think I found one that would really allow me to branch out a little and gain more skills. I interviewed on Tuesday and they're hoping to have a decision by tomorrow! It's for a Contract Public Affairs Advisor. I've never worked a contract job - it basically means they treat you like an employee, but you get no benefits, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me (how can you be a contractor and not get the freedoms that come with it?). Not quite clear on a few things, so if they actually offer the job, I'll have to clarify.

Beeps - Happy Anniversary! What's a "fall?"

Dawn - Sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope the trip to Wyoming goes smoothly.

I finished NROLFW Stage 2 on Monday and decided to take a week "off" as recommended in the program. Tuesday I had that interview so hit the gym on Weds for some challenging running intervals since I haven't been doing them, and hit the gym for 15 mins of hard steady-state elliptical + 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill. I will tell you what - knee problems are the PITS. It doesn't hurt to ACTUALLY run, only afterward...ugh. I can barely get in and out of my desk chair at work and I didn't even attempt the stairs at home last night. Kids had to come UP for bedtime snuggles and kisses.

We are traveling to North Dakota straight from work tonight for the holiday weekend, so maybe I'll grab an ice pack from the office freezer to soothe my knee. Since we're traveling, I don't know if I'll hit the gym or not. Or if I'll be around to check in here. We'll see. :smiley:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    This is similar to the fall I used. It clipped on, like a banana-clip, and then you arrange your real hair around the front of it.

64vcy4gv8avw.jpeg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This photo shows the fall kind of in a ponytail style. I used my fall in a hair-down style simply smoothing my own hair over the fall....if that makes sense?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    zdcqh4530gbj.jpeg
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day, Beeps!

Not the happiest for me, unfortunately. My Opa passed away, six days before the one year anniversary of my Oma's death last summer. I ditched the lifting I had planned, spent the day with family, and then came home and drowned my sorrows in wine and treats. Ugh. I've been doing great with workouts (almost done stage 6 of Strong) but eating had been off and on and I had really wanted to get back on track this summer. I know I need to give myself a bit of time but I am going to try to clear my head on a run tomorrow.

Happy to at least get back in here and catch up on what you've all been up to.

So sorry about your loss, Dawn :(
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    So sorry to read of losses :( I do remember clearly though someone saying to me when I lost my dad, that by being sad, crying, feeling lost, scoffing carrier bags of biscuits, etc we are simply recognising that we were lucky enough to have such special people in our lives. That emotional eating, those tears, etc are actually something to celebrate in a way.

I know that probably doesn't make sense, but it really helped me to respect my actions and let myself go with the flow a bit while I dealt with stuff.

Hugs to all those who need them xx
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sorry for you loss, Pudding. Dawn, I am not sure what happened for you....I did scroll back but could not easily find it. Sorry for your loss, too.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Sorry for your loss too, Pudding.

Just a quick check in here. Am in small town Wyoming with my family. Cardio is going to happen cause it's just nice to walk and move after 16 hour drives. We left at midnight and I drove the whole way, yesterday.

Funny part on scales. Sister has one she finds questionable and is a bit old. Out of curiosity, I stepped on the scale my mom has here that is a little more update though not super modern. Around 5 lb difference, lighter. Kinda weird cause wasn't expecting a scale to say 125 but that is what it showed here.

Have one dress but have to go look for another before the funeral on Tuesday as we have two days of things and the service is at the Catholic church, so need appropriate for that and I have nothing that is small enough. Before leaving, I get to shop in my mom's closet for clothes too.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Dawn, at least you can look at that as a positive: shopping for a smaller dress! Hopefully the bit of cardio is helping you to feel a bit better. I went to the gym yesterday and lifted the crap out of some stuff, and it made me feel better temporarily....until I dove headfirst into Doritos for dinner :blush: I ran today and it felt great. It's a gorgeous warm-but-not-too-hot and sunny day here today, so it's hard to not feel a bit perked up. And my boys are now on summer vacation so I am pretty distracted and busy, which is well-timed.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Yeah. Found something at the little store that will work. I want to lift but would have to see if the fire station was okay with that, no where else to lift here. lol