Daily Chat Thread

Replies

• Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    I'm cool if you want to post here....even if you aren't doing NROL4W, Jessica.

Having said that, I really think NROL4W is going to get you EXACTLY what you want. Go read denine's posts in Stage 5, 6 and 7. (and, go look at her pics!)

But what if I'm only doing it about halfway as written?
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Perhaps you could meet with a trainer to have them help you modify it appropriately so you would still get the closest benefit?

and good for you for rocking a bikini!

I have to say that being halfway through stage 3 this is the first I have really felt like I can see the results, but I finally really do! I have a sneaking suspicion this will all be worth it in the long run :smile:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    I'm having an "I don't care about my diet kinda of day" but I really should have out down the cookies.
    We all have sucky days.

KEEP LIFTING!! And stressing about it will just cause you to retain more body fat.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    I'm having a pretty decent day. On stage 3 thread I posted about my increased weights if anyone is interested. I am excited to know I finally pushed myself MORE than I ever have. I am eager to be back in the gym so I can see what I can do next .
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    I am back from my mid-stage week off. Did Satge 3 - 3A on Tuesday and I was able to up my weights a bit for most of the exercises. Looks like I really did need the rest, I feel way less bloated too.

I do need to find a way to get my running back into the mix though. It is hard because it is already over 100 degrees by the time I get up and if I run when it is cooler, I do not get a full eight hours sleep. :frown:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,103 Member
    Jessica, I think a TON of the women who post here are "modifying" the NROL4W, in some way or other (including myself). Working aroud injuries. Working around home-gym issues. Working around urges to hit the cardio. Having said that, what other heavy-lifting programs are you considering??

ellie - it's nice to read that some results are coming your way! Awesome!

samntha - I, too, wonder how much "stress" plays a role in me (unwantedly) keeping very attached to my fat deposits. I ate chocolate-covered almonds, yesterday, and Stacy's naked pita chips....it was a TERRIBLE binge day, I must admit! (and, I didn't log a single thing, yesterday!)

manic - so happy to read you've had a great work-out and are feeling the GROOVE with this program. That's really nice to read!

realrayne - I'm trying to find a way to get in a bit more cardio, over the summer anyway, as well. I might have to diminish my lifting to 2 x per week. And, I'll have to mentally work through what that might mean in terms of STALLED progress, too!
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    do you think it is ok for me to do cardio on my week between stages?
  • Jessica1274
    I feel better after today's workout. It was my first B WO from stage 3. I didn't have to modify anything. That was SO nice. I guess for now I'll just keep on keeping on.

Beeps--I don't really know what else to do. I have looked at Stronglifts, Starting Strength, Nia Shanks' programs, the original NROL, and other programs that are on Bodybuilding.com. All have good things about them, but until I really figure out what my goals are, I just don't know what is the best fit. So for now, here I am. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,103 Member
    I'm glad you're sticking around, Jessica....and, I'm glad you had a good "B" workout in Stage 3. I think, in most of the stages, I've liked the "B" workouts better -weird, huh??

jens - i SERIOUSLY hit the cardio in my rest-weeks! I just can't sit around doing "nothing"....so, that's what I do! And, I still love it!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 994 Member
    Done stage 1!!!!

oh yeah!!! whoop whoop!! ( progress in the stage 1 thread.)
  • samntha14
    Today I just decided that the scale doesn't control me and that I deserve to feel good about myself because I'm doing **** that most people can't. YOU SHOULD TOO! :)

Yes! Yes! Yes!
    I am so sick of trying to figure out my calories, freaking out if I don't burn enough, and stressing over my food intake. I am in the best shape I have ever been in and I work my *kitten* off almost every day. Why does it have to be a struggle? I for one, felt like I was starving on the NROLFW calorie counts. I hated switching them back & forth each day, felt like I was doing cardio on the off days just so I could eat more and the whole thing just made me mad. Starting Monday, I just pushed my cals up to 2000, stopped wearing my heart rate monitor and have been doing my thing like normal (even skipped a day this week). I haven't stressed over the cals yet-if I'm still hungry and go over, I know it's fine since I worked out that day. I don't know a thing about cutting cycles. The idea of trying one intrigues me, but I think it would stress me out at this point.

I'm liking this idea more and more.
  • manic4titans
    Beeps, are you feeling better? If so, I am really needing that pep talk.:wink:

It's pre-TOM so I am bloated feel yucky and fat. Aggravated because the scale isn't moving. My husband tells me he can not see a difference in my rear end or anywhere for that matter.

blah! I should have done some cardio today but life got in the way. BUT I will do stage 3 wob (3) tomorrow. Over halfway finished with this stage.
  • samntha14
    I Love how a good workout clears my brain and relieves the stress.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Everyone's kicking a** as usual i'm pleased to see.

I'm on my inbetween day, so did some gentle shopping mall walking, nice to get some air con here! Might try for 5A tomorrow before my night shift.

Keep it up gals :tongue:
  • samntha14
    I wanted to recheck my TDEE and used this mega accurate calculator http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html. It takes into account pretty much everything. So it says my tdee for heavy lifting days is over 2500. Good to know! non-lifting days 2200. That's almost 400 more than my current maintenance level. Could explain why I'm always so hungry.

Basically on the days I'm over by 200, I'm NOT going to cry or stress about it because I KNOW I have room to play.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    I'm just back from stage 1 3B this morning at the gym for some reason I did all my exercise out of sequence....... Forgot the whole B1/B2/B1/B2 thing. I am a numpty!

I am off to a wedding next weekend and will be gymless for a while - do you think I'll be ok going back to back days with NR this week? (thinking Tuesday Thursday and Friday) other wise it'll be just twice this week and not back at the gym till Wednesday at the earliest.... I'll miss lifting while I am away :sad:
  • samntha14
    2 times in one week is fine. Going once is useless. Back to back isn't good either because it doesn't give your body time to heal and you'll do ore bad than good. When faced with this situation I just take the 5-7 days as my off week and pick up where I left off.
  • Jessica1274
    I'm just back from stage 1 3B this morning at the gym for some reason I did all my exercise out of sequence....... Forgot the whole B1/B2/B1/B2 thing. I am a numpty!

I am off to a wedding next weekend and will be gymless for a while - do you think I'll be ok going back to back days with NR this week? (thinking Tuesday Thursday and Friday) other wise it'll be just twice this week and not back at the gym till Wednesday at the earliest.... I'll miss lifting while I am away :sad:

I would do Tuesday and Friday in this case. It's fine to only do it twice in one week. I do it twice a week every week, and I'm making terrific gains.
  • manic4titans
    I agree with the other ladies :happy:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Thanks! I needed someone to be sensible with me! I was trying to talk myself into it :smile: Hopefully with the rest I may see the scale move in the right direction!