Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Jnh: Throw that scale away!! You look awesome!:flowerforyou:

Couldn't agree more! I can totally see a change in your legs too!

EVERYBODY throw your scales away!! JNH, YOu look fabulous, and I can almost guarantee you feel even better right? Keep at girl, it is SOOOOO working for you.
  • athletemcgoo
    athletemcgoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Last night I was back at the gum after 8 days of vacation/laziness. Finally started stage 5 and was hating the 3-4 sets of 4. I felt like I wasn't lifing heavy enough for only 4 reps, but at the same time, didn't think I could go any higher. Plus I usually don't go to the gym at night (I try to go during the day when no one is there!) and while it wasn't packed there were about 5 guys lifting very heavy and working very focused plans, so I was a little intimidated and was trying to get through it and get home to do the body matrix. While resting between my 2nd and 3rd set of dumbbell single arm-overhead squats (using 15 and 30 lb. dumbbells) this very fit, very strong-looking guy says to me (as he's putting 50 + lb. plates on a bar to lift lord knows what), "I've just got to say, you're doing some SERIOUS work over there. Some SERIOUS work. Great job!" :)

So while totally MORTIFIED that people were actually noticing me (!?!), I was very proud that someone of that fitness/lifting level would compliment my llifting! We're all doing some serious work, and should be very proud of what we HAVE accomplished!

Have a gerat day everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    JNH - I would hope you would prefer the physique on the right (who cares about scale??) than on the left....I would!

I start Stage 7, today....I took a FULL rest week and only yesterday returned to exercise - I walked for about 75 minutes - hills!

I hope to finish Stage 7 by the end of July. Oh, and I'm not going to step on the scale this month. I've become a firm believer that the scale doesn't matter, if I can change my shape (i.e. measurements/photos will tell me this!). Period.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Last night I was back at the gum after 8 days of vacation/laziness. Finally started stage 5 and was hating the 3-4 sets of 4. I felt like I wasn't lifing heavy enough for only 4 reps, but at the same time, didn't think I could go any higher. Plus I usually don't go to the gym at night (I try to go during the day when no one is there!) and while it wasn't packed there were about 5 guys lifting very heavy and working very focused plans, so I was a little intimidated and was trying to get through it and get home to do the body matrix. While resting between my 2nd and 3rd set of dumbbell single arm-overhead squats (using 15 and 30 lb. dumbbells) this very fit, very strong-looking guy says to me (as he's putting 50 + lb. plates on a bar to lift lord knows what), "I've just got to say, you're doing some SERIOUS work over there. Some SERIOUS work. Great job!" :)

So while totally MORTIFIED that people were actually noticing me (!?!), I was very proud that someone of that fitness/lifting level would compliment my llifting! We're all doing some serious work, and should be very proud of what we HAVE accomplished!

Wow! This post almost made me cry! I would so love to hear something like that, but working out in my spare room at home, I don't think it's likely somehow, LOL!

Very well done for representing us so well - you are an ambassador for women's lifting.
  • TheGsMama
    TheGsMama Posts: 80 Member
    Options

That is SO full of win! Good job! I hope that day happens to me. I get a few smiles from the meatheads but no compliments yet.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

That is so totally AWESOME!!!! Good for you for showing those guys that we girls know how to work hard too!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options

That is so totally AWESOME!!!! Good for you for showing those guys that we girls know how to work hard too!!

Word!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

How awesome is that! That gives me BIG encouragement. I'm very intimidated at the thought of going to the gym to workout. I know I shouldn't be, I pay my membership, I have every right to be on the boys side lifting, just like they do, but I am very self-conscious about my fat and jiggles and I feel like such a noob. I imagine all the dudes thinking look at gramma over there pretending to lift. (After all, it's all about me, of course they would only be watching me!) I think I need to go early, when the gym first opens and there are only a few people there.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Athlete, That is a fabulous NSV!! You go with your bad self. You should be PROUD!.

I have now completely lost my voice. I need a vacation from my vacation and we still have our traditional thrill park excursion for July 4th. I least it's tiny and I don't have to go on anything (more kiddie orientated). I have new bruises from some of the rides yesterday, but boy was it fun LOL.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Good reading
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/655310-8-reasons-your-weight-training-results-suck

I think I have some pretty good results, but I could definitely eat better.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm going to read that article, samntha.

I started Stage 7 of NROL4W. Holy crap - unlike ANYTHING I have ever tried (to do) before. Let's just say the SHORT rest periods and the MANY reps did me in - by the 3rd set, I was seriously dizzy and trying not to vomit! (and, yes I went WAY DOWN ON MY WEIGHTS!) HOLY FRIGGIN' HARD - BATMAN!!

July should be *very* interesting. I am pretty sure that on my "off" days, I am simply going to REST. Period.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I started Stage 7 of NROL4W. Holy crap - unlike ANYTHING I have ever tried (to do) before. Let's just say the SHORT rest periods and the MANY reps did me in - by the 3rd set, I was seriously dizzy and trying not to vomit! (and, yes I went WAY DOWN ON MY WEIGHTS!) HOLY FRIGGIN' HARD - BATMAN!!

July should be *very* interesting. I am pretty sure that on my "off" days, I am simply going to REST. Period.

Oh crap, now i'm scared! I think i'd better take a few days off this week before I begin that, maybe do some nice relaxing yoga??!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    We go on vacation in 68 days. I hope I am finished. Can't have any more "life getting in the way unscheduled breaks" that is for sure.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    We go on vacation in 68 days. I hope I am finished. Can't have any more "life getting in the way unscheduled breaks" that is for sure.

We are going on vacation next week. I will finish stage 3 this week, so the timing worked out pretty well. Except, it has only been a month since my last break. I'm still glad I'll not be going during the middle of a stage.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    ok, IF I calculated correctly I should be finished late August with a couple scheduled breaks. AND if stage 7 doesn't kill me, I'll repeat it after my vacation.

Am I correct?
    7 workouts in stage four + 8 workouts in stage five + 6 workouts in Stage seven= 21 Workouts
    3 workouts weekly/21 workouts = 7 weeks

9 weeks and 3 days until vacation

(skipping stage 6. I do not have the shoulder strength for stage 6. One of these days I will have to post a pic for yall of my shoulder. The scapula "wings" out because I have an atrophied muscle. The shoulder socket rolls forward so it sags a little lower than the left side. No muscle in the neck, collar bone, and scapula areas makes it difficult for a LOT of lifting)

ETA: OH, the atrophy will not get any better because of Cranial nerve 12 is fried. The muscles does not get the "firing".
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    ok, IF I calculated correctly I should be finished late August with a couple scheduled breaks. AND if stage 7 doesn't kill me, I'll repeat it after my vacation.

Am I correct?
    7 workouts in stage four + 8 workouts in stage five + 6 workouts in Stage seven= 21 Workouts
    3 workouts weekly/21 workouts = 7 weeks

9 weeks and 3 days until vacation

(skipping stage 6. I do not have the shoulder strength for stage 6. One of these days I will have to post a pic for yall of my shoulder. The scapula "wings" out because I have an atrophied muscle. The shoulder socket rolls forward so it sags a little lower than the left side. No muscle in the neck, collar bone, and scapula areas makes it difficult for a LOT of lifting)

ETA: OH, the atrophy will not get any better because of Cranial nerve 12 is fried. The muscles does not get the "firing".

That's how I calculate it. I'm a week behind you. I know it will be a stretch for me to get 3 workouts in EVERY week -- it's weird saying that but not being able to workout on consecutive days makes it tricky. For instance, I'm visiting family the weekend after next so I'll be off on my Friday workout. It works out to have 4 days off between Stage 3 and Stage 4. I'm figuring I'll be finishing up around September (I think I want to do Stage 7 twice). Then, because of a challenge from my husband (he's doing it now), I'm *hoping* to do Insanity.
  • samntha14
    Options
    That sounds like a plan Maniac and JNH. I'm starting stage 5 SUnday I guess. No workouts Mondays during the summer unless I get up at 5, but then I'll be tired for "family day" excursions. Next Monday is the Bronx Zoo. Our first trip there as a family, and I bought Wildlife Conservation society Passes so we get into all the NYC Zoos and aquariums for a full year with free parking For up to 6 people for only $164.

Finally got back to the gym today after 8 days off. I took it easy and kept the weights down to focus on form and getting in all three sets, though I punked out on the planks :sad:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Ooohhhh, I *really* like that you are all planning your weight-training SO FAR IN ADVANCE!! That is the way to succeed at this, FOR SURE! Good for all of you.

Manic - I had to ditch Stage 6 half-way through....I keep re-injuring myself, so I'm just "out" for awhile. Once I'm done Stage 7, though, I think I might just try a chin-up and try a pull-up (when nobody is looking) to see if I can do them or not....maybe I'll surprise myself! (I might go back and finish Stage 6 after I'm done Stage 7....I find it SO DIFFICULT to "quit" anything - too much "perfectionist" in me!)

No work-out today. Rest only. My muscles are stiff and sore, but not outrageously so - I guess my rest week didn't hurt me too, too badly!
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Thanks for double checking that for me.

Beeps, I want to try a chin up. maybe when no one is looking too :laugh:

No lifting today-gym is closed. So that throws off my M-W-F workout but I'll workout Th and Sat . I'm anal and maybe slightly perfectionist too. I need to keep my schedule and if it doesn't it drives me insane.

30 day shred video for me today.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I've only just realised how SHORT stage 7 is! 6 workouts?! I'll be done in no time even though i usually do 3 workouts every 8 days, not 7 (my work week is weird). Might be able to do it twice before my hols. Looks pretty frightening though.

Having a week off now. I love how after about 4 days the water retention drops and all those lovely muscles show through!