Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oh, and even though I lost in court, I think the other lawyer was a friggin' GONG SHOW - so when we meet up again, in 6 or 8 weeks, I plan on kicking his frail little *kitten*....

And you will - whether it's with your brilliance or your fierce biceps!

Enjoy your cocktails tonight!

what she said :happy:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    and my news .......

I DEADLIFTED 110 POUNDS. :drinker: My next goal is 125 pounds.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Beeps, after a day like that, you deserve a good cocktail and a great weekend.

My NSV for the day and the reason I LOVE lifting...My 5 year old isn't feeling well, and twice today I carried him through the park tot he car, from the car to the house, and up the stairs to rest. Lifting my 50lb kid is no sweat at all :bigsmile: I also got a trunk-full of groceries in the house in 2 trips (I park on the street and have to walk a good 200 ft to my townhouse door). Being stronger is awesome!!
  • samntha14
    Options
    and my news .......

YAY!!! You GO girl!!
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Awesome work! Doesn't it seem crazy when you think back to where you started to have a goal of deadlifting 125 pounds?!?
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Thanks ladies.

Beeps, do you post your lifting weights? I am curious to know what you are lifting in stage 7 with that many sets and reps.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Lifting tonight I ran into my friend Stan. Haven't seen him in about a month since I changed my lifting schedule for the Summer. Chit-chatting gave me a nice 10 min rest between sets of the body weight matrix and I shaved A MINUTE off my time!!. Even better than that, Stan says, "Wow you are looking good, You're cutting down. Your quads look powerful. How do you feel?" How do I feel? FREAKING AWESOME thanks! "Well you look strong". Tell you what, at this stage of my life, I'll take "strong" over "hot" any day of the week.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    That's nice to hear Sam. Feels good, huh? :bigsmile:
  • danielle5243
    danielle5243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I need an alternative for Deadlifts! My gym does not have a free barbell w/weights to be added. The only thing they have is fixed weight barbells (only go up to 60lbs), dumbbells and the smith machine. The 60lb fixed barbell is just not enough weight for my deadlifts. I feel like I could be lifting substantially more! Is there anything else I can do?
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My NSV for the day and the reason I LOVE lifting...My 5 year old isn't feeling well, and twice today I carried him through the park tot he car, from the car to the house, and up the stairs to rest. Lifting my 50lb kid is no sweat at all :bigsmile: I also got a trunk-full of groceries in the house in 2 trips (I park on the street and have to walk a good 200 ft to my townhouse door). Being stronger is awesome!!

Sam - that's awesome!! I agree, gettig stronger totally rocks! And what an awesome compliment!

My measurements haven't changed in months and it's getting a little discouraging. The only good thing is it seems like things are tightening up a bit from the inside out (if that makes sense) and my size 10s are feeling loose.. And I'm still getting tons of great compliments from co-workers.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    I need an alternative for Deadlifts! My gym does not have a free barbell w/weights to be added. The only thing they have is fixed weight barbells (only go up to 60lbs), dumbbells and the smith machine. The 60lb fixed barbell is just not enough weight for my deadlifts. I feel like I could be lifting substantially more! Is there anything else I can do?

Does the gym have heavy dumbbells? Can you throw 40 lb dumbbells on your shoulders? Then increase to 50lb dumbbells and so on?

I am sure the veteran ladies will chime in and give more alternatives.

Jen, my clothes aren't changing but the measurements are slowing moving. I 'm probably not measuring in the right spot.:ohwell:
  • samntha14
    Options
    Yeah that one chain of gyms doesn't like heavy lifters. You can definitely do the dbs. Hell I started stage 1 with dbs because I wasn't ready for the barbell. Might be tricky at first balance wise, but you can do it.

Got more compliments from family today. They haven't seen me in about 4 months. First question, "How much weight have you lost?" Answer: NONE!! but I've lost 16 inches, 7 from my *kitten* alone LOL. Needless to say my aunt wants to borrow my book.:happy:
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm just doing the first stage - 3 weeks in and really enjoying it. I'm ruinning / walking on the inbetween days as I just can't stand doing nothing. I've set everything up at home (bench, rack, barbells, dumbells, Swiss ball etc) as I find it easier to fit around my day than going to the gym, and I'm pretty self motivated.

I've been reading this daily chat forum and enjoying the support you guys give on another - and I look forward to still being here by the end of hte programme and discussing what to do next :)

I'm looking at getting some gloves - has anyone tried Gripads? Any feedback or recommendations?
  • samntha14
    Options
    Welcome Jojo!! I just bought inexpensive gloves from target. Couldn't tell you what they're called.

Did 5B2 and am officially halfway through stage 5. Increased some weights and finally got my grip right for the bent-over rows. Unfortunately I cramped up during my intervals and only did 10min. :sad:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Hi, Jojojo! Welcome.

I bought my gloves from Walmart years ago when I did a boot camp at the local YMCA. That being said, I don't remember the brand but they work just fine.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Wow some AWESOME NSVs here! Love it when other people notice. That happened to me Friday night - a woman who works at Penn Sta that I see occassionally said to me "wow you've really lost a lot of weight" I haven't, not since I saw her last, but lifting has obviously made a difference!

Hey Jojo, welcome. I bought my gloves ages ago, so I'm not going to be much help.

I lifted today, and then got out on the motorcycle for a few hours. Back is a little stiff, but I increased weights on my deadlifts, shoulder press, and lat pull downs. Lunges are still a real challenge for me. My right quad and left ankle just won't cooperate much - I broke that ankle in February, did 8 wks of intensive PT, but it's still weak. I'm only able to do those lunges holding 5 lb weights. If I increase, my form craps out. So I'll keep at it like that.

Beeps, I know you will kick butt next time, both in court and at the gym! Hope you had a great party. Manic, I can't wait to say that! Congrats girl!

Hope y'all have a great evening!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just a quick wave because I haven't been around much. Work's been so busy, and have been away on the weekends. Today was S4 B2--halfway through. Hating those 120 second planks!

Hope you're all doing well and staying cool :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    manic - CONGRATS on the deadlift NSV!!! That is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! (Yes, I post my lifting on the Stage 7 board here at NROL4W.)

jennie - Ummmmmmm, if you are feeling "tighter", it's working! If your size 10's are "feeling loose", it's working! And, if you are "getting great compliments from co-workers", it's WORKING!! Keep going....it is ALL WORKING!

sue - I'm glad to read things are CHANGING on your body!! You are on the right track!

To samntha, dandelion, others.....summer is *so* busy, but I know you're keeping up with the program, so yay for you!
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I just got home from vacation last night. I tried to read through most of the posts I'd missed, but I feel like I was gone forever! There were several pages!

I didn't do so great on vacation. I am up 4 lbs on the scale. Some is water, some is too many calories. :-/ Anyway,back to the real world. I start stage 4 this week. I am looking foreword to getting back to normal.

Dh and I have been looking into Paleo. Or at least mostly paleo. Does anyone eat this way? My husband really needs to lose weight, and he is really interested in this.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    I had a good break away from EVERYTHING this weekend. Had a great party on Friday night and I only had 2 drinks!! (But, I ate TONS of potato chips!) Saturday I went for a 90 minute hill-hike and then I rested all day and did nothing. Kept my appetite in check and was likely under all of my macros. And then, yesterday, the rain hit and I just vegitated, but went and did some shopping in the afternoon. My lower-back is fairly sore, today - which I can only think is because of the "laying around" I did (i.e. bad posture!)

Anyway, I haven't decided if I'll lift today or wait one more day. Now that it's the second half of the month, I'm also going to work harder on my nutrition.

Has anyone heard of the "Femsport Challenge"?? It's coming to my province this weekend and although I cannot attend, the newspaper had a full write up on it and it sounds kind of fun!