WEEK 1

Replies

• wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 481 Member
    Last night I completed my 12th run:) 30 minutes at 6 mph .
    Scheduled another for today, I will log it later!!

Yea thanks wifey for this group, as a newbie runner it has really motivated me!
    I feel much more ready to complete my first 5 k race on aPril 1st!:)

Have a great day everyone!

Hey, I've saw your posts and just wanted to say well done - for someone new to running you really are doing superbly well.

I hope you keep enjoying the runs and if you need any help with motivation just ask - all the best :)

Hey thank you so much!!!
    I really appreciate that. I am certainly very new to running, and I just keep thinking how awesome it really makes me feel after I push myself!
    I will take you up on that offer for advise:) I always have lots of questions.
    First question hahah...
    How do you improve your speed? Is there a trick or do you just let your body tell you your ready?

Seriously everyone ( especially wifey)
    This is fantastic challenge, and am so happy to be apart of it!

Today I ran 6.37 miles in 1 hour and 5 minutes! That's my longest run to date (outside)
    Woo hoo

WOW Congratulations on making it for 1 hour, that is always a good feeling.
    I'm so glad you all took part in this challenge because it has motivated me to keep up as well. :-)
  • wifeyy
    burned 609 calories doing 51 minutes of "Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile)"

YESSSSSS! 16 DOWN ONLY 4 TO GO!!!

ps... mickyjd i'm with you to take a rest tomorrow but i might go for another run tomorrow because of my bad eating habit this week:noway:
  • wifeyy
    GO GO GO.. everyone can do this...

Someday maybe I'll hit 60 mins. you guys are running fantastic speeds and distances :) my max so far is 36 mins 3.5 miles. (bought new Brooks last night, my knees where much better this morning)

WOOT WOOT come on ya'll

wifey, thank you for posting this challenge. Before this I would run once a week and do other cardio, but this has encouraged me to run more and I am actually enjoying it. Who would have thought.

Yes i know where you are coming from. It is hard to start it but once we get it done we end up enjoying it and want more !! keep it up!
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    15th run Friday night just a little baby run 12 mins just over a mile. Headed out and it just wasn't happening.

16th run Sat morning. I made up for the baby run with my best run yet. 45 mins 4.13 miles burned 564 cals.

4 more to go :)

Thanks all for this group! You are all fantastic.
  • NaomiWhite77
    16. Friday 23rd March: 17km @ 65-75% max HR: 5 mins 27 secs / km - total time 92 mins 51 seconds

Only 4 runs to go woop woop - another run today at the gym (incorporating some sprints along with some strength training). I think Sunday will be a total rest day for me as the old body is beginning to feel the PAIN! Lol.

{PS 17km is just over 10.5 miles :) and speed (average) 6.82 miles per hour.}

92 mins at 6.82 wow.. amazing! thanks for the ps...
  • NaomiWhite77

Hey thank you so much!!!
    I really appreciate that. I am certainly very new to running, and I just keep thinking how awesome it really makes me feel after I push myself!
    I will take you up on that offer for advise:) I always have lots of questions.
    First question hahah...
    How do you improve your speed? Is there a trick or do you just let your body tell you your ready?

Seriously everyone ( especially wifey)
    This is fantastic challenge, and am so happy to be apart of it!

Today I ran 6.37 miles in 1 hour and 5 minutes! That's my longest run to date (outside)
    Woo hoo

WOO HOO! congrats. You are doing great. Keep it up..
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 365 Member
    @ mickyjd- Amazing suggestions, I can't wait to try put that tempo run! Thank you ☺

@ everyone- oh my goodness we are on the back nine of the course!:)
    Some are further ahead which is just fantastic!!:) you guys are animals!
    But everyone can finish strong!
    Totally impressed at everyone in this group for there sticktoitness <3

Please feel free to friend me if you would like, and for sure keep me in the loop if there are anymore running challenges! I really loved this!! It has helped me focus so much!
    I attribute the last ten pound loss on running alone, and I'm pretty sure the next ten are going to be the same!!

Going to take that solid advice mickyjd and start incorporating strength training in next week!!

I think you are all so fantastic.
    - Gigi
  • genene111
    Yesterday was a short run :) 25 minutes.
    But that was run 14:)
    I am proud because I turned down a ride to the place I was headed because I saw it as an opportunity to get my run in lol! Love it!!

Have a happy Sunday folks!
  • genene111
    Sorry I didn't mean to post twice
  • NaomiWhite77
    17 down 26 mins today ave 5.5, but it was intervals 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.5 a bit of walking kind of HIIT like.

3 to go. The 20th will be Sat at the 5k. Yay!
  • NaomiWhite77
    Yesterday was a short run :) 25 minutes.
    But that was run 14:)
    I am proud because I turned down a ride to the place I was headed because I saw it as an opportunity to get my run in lol! Love it!!

Have a happy Sunday folks!

That is a NSV! Great job.
  • genene111
    Thanks kenomi!:) I had another NSV tonight too... Sort of,...
    I went out last night and had 4 martinis ( over the course of 8 hours mind you) but I haven't had any alcohol in a while so I was feeling a bit rough today:) ok very rough lol soooo I ate terribly because I gave into all my cravings :(
    But then...
    Instead of feeling guilty and going to bed mad I went out and ran my fastest mile yet:) 9.42 mph for 23 minutes:)
    I feel much better:)
    And I don't feel like I fell I just stumbled! My calories for the week are only 120 over and I hardly ever am over so it's a win in my books!!!:)

Also I am encouraged to go back to being the dd for a while again lol a glass of wine at home is great or a beer but I like the new who doesn't feel like poop all day and can go on 10 k runs:)

5 runs left for me!!!!
    Tomorrow is going to be the start of a magnificent week... I can feel it:)!
  • wifeyy
    burned 545 calories doing 48 minutes of "Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile)"

YES! 17 DOWN ONLY 3 TO GO!!!
  • genene111
    FOUR RUNS LEFT!!!!!! I can't believe I'm actually going to finish this :)!!! Yaaaayyyy
    Once again great job everyone!:) you are all rock stars xo

Today was 30 minutes alternating between 6 and 7 mph
    Tomorrow is another shortie then a 10 k planned for Wednesday:)

The count down is on for Sunday , which is my first ever race:)!
    Here I come zooooooom lol.

Have a great night everyone, and a terrific day tomorrow!
  • mickyjd
    mickyjd Posts: 97
    17. Saturday 24th March: 0.8km warm up, 9 x 400m @ 16km/h with 200m recoveries at 9km/h in between followed by a 1.8km cool down jog.

{PS 0.8km is approx 0.5 miles, 16km/h is equal to 10mph and 9km/h is equal to 5.6mph.}

18. Monday 26th March: 10km @ 65-75% max HR: 5 mins 0 secs / km - total time 60 mins 0 seconds (TREADMILL).

OK, so 2 runs to go and I'm just off now, as it's lunchtime to get in some sprints again :)
  • mickyjd
    @ mickyjd- Amazing suggestions, I can't wait to try put that tempo run! Thank you ☺

@ everyone- oh my goodness we are on the back nine of the course!:)
    Some are further ahead which is just fantastic!!:) you guys are animals!
    But everyone can finish strong!
    Totally impressed at everyone in this group for there sticktoitness <3

Please feel free to friend me if you would like, and for sure keep me in the loop if there are anymore running challenges! I really loved this!! It has helped me focus so much!
    I attribute the last ten pound loss on running alone, and I'm pretty sure the next ten are going to be the same!!

Going to take that solid advice mickyjd and start incorporating strength training in next week!!

I think you are all so fantastic.
    - Gigi

Most welcome - glad you're doing so well. The fact you are excited about a tempo run is also good - I love them too :)
  • mickyjd
    16. Friday 23rd March: 17km @ 65-75% max HR: 5 mins 27 secs / km - total time 92 mins 51 seconds

Only 4 runs to go woop woop - another run today at the gym (incorporating some sprints along with some strength training). I think Sunday will be a total rest day for me as the old body is beginning to feel the PAIN! Lol.

{PS 17km is just over 10.5 miles :) and speed (average) 6.82 miles per hour.}

92 mins at 6.82 wow.. amazing! thanks for the ps...

Lol, you're welcome.

Funnily on 9 January 2012, I struggled to run 8 km in 1 hour, and I mean that I really struggled. At that point, and here's the PS, that was equivalent to 5 miles! It was a nightmare.

I completed Insanity over the next 8 weeks, built in some extra runs and am also now doing 30DS as well as Insanity all over again with a bit of weight training thrown in for good measure. All of this has helped my cardio and absolute love for running.

I'll say it again though, I really needed a challenge like this as it's really helped me keep focus (as the 1/2 marathon I wanted to do falls on my daughters birthday weekend - and you can't miss your daughters birthday).

It's great to see so many people trying to complete this challenge, so keep up the good work and let's see how many of us can get across the 20 run finish line! Woop woop.
  • mickyjd
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! Only 1 to go. Here's no 19...

19. Tuesday 27th March: 0.6km warm up, 7 x 400m @ 18km/h with 200m recoveries at 10km/h in between followed by a 3.2km jog @ 10km/h.

{PS 0.6km is approx 0.37 miles, 18km/h is equal to 11.2mph and 10km/h is equal to 6.2mph.}

Hopefully I'll finish the challenge either tomorrow, (although that's my wife's birthday, so unlikely), or Thursday. I really need to make the last run a good one ;)
  • wifeyy
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! Only 1 to go. Here's no 19...

19. Tuesday 27th March: 0.6km warm up, 7 x 400m @ 18km/h with 200m recoveries at 10km/h in between followed by a 3.2km jog @ 10km/h.

{PS 0.6km is approx 0.37 miles, 18km/h is equal to 11.2mph and 10km/h is equal to 6.2mph.}

Hopefully I'll finish the challenge either tomorrow, (although that's my wife's birthday, so unlikely), or Thursday. I really need to make the last run a good one ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I WANTED TO FINNISH FIRSSST LOL!
    Tomorrow is your wife's birthday so don't run pleassssse hahaha

I'm off for run nr. 18th now i need to catch up with Mickyjd.
  • wifeyy
    burned 624 calories doing 47 minutes of "Running (jogging), 6 mph (10 min mile)"
    I'm a bit sad this challenge is almost done!! it has been so great this month due to this challenge.

18 DOWN ONLY 2 TO GO!!!!