WEEK 1

Options
12346»

Replies

• NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    18 down 4.5 miles in 45:36 mins 5.92 miles per hour burned 544 cals.

2 left Thursday and Sat
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options
    16. Friday 23rd March: 17km @ 65-75% max HR: 5 mins 27 secs / km - total time 92 mins 51 seconds

Only 4 runs to go woop woop - another run today at the gym (incorporating some sprints along with some strength training). I think Sunday will be a total rest day for me as the old body is beginning to feel the PAIN! Lol.

{PS 17km is just over 10.5 miles :) and speed (average) 6.82 miles per hour.}

92 mins at 6.82 wow.. amazing! thanks for the ps...

Lol, you're welcome.

Funnily on 9 January 2012, I struggled to run 8 km in 1 hour, and I mean that I really struggled. At that point, and here's the PS, that was equivalent to 5 miles! It was a nightmare.

I completed Insanity over the next 8 weeks, built in some extra runs and am also now doing 30DS as well as Insanity all over again with a bit of weight training thrown in for good measure. All of this has helped my cardio and absolute love for running.

I'll say it again though, I really needed a challenge like this as it's really helped me keep focus (as the 1/2 marathon I wanted to do falls on my daughters birthday weekend - and you can't miss your daughters birthday).

It's great to see so many people trying to complete this challenge, so keep up the good work and let's see how many of us can get across the 20 run finish line! Woop woop.

That's excellent.. What progress. I agree this was a great challenge to get me motivated and start enjoying running.
    I have been doing the Brazilian Butt Lift series. It sounds funny but has some great strength training for the whole body.

I'll do my 20th run Sat at my first 5k :)
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options

I'm a bit sad this challenge is almost done!! it has been so great this month due to this challenge.

Me too! I might try for 15 next month.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    burned 597 calories doing 50 minutes of "Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile)"

19 down!! WOW i cannot bellieve only 1 left to go!!!

Great job you all. we are almost there:laugh:
  • wifeyy
    Options

I'm a bit sad this challenge is almost done!! it has been so great this month due to this challenge.

Me too! I might try for 15 next month.

Yes i was thinking same thing for next month to try 15.
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Woo hoooooooo
    Went out with the local running room tonight I did 10 k in 63 minutes:) that's one minute faster then my fastest!!!
    Right on:)

Three left so tomorrow Friday and Saturday in entering a five k race instead of Sunday so Saturday will be 20!!!
    I'm totally I'm for 15 next month!!!!!!

Love this group
    You all rock xo
  • wifeyy
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Mission Accomplished!!!!! 0 TO GO 20 DOWN!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I burned 624 and running for 53 min.
    I'm so glad i made it to 20 and a BIG FAT HUGS AND THANKS to all those who stuck with me to the end of this challenge!

My starting weight for this challenge was 183lbs and today i weigh 175.3 so total lost of 8.3lbs :-)

I will be going on vacation this saturday for a week so if i come back i may try for 15 run next month and if you guys have any suggestings for anything or if you have other challenges in mind let me know. xxxxx
  • genene111
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Mission Accomplished!!!!! 0 TO GO 20 DOWN!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm so glad i made it to 20 and a BIG FAT HUGS AND THANKS to all those who stuck with me to the end of this challenge!

My starting weight for this challenge was 183lbs and today i weigh 175.3 so total lost of 8.3lbs :-)

I will be going on vacation this saturday for a week so if i come back i may try for 15 run next month and if you guys have any suggestings for anything or if you have other challenges in mind let me know. xxxxx

HUGE high five !!!!!! You freaking killed this challenge:)!!
    I'm so impressed!xo

I'm two behind your tail! One tomorrow then the last one at the race non Saturday!!!

Congrats again !
    And I'm TOTALY in for another challenge , just say the word:)
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options

Fantastic job all around. Great running, great lose and fabulous motivation!

Thank you and congrats!
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options
    :happy: 19 today ran 22 mins on the treadmill. 1 left
  • genene111
    Options
    :happy: 19 today ran 22 mins on the treadmill. 1 left

Great job!!! I did #19 today too!
    32 minutes
    And tomorrow will be # 20 and it will be at my first 5 k race!
    Right on!
    Have a fantastic Saturday everyone ( well I guess it's technically Saturday now but I just got done work and haven't gone to sleep yet do you know what I mean lol)
    Ok night night
    Xo
  • NaomiWhite77
    Options
    ALL DONE !! :) 20th run in my first 5k in the snow with a time of 29:13!!!

Woot woot!

Great job all... amazing group.
  • genene111
    Options
    20 runs CONPLETED!!!!!!!!
    I'm so proud of myself:)!!!
    I'm so happy for everyone who completed this challenge!!
    Even anyone who gave it there all and got close!
    That was difficult:)!!!!
    High fives and water all around lol

We all freakin rock:)

Oh and I'm now addicted to races lol
    The adrenaline kicked in and I flew!!!
    Did my first 5k race today! Placed 6th lady and 15th overall ( I think there was about 40 people there)
    And my time was just under 25 minutes:)
    WTF SERIOUSLY
    I'm super competitive apparently! Lol
    I don't remember the lat time I pushed myself that hard ever hahahaha
    What a high:)

I can't wait for the next race :) I'm I'm love with this new person I'm becoming...
    I AM a runner:)!

Much love to everyone in this group for all of there support!
    Please friend me if you haven't already and would like too:)
    Also please please please pot something here I anyone starts a new challenge:)
    Thanks
    Gigi
  • genene111
    Options

Woot woot!

You are brave:)! I would have fallen in the snow xo
    Fantastic job!!!!

• NaomiWhite77
    Options

And my time was just under 25 minutes

Awesome! Congratulations. You rock. So glad you loved it. Run run run :)
  • mickyjd
    mickyjd Posts: 97
    Options
    Not been on for a wee while but I finished my 20th Run on Thursday 29 March:

20. Thursday 28th March: 8km at average pace 5'14" per km in a total time of 41'54" keeping heart rate between 65-75%.

Woooo hoooo!! Thanks again for the challenge and congrats to everyone who ran (whether you managed 20 runs or not).
  • wifeyy
    Options

Woot woot!

AWESOME JOB~~~:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm glad you made the 20th mark. YAY
  • wifeyy
    Options
    20 runs CONPLETED!!!!!!!!
    I'm so proud of myself:)!!!
    I'm so happy for everyone who completed this challenge!!
    Even anyone who gave it there all and got close!
    That was difficult:)!!!!
    High fives and water all around lol

We all freakin rock:)

Oh and I'm now addicted to races lol
    The adrenaline kicked in and I flew!!!
    Did my first 5k race today! Placed 6th lady and 15th overall ( I think there was about 40 people there)
    And my time was just under 25 minutes:)
    WTF SERIOUSLY
    I'm super competitive apparently! Lol
    I don't remember the lat time I pushed myself that hard ever hahahaha
    What a high:)

I can't wait for the next race :) I'm I'm love with this new person I'm becoming...
    I AM a runner:)!

Much love to everyone in this group for all of there support!
    Please friend me if you haven't already and would like too:)
    Also please please please pot something here I anyone starts a new challenge:)
    Thanks
    Gigi

YAY you have come a long way and i'm so proud of you making it to the 20.
    Keep it up and thank you for joining the challenge and sticking to it!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • wifeyy
    Options
    Not been on for a wee while but I finished my 20th Run on Thursday 29 March:

20. Thursday 28th March: 8km at average pace 5'14" per km in a total time of 41'54" keeping heart rate between 65-75%.

Woooo hoooo!! Thanks again for the challenge and congrats to everyone who ran (whether you managed 20 runs or not).

AWESOME YAAAY!! We made it to the finnish line. I am glad you kept us ladies motivated. And i will surely invite you for future challenges. Thanks.:laugh: :laugh: