Looking to add some more friends who are in their 40s

tnrunningnurse
tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
Looking for more 40 and fabulous friends. I am a 46 yrs young and the mother of 3 awesome children. I am an Or nurse and I love to run.

Replies

• 1momx3
    1momx3 Posts: 16
    Feel free to add me. I'm 45 and also have 3 children.
  • LisaRN9
    LisaRN9 Posts: 75 Member
    You can add me as well!
  • 4Tracylee
    4Tracylee Posts: 25 Member
    Hey feel free to add me too.

I am 42 and a mom of 5 amazing children. I am a shortie at 4'11'', 5' on a good day and find the last 10 pounds to be gruelling to lose. If you have any advice or tricks pleeeease do share...lol

So glad my girlfriend told me about this site because now I am being accountable for myself.
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Same here, somewhat hard to find women in my age group with same weight issues. I'm so close to 50 I can smell it, have one daughter in college, happily married, LOVE to cook, LOVE my wine, HATE the 10 lbs that occasionally creep on.

I've tried to run numerous times but I am apparently endorphin-deficient. Otherwise, I do enjoy the gym several times a week.

Just joined this group, looking forward to learning new tricks!
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    I'm a 40 year old mother of 3 myself. I have a desk job and sit on my butt all day. I'm just getting back into running. Add me as a friend. :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    hello!!!. i am new here, great site!
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Hi. You can add me.
  • runningonmargaritas
    runningonmargaritas Posts: 69 Member
    Hi. I am a nurse and runner also, feel free to add me.
  • i have 3 kids and a desk job - hard to find time to exercise but i have been trying!
  • Hi, I'm a single mom and believe it or not, in nursing school. Not sure what I was thinking doin this at my age but here I am. Would love to share this journey with others my age going through the same thing. Oh, I'll be 46 in August
  • Hi! My name is Sherri...I'm 41 with 3 kids also....I work retail so I'm on my feet running around all day long...just started a strength training program to hopefully jumpstart my weight loss. Was told by a personal trainer that I was doing too much cardio and not enough weight training. So we'll see how it goes!

Feel free to add me!
  • jellybean482004
    jellybean482004 Posts: 21 Member
    Hello fellow peps, My name is Angie, I'm a 44 yo mom of 4 + (step mom of 4 ), wife, FT ER nurse working trying to balance all of the above. Some things we don't have control of, and some we do. I'm in the mindset now to be taking control of me ( one of the things we do have control over), my health and weight so that i can be better at looking after everything else and feel better about myself.

Starting to have a little more time in between juggling things as the kids are getting older and slowly preparing to leave the nest that i want to get out and find things that i used to enjoy doing ( don't remember as it's been so long) and find new things ( new activities) as well as make new friends as well along the way.

Please feel free to add as a friend.

Looking forward to getting to know you .
  • mom2tek
    mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
    Hi , I'm 41 and mother of 2 young boys. Finding time to exercise has always been challenge between work and activites with my boys. I've been doing much better with it lately. Since January I'm more determined to make it work. Finding MFP has been very motivating for me. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can get off my ellipitical and go running outside! My goal is to at least do a 5k without any walking. If I can do that I think I'd even like to go for a 10k by end of summer.
  • julierewa
    julierewa Posts: 17
    Hi there - I am 44 years old and mother of one teenage daughter (scream!). Loving this website but still quite new. Finding the mini tramp works for me re exercise. I just put it in the lounge in front of the tv and twist and bounce away for 20 mins. Feels like the lazy way to exercise, but it's been so long since I did any that I need to get into it gently! Would love to have emails with other 40+ peeps trying to recreate a new chapter in their lives.
  • Lesann46
    Lesann46 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi there, Ive just joined MFP, I'm 41, mother of 3 and love running too although I'm not great at it, would love to try a half marathon one day!!
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Hi! I'm 43 and a single mom to a great son. I used to run all the time when I was younger and I really miss it. Would like to get back into it eventually. Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Rugbygurl
    Rugbygurl Posts: 17 Member
    You can add me! Im 46 with 2 wonderful adult children and one awesome grandson! :smile:
  • Hi, 48, 3 grown up daughters and 7 wonderful grandsons between 18 months and 13 :smile:
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Hi! I'm 45 and a mother of three boys ages 12-16. I teach elementary school. It seems when I hit 40 I started gaining. I'm not what you'd call "fat" or "obese", so people look at me strangely when I say I want to lose 20 lbs. I just want to get back to where I used to be. The BMI charts say I'm right on the borderline of being "overweight". I am completely on my own when it comes to weight loss. It's not something I have ever tried before. This app (I use it mostly on my iPhone) has been a real eye-opener. I realize what I was putting in my mouth before - I just basically ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Between watching what I'm eating and walking, I'm hoping to take off those 20 lbs.
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    You can add me, too. :)