Looking to add some more friends who are in their 40s

Options

Replies

• Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can all feel free to add me too! :) I'm new to this site. I'm 40 years old, mother to two beautiful girls, 14 & 2, and happily married for almost 16 years. I also have a desk job and sit on my butt all day long. I live on Long Island and would love to make friends taking the same journey. Would love to get to know you all and am looking forward to giving and recieving support and encouragement!

Here's to making us all healthier and happier!! :smile:
  • cddonald22
    cddonald22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! You can add me!
  • acelynp2
    acelynp2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just saw this thread. I'm also looking for friends. Been doing MFP for a few months now and had some friend attrition so could use a few more! I have had the best connections with "twin" friends who are similar in age, fitness interests and weightloss needs. I am 42, mom to 2 girls (8 and 10), love running, spinning, hiking, stand-up paddleboarding and exercise in general. I have lost 13 lbs and am looking to lose 22 more (goal weight 134). I am on here every weekday and try to check in on the weekends too. Please feel free to friend me if you think we'd be a good fit to motivate each other!
  • Kamalmohta
    Options
    Joined MFP last week. I hope to lose 6 Kgs (13 Lbs) in next 6 months. 43 year Old with desk job in China/India.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    47 and have maintained my loss for over a year:-) I feel better in my late 40's then I did in my 20's:-)
  • buffyanne1
    buffyanne1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi,feel free to add me as well,Im 45,married and have two grown sons.I enjoy working out at home with my firm videos and riding my horse.
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You can add me, age 44. Teacher, mom of two daughters age 15 and 19, wife. Love to spin! Lift weights twice weekly.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 41 (42 in Nov - which I can't believe). I'm married with a soon to be 3 year-old daughter. I want to say she keeps me young, but lately, she's mostly kept me exhausted! Why did I wait so long to have kids?!?!?!? :)

I'm slowly getting back into exercise. I used to exercise a lot -- running, biking, swimming. Played tennis in high school and college, so I'm trying to work that back in. I have been very sedentary the past 3 years, but am determined to get in shape to be a role model for my daughter and also to keep up with her.

Let's motivate each other and shed these pounds once and for all!
  • sallymiehlke
    Options
    Hi my name is sally and i also have children leaving the nest and trying to lose the weight I have put on in the last few years, and I am trying to find my self again so you can add me
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you'd like you and anyone else can add me. I just turned 46 last month and have 2 boys. One is 20 and one is 16. I have quit a lot to lose, but so far I've lost 10lbs...pretty excited about that!
  • kbfalkner
    kbfalkner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 with 2 daughters (16 & 9 year old) and a desk job. I've been using MFP for several months but new to groups. I've maintained a 30 lb. loss, but can't seem to lose any more. I could really use the motivation and support. Please feel free to add me.
  • Corki44
    Corki44 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, happy if you add me too!

I'm Nicki, I'm 43 and have kind of started everything later in life, including to finally committing to losing weight and feeling truly good about myself.

I'm a wife to a wonderful husband and mum of 2 firecrackers under 5. I live in Central Queensland and I have my own business. I am loving what life has to offer. I've found a new passion in the gym and thoroughly enjoy spin, combat and pump classes.

I joined MFP four days ago and am loving the site and what it has to offer!

This committment begun when a trip to Fiji was planned. We've now got 5 weeks before we fly out. I've come from a size 22-24 and am currently an 18. I'm feeling a little better about going out in a swimsuit.
  • maureenec
    maureenec Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm 43 years old, a teacher, and a mom of 3 (17, 14, and 4). I run and do lots of Jillian Michaels DVDs. My whole health kick really started when I turned 40. I realized that without some changes I was going to continue to add 5 lbs. a year. Walking the dog was not enough exercise!

I lost 16 lbs. in the last year and a half, and I joined MFP a few weeks ago for help with getting rid of this last 8. Grrrrrr.
  • Cyndist1
    Cyndist1 Posts: 21
    Options
    Looking to add friends too.
    Will be 44 in Sept.
    3 children (grown and out of the house)
    2 grandsons
    and live in MN
    Cindy
  • SamKinPoCo
    SamKinPoCo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm fairly new to MFP, 46 yrs old, mother of an 11 yr old girl and 8 yr old boy. My 30th high school reunion is in May 2013 and I'd like to be in "single digit" sizes by then. I figure I've got about 40 pounds to lose to get there.
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am 41 and just reached a loss of 20 lbs.Looking for just a few more and these last few are tough!
  • lisalove37
    Options
    You can add me!!! 45, mother of 2 ...used to call myself a 1/2 marathon runner....physical therapist, looking for inspiration and motivation
  • Klimek13
    Klimek13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me also, will be 45 in September. I haven't started running yet but I walk everyday...baby steps...
  • paulalmanza
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 42 and live in Texas!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the group, been on MFP 15 months, I do 2 jobs DULL insurance and FUN DJing, I have 4 children and a 16 month grandson (my entire world) I currently reside in my sisters spare room... Feel free to add me, Oh LEEDS UK