Looking to add some more friends who are in their 40s

Options

Replies

• chessie11
    chessie11 Posts: 52
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I need more friends here too. :) I'm 47 with two kids. On and off again here at MFP. Not as nearly as physically active as I used to be, although I love walking. I see outside motivation and encouragement is required for me these days. Thanks!
  • mbamom2013
    Options
    Hi Everyone - Please add me! I certainly need all the help and support I can get :)

I am 42, have two teenage sons, am finishing up my MBA on April 13, 2013, and will be starting marathon training in the next couple of days.
  • tgwed
    tgwed Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am 47 and have been using MFP for a month and have lost about 7 lbs. Not always easy though. Desk job certainly doesn't make it any easier. Feel free to add me as a friend. Support is always welcome.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Us nurses have to stick together :) friend request coming your way.
  • geminside
    geminside Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Mom to 2 great teenage boys, happily married and I'm a nurse as well.
    I treat people with Hepatitis C.
  • Batyah777
    Options
    I am new to the board and would love to have some friends. I signed up for MFP about a year ago but did not do much with it but now I am ready. I have lost 40+ pounds this past year and need to lose about that much more and need to be more accountable with the last half. I am married with no children, have 3 dogs and have some health issues that I am working on. I am in perimenopause and a bit shocked about that, my mom and grandmother were done by the time they were 42 so it looks like I am following in their footsteps.
  • tamjak
    tamjak Posts: 28
    Options
    You can add me too. I have run 3 marathons, but packed the pounds on during two pregnancies. Now, I am trying to go for a 5K race this summer, but my ultimate goal is to run another marathon in 2014 after losing another 50 pounds. Running when overweight is brutal.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you'd like.
  • blondeee40
    Options
    Add Me!!!!!
  • kikkywilson
    Options
    Feel free to add me....just starting out here...a mom of two young "men" i need the support. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • hisfitwife11
    hisfitwife11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    41 Here..5 children..3 grandchildren. Working on toning and building muscle. 5' 5' 109 lbs. I am pre-disposed for osteoporosis.and need more muscle.

Add me..:)
  • Kathryn1019
    Kathryn1019 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    46 mother of 6...I don't run (yet) but add me :)
  • Saskrunner53
    Saskrunner53 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just turned 40 and have 2 children. I love to run!!!
  • maritza2000
    maritza2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am 43 and just had my first baby. I am here to get healthy and energized!
  • KarleneHansen
    Options
    You can add me. I'm new, just started here today! I'm 48 with 5 (1 deceased) grown children, 2 living with us as well as 3 granddaughters.
  • justsusin
    justsusin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. I am 45 and about 30 lbs overweight. I needs some meal and food idea's. I have a boyfriend who loves to eat and we can really chow down together. So in the 5 years we have been together I have put on 30 lbs. I want to lose this and be healthy and active again so any help or ideas from anybody would be wonderful. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Looks like 3 is the magic number for kids! I'm 46 years old, will be 47 in August and I also have 3 children. I sit on my butt all day as a switchboard operator for 7 Hospitals! I need to lose 50 pounds! I've alsways struggled with the extra 20 pounds, but then I quit smoking and added another 30 pounds and now I can't for the life of me get any of it off! I don't like to run. I get bored with the gym, but I've recently found Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I'm liking the 20 minute work out! I would love to hear what the trick is for us forty somethings! Add me, I need all the support I can get and I love to encourage others! It's a journey and I'm here for the long *kitten* haul!
  • somsab
    somsab Posts: 5
    Options
    I also am looking for some friends, add me if you want ☺
  • NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nadine, I'm 45 and a mother of 2 children.

I love to run too but since the injury I'm running on my treadmill instead but I do love it and I feel so blessed to still being able to run again. You can add me if you want. :happy:
  • FireballStrike
    Options
    Hi! I'm 41 and have 3 teenagers, so while I hike, strength train and do 5k obstacle races, I also love craft beer to keep the balance of sanity! :wink:

Feel free to add me!