Looking to add some more friends who are in their 40s

Options

Replies

• PRQueen71
    Options
    Hi.
    You can add me if youd like :0)
    Im 41, 2 stepdaughters, 1 son, 1 daughter and 1 grandson.
    Just restarted myself here on MFP again so hopefully I stick to it.

Vanessa
  • JessiesGirl69
    JessiesGirl69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sherri...I'm 41 with 3 kids also....I work retail so I'm on my feet running around all day long...just started a strength training program to hopefully jumpstart my weight loss. Was told by a personal trainer that I was doing too much cardio and not enough weight training. So we'll see how it goes!

Feel free to add me!

Sherri, did your trainer tell you that that is the reason that you are not losing weight is because of too much cardio? I'm doing about 9 hrs. of cardio a week (differnet classes) and I'm keeping up just fine. I did add on 30 min with my trianer 2x week for a combination of cardio/strength training. I'm not losing it fast but I am seeing some weight and inches come off. I was just wondering if there is such a thing of too much cardio and can that prevent you from losing weight?

Thanks!
  • rbrown5068
    rbrown5068 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here and looking to make new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • lepps0412
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and also looking to add friends who are in their 40's. I'm struggling to find motivation to take off the 10 extra pounds I gained while being unemployed for 3 months. :smile:
  • cherieliny
    cherieliny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi..You can add me. I've been on the site for 2 weeks now and I love it. I'm 41 - self employed mother of 2 and my goal is to loose the 40 lb I gained from 4 years at a stressful desk job!
  • annjt
    annjt Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi , I just hit that number this last december. I am mother of 2. For last 6 years I neglected myself a lot due to a lot issues I was in but finally I decided to take care of mysself as the first step. I want to loose weight thats my priority. Hope in this group, this community we all can contribute something to each other in gaining thoir goals. Please add me.
  • paulanthony9596
    paulanthony9596 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I just turned 43 this month and looking for some extra encouragement! I have three children that keep me on the run but I tend to slack occasionally! I enjoy running and have recently gotten back on the road!
  • rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    41 for one more week feel free to add me
  • nitabean47
    nitabean47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ANYONE feel free to add me.....I am 40, married, 1 step-child.....been battling weight all my life and it was hard before but OMG now it feels impossible somedays.
  • Judyfarn
    Judyfarn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, I am 43 and a mother of 2 teens. Went through some hard times for about 3 years = added weight, life is looking good and getter better, now its my turn to start looking good and feeling better :)
  • RustyDogma
    RustyDogma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me 42 :)
  • ChangingDad
    ChangingDad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 44 with five great kids. Just getting back publicly on MFP after month break. Hoping to transition from walking to running more this year now that I finally got the lbs off and my knees are thanking me for it. :o)
  • sjdaubs
    sjdaubs Posts: 7
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 44, single mother of a 14 yr old boy & 12 yr old girl. My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in 2009. It turned my wold upside down & I packed on the pounds. Things are much better now. She is on an insulin pump and the daily roller coaster of blood sugars have become our "normal" way of life. I'm back in the gym and making healthier meals for all 3 of us.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    47 year of mom of one son (almost 22). Engaged to a wonderful man. Christian. Trying to get in shape and a healthier lifestyle overall.
  • dietcokaholic2
    Options
    Hi, my name is Bobbie and I am in my 40's! Any of you are welcome to add me!
  • kerri55345
    kerri55345 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kerri (44) and I too am looking to add some friends. I have been doing MFP for about a week and am really loving it. I would love to add some friends that will help share motivation and successes with each other.
  • TinaTeeTee
    TinaTeeTee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, just turned 41 and have a 12 year old son. I need all the support I can get!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. Proud full time single daddy striving to be the best 46 year old around for my kids,lol.
  • nivekeh
    nivekeh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 48 with have 2 sons.
  • justBAZ
    justBAZ Posts: 2
    Options
    Just joined the group and would love to commiserate with fellow forty-somethings! Feel free to add me as a friend.