Replies

• escobar80103
    Options
    you can add me too
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 44, mom of a 17 and 20 yr. old, work from home, enjoy running, biking, hiking, and yoga. Feel free to add.
  • AquaDITN
    AquaDITN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm turning 44 this summer. I'm also a first time mom of a wonderful baby girl. I've always been able to keep thin'ish (at least in my own mind) through the years, but as I entered my 40's it's getting harder and harder. I let myself go! LOL I'm seeing the need to focus on strength training more than my cardio to tone and build muscle. I'm not yet ready to accept this tire around my middle as permanent...etc.
    I originally joined MFP in 2010 but did not take advantage of all it has to offer. I didn't set up a profile or get involved. Now I'm back in 2012 and trying to do things different!

Feel free to add me :)
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm new to the site and have discovered the groups today. I'm 42, single Mum to a teenage daughter. Took up taekwondo when I hit 40 as I am determined to shift the weight I put on when I had my daughter which I've never lost. If I could lose a stone and be 9 stone again I know I'd feel so much better - and hopefully my spare tyre should deflate a bit! Please add me as a friend - I need moral support to stop me from eating those Haribos!
  • ndetmer
    ndetmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just turned 43 myself have been working off my college football eating habits - feel free to add me.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i am 41 divorced with 2 dogs and i am working at my weight loss goals
  • Demarie68
    Demarie68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal and looking for friends in the 40's too! Feel free to add me!
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, stay at home mum, 43. How I got to be 43 is beyond me, I am still 25 in my head.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am 40, soon to be 41. I have 2 kids, 10 and 5. I started losing weight in July and am down 40lbs with 90 left to go. I have been working on breaking a plateau and could use encouragement too.

Feel free to add me.
  • janarn329
    janarn329 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im 41, PACU (recovery room) RN, mother of 2. I in the Navy and 1 graduating HS on Monday. Im am looking to make my 40s great. . . so far. . not so great!! LOL Just got divorced and trying to rejuvinate, recover, and shed all the weight I gained over the past 8 months. Not as easy as it used to be!!
  • audinphx
    audinphx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I"m 41, and have worked at a desk job for 20+ years...getting harder and harder to stay in shape. Feel free to friend me, I'd love to make some "non-20 something" MFP friends for support.
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I have just turned 40 and am new to the site. In my mind's eye I want to look like Lara Croft but have come to the conclusion that a) I am not a cartoon character and do not have gravity defying breasts b) I am not 21 and c) I'd probably have a heart attack on the first somersault.

feel free to add me, I'm in the UK :)
  • sports4momca
    Options
    you can add me. 46 and have 4 wonderful children. Baby graduates Saturday. My hubby is looking forward to grandchildren but i am not ready for them until I am at least 50, maybe by then I will have lost all this weight and will be a great-looking grandma, lol
    anyone fell free to add me, I can use all the encouragement and accountability i can get.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I have just turned 40 and am new to the site. In my mind's eye I want to look like Lara Croft but have come to the conclusion that a) I am not a cartoon character and do not have gravity defying breasts b) I am not 21 and c) I'd probably have a heart attack on the first somersault.

feel free to add me, I'm in the UK :)
    I wanted to be Lara croft too! I still feel 21 and am working on my somersault,. I'm just rolling a bit slower now.
  • Terri97471
    Terri97471 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I am a 48 year old mom of 2 grown children and a granddaughter. I love to give and receive support.
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! 41 from New York here!

I am currently working towards losing 91 lbs. I know it gets harder as the years go by, and I had started feeling MUCH older than my age. I know if I don't do it now, it will only get more difficult.

Good luck to everyone here!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, mom to two teenagers, and would love more friends my age on here. I'm happily married and own a mystery shopping company (yes it's legit!)
  • justgin1
    justgin1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My name is Gin, I'm 47 and have two boys. I'd like of add some of you as friends if you don't mind. I like the boards here, but some of the 20somethings believe anyone in their 40's is ancient, I know I did when I was 20something. What they don't know is that we *are* still 20somethings in our heads, just a bit wiser and living in bodies that have been around a lot longer.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My name is Gin, I'm 47 and have two boys. I'd like of add some of you as friends if you don't mind. I like the boards here, but some of the 20somethings believe anyone in their 40's is ancient, I know I did when I was 20something. What they don't know is that we *are* still 20somethings in our heads, just a bit wiser and living in bodies that have been around a lot longer.

I had to chuckle at this. So true! Feel free to add me. Losing weight at 40-something is most definitely harder than 20-something.

I'm 49 and a mother to two teenagers, 15 and 17.
  • msvdz
    msvdz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    45 and just started today. I have 2 sons and am a VP in Toronto. I need like minded people who I can relate to and like wise. I am in!