Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I went to the Thor marathon at the theater yesterday. It was epic. Got a full size Loki poster to put in my room now.

She's up all night to get Loki

http://www.iwantedm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/6a9eget-loki.png

Haha hell yes.

Cannot WAIT to see Thor this weekend (possibly tonight). Overdue for some T-Hiddy!

I'm going again as soon as I can, which is Tuesday morning when the kids are in school.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I was standing in the popcorn line to see the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, surrounded by people wearing TARDIS dresses, fezzes, bowties, trenchcoats, Silence marks and even a Cyberman helmet, and realized I was whistling to myself... the intro theme to Game of Thrones.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    because I am excited for the cyber-Monday sale on Comixology :)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    It was geek fan girl day and I went nuts with the GOT stuff and been trolling around as the Khaleesi.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Because I joined Sal as Osha
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    Because I joined Sal as Osha

:drinker:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    Is there a GOT group withing the Geek Squad?
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started rereading Harry Potter.

I'm watching Dr. Who on Netflix. I've seen miscellaneous episodes before, but I've never sat through the series and followed the storyline. Feels good to start from the (rebooted) beginning.

I gift wrapped some nerdy things for my significant other.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my day yesterday here: http://csedweek.org/
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I tricked my horse into going past a scary thing (made my handle animal check, yay!)

He wouldn't walk past some plastic flapping in the wind, but was all too willing to hurry back the other way toward his stable and his dinner.

So I let him accelerate toward home, then spun him around and used the momentum to carry us past the Tarpaulin of Doom.

A trick I learned from reading Heinlein, because they use gravity wells a lot...
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    because while half asleep on the couch i begged my partner to get on my WoW account to do my engineering cooldowns..."but i can't miss a day! if i miss a day i'll be behind schedule on making the mount!!" *falls back asleep mumbling*
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Because I keep stats of win percentages on games played and do an annual review and put them in order ranking my top 75 favorite boardgames including best mechanics (co-op, vs, euro, etc), best themes and best overall.

I alsohave a Star Wars room, a LOTR room and a HP hallway decked out in my home. :bigsmile: And I am currently working on the master bedroom which will be a Lovecraftian themed room.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I also have a Star Wars room, a LOTR room and a HP hallway decked out in my home. :bigsmile: And I am currently working on the master bedroom which will be a Lovecraftian themed room.

It's been a while since I've read any Lovecraft, but.... in the bedroom???

Would love to see pics of your other decorating though :)
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I set some small goals that I hope to reach by the first of Feb. and as a reward I put sonic screwdriver earrings and lightsaber earrings on my wishlist at thinkgeek to buy if I complete them!!! So excited! I really wish they had direwolf or dragon egg earrings!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Today I am a nerd because if I hear Rosetta I am not thinking translation stone but spaceship and meteors
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I tricked my horse into going past a scary thing (made my handle animal check, yay!)

He wouldn't walk past some plastic flapping in the wind, but was all too willing to hurry back the other way toward his stable and his dinner.

So I let him accelerate toward home, then spun him around and used the momentum to carry us past the Tarpaulin of Doom.

A trick I learned from reading Heinlein, because they use gravity wells a lot...

Hahaha, that's amazing! I had a horse that was afraid of sheep. SHEEP. -- to the point where my options were to take the trail that took me three farms in the wrong direction, or just go for it and just hope he didn't bolt. ..."I'll see you in a couple of miiiiiiles!"

Today I'm a nerd because I'm checking out the chemical composition of my food as I eat it.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Last night I dreamed the doghouse was a Tardis... I was very disappointed when i woke up.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I started this years cosplay this weekend
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm moving dozens of huge video files from laptop to NAS and COMPLETELY saturating the 100MB switch! Hasn't dropped below 97% for almost an hour! Can't wait to hookup new Juniper firewall, 2 managed Gb switches, and 3 Wireless-N WAPs to test the limits of that bandwidth! Bought new network infrastructure for self X-Mas gift but haven't had time to swap out.

Next on list for upgrading my home lab is a couple of boxes to serve as vSphere farm. Can't wait!
  • _meesh_
    Options
    Not really today, but today I'm back online and keeping track, so....

For Christmas I got:
    2 Doctor Who shirts (one blue with the tardis on it and the other with 'hello sweetie' on it)
    1 Big Bang Theory shirt (rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock diagram)
    The bag of holding and handbag of holding from Think Geek and
    Cmdr Chris Hadfield's biography..