Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It's 1.30 in the morning and I've been DMing for 8 hours solid.
  • lucygirl1914
    lucygirl1914 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I have read 57 books on a list that BBC thinks the majority has only read 6 from.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I have read 57 books on a list that BBC thinks the majority has only read 6 from.

Oooh, what's that list?
  • lucygirl1914
    Options

Oooh, what's that list?
    It's on List Challenges entitled "BBC Believes You Only Read 6 of These Books...". It is an interesting list, and it has book series as well as stand alone novels.

Today I'm a nerd because of what happened last week on Pi day. First of all I had pi day marked on my calendar. Secondly my parakeet couple, Nate and Sophie*, had a hatchling that I've hence named Sugar Pie because of it being hatched on pi day. That and I now can sing Sugar Pie Honey Bunch whenever I hand-feed him/her. Yep, it's official I am a nerd. B-)
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    Great list! ...I've already read 6 of them to my son, who's 5, so I think it's a little silly of BBC to think that...but I'm afraid that maybe the world really is that illiterate?

I'm also sad I've only read 46, but now I have something to aspire to.

...and so happy Secret History is on there. I'm excited to read her latest book, even if the second one was like pulling teeth, without the joy of having the tooth fairy visit. And Watership Down. Love that book. Skipped the part about the scary warren when I read it to the kid.
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    9. I've read 9 to him, I had to count. So I guess that really makes me a nerd today. And I've been very excited to introduce him to others to him in the coming years.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd because you talked about the book list and I had to see how many I read, only 18, but 5 are on my to read list. the rest just don't interest me that much.

Oh and yesterday I saw that there was a Firefly marathon on the Science Channel, guess what I did all day instead of cleaning (and yes I said many of the lines with them)
  • thegreatcc1
    Options
    Today im a nerd.. Because I bought 50 dollars worth of dc comics sketch cards.:) while wearing a ninja turtles shirt.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My husband got me the Millennium Falcon lego for our anniversary. I squeed a little.
  • lucygirl1914
    Options
    Today I am a nerd because I sang the first 50 digits of pi – yes I knew them by heart – to the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic to celebrate becoming a lifetime member of Kappa Mu Epsilon.

Yes, now it is official I am a Math Nerd :glasses:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    <~~~ Because I am Phoenix! ♡
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    As just have delivered a mothers day present me and my son are doing for my better half. The present is a carton picture drawn by a friend of ours of of all three of us as startrek characters.

Russ
  • Abbie_T
    Abbie_T Posts: 38
    Options
    Last night I had a dream that I was LARPing and instead of going back to sleep for a well deserved lie in, I've spent my time perusing the internet for the next addition to my costume...
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I just had to turn off my music collection at work playing on shuffle because I can't listen to some tracks from the Return of the King soundtrack without getting emotional.

lolllll :)

That and the hour I spent playing Ocarina of Time last night with my fam. I totally STILL get really excited at the cutscenes.
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    Oh and yesterday I saw that there was a Firefly marathon on the Science Channel, guess what I did all day instead of cleaning (and yes I said many of the lines with them)
    My husband and I quote this back and forth to the kids often...mostly about betrayals of certain dinosaurs.
    Today I am a nerd because I sang the first 50 digits of pi – yes I knew them by heart – to the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic to celebrate becoming a lifetime member of Kappa Mu Epsilon.

Yes, now it is official I am a Math Nerd :glasses:

That is awesome. I wish I had a reason to sing any digits of pi.

I love reading these every day.
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I spent my entire work shift contemplating the ongoing season of Hannibal (and maybe or maybe not reading comment threads on articles about the episodes), and then went home to set up some prose roleplays.
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hannibal, unfff. That show is freaking delicious. (I used to have a Hannibal pic on my ticker, ha!)
    :)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm getting excited about cosplaying this weekend, just purchased some finishing touches
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Spent the day drawing patterns and shopping for material to make my new fencing outfit. This one's going to be 14th century style, a cotehardie with dagged tippet sleeves and a hood with matching dags and a liripipe. Particoloured red and green.
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I went to Clearwater library comic con. There I saw an older curvy version of Mystique. My first thought was that she was a Nac Mac Feegle. Second, I wore my Honor Harrington battle list shirt. Third, I wore my "Dragonmen must fly when thread is in the sky" button. Can we say Esoteric? :-)