Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I personalized my ticker with the new Ms. Marvel, Kamala Khan. I've never been into comic books (aside from Star Wars, wherein I'm into everything remotely related it), but I'm psyched about this new book, especially as a muslim american geek.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I was totally stoked that I got my next cosplay project off the ground this weekend :D
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    ...because Sunday afternoon, I had the first proper jousting practice on my horse!
  • suleng
    suleng Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ...because Sunday afternoon, I had the first proper jousting practice on my horse!

That's the coolest thing I've ever heard!! :)
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options

Agreed, that is pretty dang cool! :)
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Agreed, that is pretty dang cool! :)

Aww, thanks. I always wanted to do it as a child, and merely being an adult doesn't *have* to mean you become sensible, right?
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I sadly admit, I have done nothing nerdy today, my apologies.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Talked to my seamstress about my summer cosplay - a femme!12th doctor. Gotta get in early, to avoid the rush like happened with femme!11th doctors. Excited!
  • suleng
    suleng Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Er....went to work, sold board games and rpgs, then went to role play.

Currently building a steam punk gattlinger given to me by my lovely friend!! :)
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I got Marvel pajamas. They are the best i own now. I have also had an extended discussion with an ex-colleague about many of the recent and pending Marvel and DC films. mostly the pj's though.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Technically yesterday but practicing volleyball using Kakashi-sensei's thousand years of death move as my hit. ..yelling spaceship when hitting the ball... Today... does wearing my TMNT shirt count? ;)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Made excellent progress in building my polearm for this years costume :D
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    today I'm a nerd, because along with my standard bunch of exercising and writing, I'm working on crocheting an afghan based on a tetris pattern. My gosh, I want to wedgie myself just reading that! lol
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ...I can't wait to get home to spend some time with my laptop - it's the first time I've ever had Linux on my only computer.

On the other hand, I _did_ install Ubuntu, so I'm maybe not that much of a nerd.

On the gripping hand, I tried Fedora first, but canned it because there wasn't a driver for my wireless card.
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ironically, with two disney loving children, I hear Rosetta, I think Garden fairy lol
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    today I'm a nerd, because along with my standard bunch of exercising and writing, I'm working on crocheting an afghan based on a tetris pattern. My gosh, I want to wedgie myself just reading that! lol

Today I am a nerd because I am currently designing and crocheting a Mario-themed cozy for my 3DSXL. :laugh:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm temp-moving several GBs of M4V files from my laptop to my NAS and completely saturating a 100MB wired connection!
    yKV5DRS.jpg

My single 100Mb switch is the current botleneck. I eagerly anticipate the speeds that I'll get when I finally have time to upgrade my internal backbone with dual 1Gb managed switches. I already have the hardware sitting here, just need the time to do it. ZOMG the speeds I'll have then!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Finished Words of Radiance from Brandon Sanderson (the second one of the Stormlight archive) and I'm feeling all empty inside waiting for the next one now. So epic.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am total nerd, I am creating computer training for France and the only French name I could think to use was Jean-Luc Picard.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    been watching the it crowd again most of this week, new wonder woman t-shirt and 2 zombie t-shirts ordered and en route.