Season 2 - Episode 12 - "Better Angels" 03/11/12

Options

Replies

• Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I would think it only fair to talk in detail about the comic only up to where the show is. Just because you can find the info somewhere on the net even if you don't read the comics (and why would you? if you want to know read the comic, actually know the guts of the story not just the highlights) doesn't mean everyone is doing that.

It's like someone who hasn't seen "Ole Yeller" and someone walks by and says "Oh I remember that movie where the dog dies. blah blah" Not right.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    MOD NOTE

Please see Rule #2 regarding spoilers

2. Do not discuss future episodes within a particular episode's thread.

If anyone would like to discuss the plotline of the comic books we can start a thread regarding that. Otherwise please do not mention any spoilers from the comic book storyline. Thanks :smile:
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I would think it only fair to talk in detail about the comic only up to where the show is. Just because you can find the info somewhere on the net even if you don't read the comics (and why would you? if you want to know read the comic, actually know the guts of the story not just the highlights) doesn't mean everyone is doing that.

It's like someone who hasn't seen "Ole Yeller" and someone walks by and says "Oh I remember that movie where the dog dies. blah blah" Not right.

Old Yeller dies?!? Hahahahaha, sorry, I sometimes find myself being humourous, and I felt the need to share my sarcasm. Hope it made someone else giggle too :tongue:
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    [/quote]

Old Yeller dies?!? Hahahahaha, sorry, I sometimes find myself being humourous, and I felt the need to share my sarcasm. Hope it made someone else giggle too :tongue:
    [/quote]

I knew someone would do that. :tongue:
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I knew someone would do that. :tongue:
    [/quote]

Beat me to it. The other problem with discussing the comic is that some people have said they want to read the comic too.
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"Rick is struggling with morality issues and while I agree that he doesn't always make the smartest choice, I don't think he is a wimp because of it. And I do not agree at all that the group is screwed without Shane. He completely lost his mind and was too dangerous to anyone who didn't agree with him. Shane was not the only character with balls- did you notice last week when Daryl took Randall back to the shed? He looked like he was ready to take care of him right there. He had Randall trussed up, gagged and was sharpening his knife right as Dale started screaming. He also proved he's got balls when he put Dale out of his misery when no one else could. Daryl is a total bad *kitten* and could easily become Ricks right hand man. He can make the tough decisions, he clearly has the most common sense and he isn't trying to sleep with Lori behind Ricks back. Also- daryl is the only eye candy I need!!"
    [/quote]

Yes, Daryl is perfect. Can we please just start an "I love Daryl" thread (pic heavy, of course)! :)
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I would definitely feel safer with Daryl than with Shane! I happen to like Rick too - It's never easy being the leader and trying to have a heart, make the tough decisions. As for "leaving the group" so often to do stuff, what kind of leader would he be if he ONLY delegated to other people to do the "dirty work" instead of doing some of it himself?
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    But no one has told Darryl that his gun is gone, and he and Glen are still out in the woods!! I'm thinking that something is going to happen where he can't get back into the house and he's going to have to escape on his bike, and he will run out of arrows and go for the gun in his saddlebag and it won't be there and he will be screwed. And it will be all Carl's fault.

But Darryl took another gun with him before they left.....But that is gonna come up somehow...Him needing it and not having it...
    and i agree with you about the Walkers already being near the house.....hearing the gun shots made them move a little faster. In the beginning of the ep. They were out patrolling and it was what 3-4 walkers eating on a cow...that is what is attracting them there...one of them put out a homing signal..FREE SLOW FOOD!!!

I know another has to die, I just dont know WHO!!! altho i have a few i would not mind seeing gone...I still want everyone to make it...
  • zebraspots2069
    Options
    Didn't Randall tell Shane that they were 5 miles out from the highway.....that's only about what???? a hop, skip and jump to the farm...It is very much possible that the GANG OF 33 will just happen to trip onto the farm, right as the walkers are there and help get rid of them OR when they are all gone and end up being more of a problem...BECAUSE they are not gonna have enough AMMO to fight...
    Shane is only eye candy from that scene when he killed Otis, standing there in the bathroom mirror, with the shower running getting the room all foggy...and cutting off his hair....SORRY I'm back....I was reminiscing for a minute...

QUESTION...who else doesn't think that Glen is that into Maggie?
  • zebraspots2069
    Options
    I would definitely feel safer with Daryl than with Shane! I happen to like Rick too - It's never easy being the leader and trying to have a heart, make the tough decisions. As for "leaving the group" so often to do stuff, what kind of leader would he be if he ONLY delegated to other people to do the "dirty work" instead of doing some of it himself?

Here Here!!! PRO RICK
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I agree about Carl having the gun - FIRST THING they should have done was tell Darryl that it was gone- I thought the same thing- he's gonna come riding in on his "white horse" aka Sweet Ride, and reach for the gun when he's out of arrows, and Surprise! WTH? I mean I know these people are scavengers now too, but still, you tell someone when you remove their weapon. Fan of Rick, not a big Lori fan, and starting to be irritated with Carl. I do like Hershel now that he's not delusional about the Walkers getting better.
  • joelabro
    Options
    I agree about Carl having the gun - FIRST THING they should have done was tell Darryl that it was gone- I thought the same thing- he's gonna come riding in on his "white horse" aka Sweet Ride, and reach for the gun when he's out of arrows, and Surprise! WTH? I mean I know these people are scavengers now too, but still, you tell someone when you remove their weapon. Fan of Rick, not a big Lori fan, and starting to be irritated with Carl. I do like Hershel now that he's not delusional about the Walkers getting better.

I think someone said in another post that Daryl mentioned he knew his gone was gone. I have watched the episode twice and didn't notice him saying that.

The first thing they should have done was MAKE CARL TAKE IT BACK. Then give Carl another gun. And make sure everyone else has one, including the cows.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

I think someone said in another post that Daryl mentioned he knew his gone was gone. I have watched the episode twice and didn't notice him saying that.

The first thing they should have done was MAKE CARL TAKE IT BACK. Then give Carl another gun. And make sure everyone else has one, including the cows.
    He said "Wish I knew where mine was" referring to his gun. It was when Rick (I think) handed him Dale's gun. They were standing by the truck and Daryl was putting something in the back. Right after he said "Is this Dale's piece?"
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

He said "Wish I knew where mine was" referring to his gun. It was when Rick (I think) handed him Dale's gun. They were standing by the truck and Daryl was putting something in the back. Right after he said "Is this Dale's piece?"

I don't remember hearing him saying that, but if you do, I believe you. However, that's not really the point. The point is that the kid took a loaded weapon that wasn't his, didn't tell anyone he took it, and then almost lost it in the woods with the walker. And after he came back and told Shane that he had it, and Shane then told Rick, BUT NO ONE TOLD DARRYL!! Shouldn't SOMEONE tell him why it was missing?? Since practically everyone but him knows.
  • joelabro
    Options

Watched it for the third time (why the heck not!) and yep it was right before Daryl and Rick were about to take Randall out and drop him off. Daryl was loading up the truck.
  • zebraspots2069
    Options
    And Shane told Rick to give it back to Darryl, when he went to talk to him about his crazy kid....he goes and gives the gun BACK to the kid and gives Darryl DALES gun..and STILL didn't say anything AFTER Darryl said he noticed his was missing..
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Rick is a **** up
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    one thing I liked was when Shane told Rick "You care more about releasing that kid [Randall] than your own son."

All Rick could say was "I'M THE LEADER, IT'S MY CALL, BLAH BLAH BLAH" I'm like really?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    one thing I liked was when Shane told Rick "You care more about releasing that kid [Randall] than your own son."

All Rick could say was "I'M THE LEADER, IT'S MY CALL, BLAH BLAH BLAH" I'm like really?

I pretty sure, after rewatching the first two episodes, I saw Rick leave his spine somewhere in Atlanta. He should go back and get it.
  • joelabro
    Options

You know it's funny, as a reader of the comic that is EXACTLY what Rick's character is supposed to be. He's a flawed character, no question. He stuggles with leadership because no one else steps up, and he makes very bad decisions. I think it's our tendency to expect the leading man to be a flawless hero, but nope, that is not what Rick is. This is kind of how it is in the real world, no one is perfect, and that's what I like about this story.