Today!

Options

Replies

• jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Recovery yesterday - lots of little muscles in pain from tennis! I had planned to run tonight but my feet are really hurting - 20 minutes strength training instead. Tennis again tomorrow (need new tennis shoes).

Coolhand, I've also thought about the bridge to 10K. Kinda started working on longer distances on my own but recently realized that I need a program to guide me. Now I'm thinking about starting the C25K program over again but with running at goal pace and jogging instead of jogging and walking. Hmm, not sure which method I'll use... I'll be interested to follow your progress.

Angie, I'm impressed with your pace! Good job :)
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Well, in the rundouble program I used for C25K, it also has a free trial of a 5to10k bridge program, but for free it has a 5k improver (which is intervals - and basically doing the c25k program over but running hard instead of slow). I decided to do the 5k improver first. I did it this morning and got my first sub-10 minute mile in the last of my three miles. Overall, my pace was already quite a bit faster doing it with intervals than it was with my normal slow runs. So, once I get a couple weeks in and make my runs last longer, it should really be a lot better...

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/h2l2Hx8uCLc
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    I cycled 6.5 miles last night with the wife. This morning was a 15 minute elliptical warmup followed by 1/2 hour strength training - upper body...
  • jobryan4
    Options
    1 hr of tennis last night but it wasn't as good of a workout as I had hoped - it depends so much on the hitting partner.

30 min of swimming laps today and 40 min on the bike trainer followed by core strength tonight.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    Tennis on Friday - it was the best workout I've had this year and the most fun!
    Nothing yesterday.
    Ran/walked 5.5 miles this morning but it was the most frustrating workout I had all year, ran with the stroller and I couldn't run more than 4 minutes at a time. So I ran another 3 miles tonight and pushed my pace but took walking breaks, the fastest time I've had so far but not a time to brag about.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    3 mile run Saturday morning with intervals.. it was a tough one - felt like dying/giving up for most of it but persevered (albeit slowly).

Went to a Les Mills "Body Combat" class with the wife yesterday. That sort of class really isn't my thing, but I really feel it in my legs this morning, so I might consider going back.

15 min. elliptical warmup + upper body strength training this morning. Hopefully a run tonight.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    over 3.5 mile run with another .5 mile or so of walking warmup/cooldown

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/iou6oWSjmdI
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So i fell off the map for a while. Been busy and just haven't been back on to this forum. I did 4.25 miles this morning on the bike. Got a wedding this weekend to attend so i hope to be able to post more, but it might not be till monday.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    Swam laps on tuesday, lower body & core strength training last night and will run 3 miles tonight.
  • heatherlsi
    heatherlsi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Swam and hour this morning, 45 minutes strength training.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    yesterday - 1mile treadmill warmup followed by 45 min. upper body strength training

today - run/walk about 3.5 miles interval training with 5k improver program + about .5 mile cooldown walk
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    been on vacation in Daytona. I indulged a little on food but I did manage to get some type of exercise 6 out of 8 days. To top it off on the day we left I went out for a run on the beach, was able to watch the sunrise, and I had my personal best time!! I can honestly say I felt the runners "high".

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    been on vacation in Daytona. I indulged a little on food but I did manage to get some type of exercise 6 out of 8 days. To top it off on the day we left I went out for a run on the beach, was able to watch the sunrise, and I had my personal best time!! I can honestly say I felt the runners "high".

Angie

Glad you had a good time and were able to keep up your fitness!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    yesterday - ran 5k+ intervals
    this morning - 20 minutes precor crossramp elliptical + upper body strength training
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    This morn- 3 miles+ on Treadmill - 38 minutes with cooldown 1.5 incline and 5.8 speed on main run
  • jobryan4
    Options
    Ran 3.5 miles last night, swimming laps this afernoon for at least 30min.
  • jobryan4
    Options

Angie

Good job on your personal best - especially if you were in the sand!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    5.8 mile bike ride this morning.... only .2m to go until i can break my 6m marker!!! so excited.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    1 hr of tennis and 3.3 mile run. Too much high impact for today, my plantar fasciitis is really bothering me even after stretches, icing and ibuprofen. Not looking forward to the first few steps in the morning...
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    3+ mile run yesterday, 4 mile run today