Today!

Options

Replies

• jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My first official 5k - 28:54 - PR and beat my goal of 30:00. 2nd in my age group (although there may have only been two - I'm not sure)

WOW, congrats! :)

I played tennis twice over the weekend, both good workouts and ran 3 miles on Saturday. Need to start a program for workouts this week but I'm not sure which program. I definetly work harder and stay focused day to day if I'm following a program.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    3 miles on treadmill this morning + 20 minutes strength training on core
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    treadmill this morning
  • aeverton
    Options
    25 min elliptical followed by lower body strength training. + some random abs and arms strength while watching tv

Angie - if that's you skydiving then I'm super jealous!

YES it is!!! A surprise from my husband to celebrate turning 40 about a week ago....it was AMAZING!!!!!!

Angie
  • aeverton
    Options
    My first official 5k - 28:54 - PR and beat my goal of 30:00. 2nd in my age group (although there may have only been two - I'm not sure)

Way to GO!!

Angie
  • aeverton
    Options
    Saturday morning I ran the American Heart Assoc. 5K. Finished in 26:55 75th out of 287 runners and 18th out of 155 females. Not too bad for only my 2nd timed race. I also lifted weights later that night.

Sunday- ran 3miles
    Monday- weight training
    Tuesday- Nike Training Club Ab burner and Cardio Burst
    Today: weight training.

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Saturday morning I ran the American Heart Assoc. 5K. Finished in 26:55 75th out of 287 runners and 18th out of 155 females. Not too bad for only my 2nd timed race. I also lifted weights later that night.
    Angie

Awesome!!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Well, I might have some impending health issues - have to go see my Doc on Wednesday... I was sort of depressed about that and took the weekend off. But, back at it today - ran a quick warmup mile on treadmill, and the strenth trained - upper bod.
  • aeverton
    Options
    I've hurt my foot and have been "trying" to take it easy. Sucks really! I don't want to lose all the momentum I've gained. I'll probably end up at the doctor myself this week.

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    I've hurt my foot and have been "trying" to take it easy. Sucks really! I don't want to lose all the momentum I've gained. I'll probably end up at the doctor myself this week.

Angie

Ahhhh :( I've been losing momentum and I hate it. I really hope my Dr. gives me a clean bill of health so I don't have excuses, but I'm pretty sure there will be more testing involved until that happens, hopefully I don't lose too much ground.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    Well, I might have some impending health issues - have to go see my Doc on Wednesday... I was sort of depressed about that and took the weekend off. But, back at it today - ran a quick warmup mile on treadmill, and the strenth trained - upper bod.

Sorry to hear this, hopefully the news from the doctor today is better than you expect.

Angie

I hope your foot gets better quickly. Injuries suck, it's always hard to balance recovery with maintaining fitness level. I injured my foot in July it seems to have finally recovered now that I've been working out less (not what I was intending to do).

Well, I've been playing tennis or working out about 3 days a week but I haven't been logging (food or workouts) and workouts are not anything to report about. I'm pretty frustrated with myself that I haven't pushed through my fatigue to get the workout in at the end of the day because I know it will give me more energy the next day. I have energy and plan to workout all day until I get the kids to bed and then I hit a wall. I hate excuses and that seems to be all I have for now. My next post will be about a good workout!
  • jobryan4
    Options
    30 day shred level 1, day 1 plus extra ab work
  • Coolhand1969
    Options

uh-oh -- look like you're getting serious now... ;)
  • jobryan4
    Options

uh-oh -- look like you're getting serious now... ;)

about time, right? ;) lots of lunges - guess my quads don't really remember them because they were screaming, felt good though! day 2 tonight

how did the dr. appointment go?
  • Coolhand1969
    Options

how did the dr. appointment go?

About like I suspected - I have some follow up testing to get done at a cardiac place... The doc didn't seem too concerned though, so in the meantime, I'm continuing as previously. 3 mile run on treadmill this morning at 1.0 incline + .5 mile walk. Strength training to follow at lunchtime.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    About like I suspected - I have some follow up testing to get done at a cardiac place... The doc didn't seem too concerned though, so in the meantime, I'm continuing as previously. 3 mile run on treadmill this morning at 1.0 incline + .5 mile walk. Strength training to follow at lunchtime.

I guess it's a good thing that the doctor wasn't too concerned, hope the follow up testing gives you good results and all the information you need.

Thursday: 30DS, day 2
    Friday: 30DS, day 3
    Saturday: ran for 30 minutes
    Sunday: ran with some walking for 50 minutes
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Saturday - ran 3.5 miles, walked 1 mile
    Sunday - walked 4+miles
    Today - cycling machine for 10 minutes, upper body strength training for 35 minutes or so - hopefully a run later, but some muscles in my hips are hurting a bit, so may take today off from running - not sure... Have a 5k coming up on Saturday, so I'm planning on training hard the first half of this week..
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    ran 3.5 miles today + .5 mile walking
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Strength training this morning. No cardio today - saving it for the timed 5k tomorrow.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    more excuses, sick this week :/. So far this week my only workout was tennis last night (at least the appetite has been gone so calories have been in check). Feeling a lot better today so I plan to do the 30 day shred tonight.

Good luck with your 5K tomorrow, coolhand.