Today!

Options

Replies

• jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    First day back on my ride since Friday morning. Did 4.25 miles but cut down the time it took. Looking to go back to 5 miles tomorrow. Trying to get to 6.5 by the end of the week.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Short runs Saturday and last night. I had some work issues throw me off and I Saturday night/Sunday morning which caused me to not have much energy last night. I'm still feeling the effects today - I couldn't hardly lift anything this morning when I went to lift on upper body. I ended up just saying I'd wait for tomorrow and did some core exercises.
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ran 4.3 miles tonight, making the total for the week 10.8 - way shy of the 15 mile goal but I wouldn't have ran that much this week if it weren't for this thread. And 4.3 is the furthest I've run at one time so I'm happy with that - pretty slow but I'll work on speed later. Going to try to get to the 15 mile mark again but I think I'll start later in the week.

I'm impressed with your time, Angie! Good job!
  • jonward85
    Options
    Coworker challenged me to 15 miles in 3 days. 1 more day left and only 5 miles to go. Cake walk. Did 5.25 Miles this morning. Looking to do it again tomorrow or maybe a hair more.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Strength training with some light elliptical the last two days. I've been wanting to get a run in but it hasn't happened yet :(
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    since I last posted:

Saturday- ChaLean Burn 1

Sunday- ran 3miles

Monday- ChaLean Push 2- took my boys on a 4 hr kayaking trip

Tuesday- Nike Training Club, ab burner and better butt

today- ChaLean Lean 3

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options

Monday- ChaLean Push 2- took my boys on a 4 hr kayaking trip

Angie

Sounds fun!
  • jonward85
    Options
    Only got 3 miles today. About 2 miles in my legs just turned to jello. Not sure what's going on but it was frustrating. Also, my speed was 1/2 what it normally is. Usually i ride about 10-12 MPH and today i averaged 6 MPH. Got home and was really frustrated.

Also, donated double red blood cells today so tomorrow's work out will probably be bad again. :(
  • jonward85
    Options
    Made it four miles today. Not too bad all things considered. Taking a biking break over the weekend. Gonna swim and some other stuff. Since i won't be trolling the forums over the weekend I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Well, I went on a little vacation from work this past week, and pretty much vacationed from fitness along with it... :(
    I got back at it in the gym this morning, and am really hoping that helps me to get out and run. I'm finding it hard to get outside for so much as a walk to the car in the heat, let alone run, but I really don't want to lose all the progress I've made...
  • jobryan4
    Options
    Well, I went on a little vacation from work this past week, and pretty much vacationed from fitness along with it... :(
    I got back at it in the gym this morning, and am really hoping that helps me to get out and run. I'm finding it hard to get outside for so much as a walk to the car in the heat, let alone run, but I really don't want to lose all the progress I've made...

I know how you feel, when I took a vacation week at the end of May I also took a vacation from fitness, at that time I was very active so it didn't matter but getting back into the fitness routine has been just as hard as it was in the beginning and I did lose progress with my runs/fitness level (still better than winter though). And this heat! I'm not usually bothered by heat but this is bad. I'm sure you'll be more successful at getting back on track than I have been. BTW, I hope you enjoyed your vacation :)

Warrior Dash is coming up in 5 weeks so that goal will help me get focused - headed to the gym for a workout in the a/c tonight.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    30 minutes cybex arc trainer, 10 minutes rowing.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    around 25 minutes treadmill - 1.5 incline - 2.5 miles or so
    15 minute strength training -core
  • jobryan4
    Options
    40 minutes on the bike trainer then core and upper strength.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    20 min intervals on treadmill, 30 min elliptical and golf this morning (feeling intercostals I haven't felt in a long time)
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    2.9Mi run this evening.... Thanks for helping to keep me motivated everyone!

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/j_oWuhd8x7c
  • jobryan4
    Options
    2.9Mi run this evening.... Thanks for helping to keep me motivated everyone!

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/j_oWuhd8x7c

Yay for motivation! This thread and everyone who participates has helped motivate me, too! I especially needed the extra accountability recently.

50 minutes of tennis today and I LOVED every second of it.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    15 min elliptical warmup this morning, followed by upper body strength training.

I'm thinking of starting the Bridge to 10K program tonight or tomorrow night (my next run). I want to run a 5k faster, and I know increasing distance is one method... I've run 4mi before, so 6 miles doesn't scare me tooooo bad... :) I think a dedicated program will also help keep me motivated..
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    today I did ChaLean push circuit 2.

yesterday I ran 4 miles for the first time- felt really good and at a pace of 9:12 per mile.

I don't think I checked in last week when I ran my first official "timed" 5K. Boy, it's a lot different running with a group of people and on some narrow passageways too. It was a lot of fun, I look forward to more!

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    besides my work this morning, went out cycling with the wife and put in 5 or six miles. I tried keeping up with her on her fancy new bike - it was difficult ;)